+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Promoted teams in PL

Promoted teams in PL

Played 8 Lost 8. Scored 5, Conceded 20. Possibly the worst start since the PL was formed

Re: Promoted teams in PL

I think it highlights just how weak the Championship was last season. Our division has a totally different feel to it this time around, but last year it felt like it was lacking in quality throughout.

It just shows the gap between PL and Championship now. Teams have wised up to spending silly and being in trouble when they come back down. A lot are sensibly spending within their means and coming back down with several ££ in the bank to go back up again.

Majority of championship teams are hoping for the scraps of fluking a play off win nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    It just shows the gap between PL and Championship now.
    I know what you’re saying, but the fact is that all three teams who were promoted from the Championship in 2021/22 stayed up in the Premier League last season, while Brentford, who were promoted in 2020/21, have subsequently finished 13th and 9th in the top flight. That would suggest the gap isn’t quite so big.

I genuinely believe that the Championship was the poorest it’s been in a long time last season and that was reflected by the quality of the three teams who got promoted, but I do think things have changed for the better this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I know what you’re saying, but the fact is that all three teams who were promoted from the Championship in 2021/22 stayed up in the Premier League last season, while Brentford, who were promoted in 2020/21, have subsequently finished 13th and 9th in the top flight. That would suggest the gap isn’t quite so big.

I genuinely believe that the Championship was the poorest it’s been in a long time last season and that was reflected by the quality of the three teams who got promoted, but I do think things have changed for the better this time around.
    I think Burnley were pretty good to be fair ad should be ok, but Sheffield United and the sides that made the playoffs were poor compared to previous years