+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

But letting three 2 goal leads slip in 7 games is just weak.

Pathetic and something I really hate to see in any team especially one that I have supported all my life.

I’m embarrassed.

Re: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

This is one where you've got every reason to be pissed off. We got ourselves into a fantastic position and we couldn't manage it. Ipswich were forced into turning the screw, what did we expect them to do, yet we allowed it to happen. Didn't see the game Bob, was it poor defending?

At this point it's clear it's not a coincidence.

Ipswich's 2nd and 3rd goals were streaky but a mentally strong team finds ways to see these games out.

As Warnock used to say, you've got to die for 3 points. Too many players in this team who are not prepared to do enough.

The most frustrating thing is that there's large periods of these games where we look a tidy side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Pathetic and something I really hate to see in any team especially one that I have supported all my life.

I’m embarrassed.
    Not careless?
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is one where you've got every reason to be pissed off. We got ourselves into a fantastic position and we couldn't manage it. Ipswich were forced into turning the screw, what did we expect them to do, yet we allowed it to happen. Didn't see the game Bob, was it poor defending?
    I’m on holiday so watched the official stream.

We conceded 3 really soft goals largely of our own making. There was some poor luck maybe for the third in the way that the ball cannoned in off their striker but the defending before it was absolutely awful. The first was all from our terrible defending as was the second from a corner. So no excuses I’m afraid.

We actually played some decent stuff at times and were good for the 2-0 lead but continually throwing away 2-0 leads is just so spineless and weak. Utterly pathetic. 3 data points form a line! And we have only played seven games.

It absolutely enrages me.

And Ipswich weren’t even very good!

I’m embarrassed.
    Can't blame the players. In the two away league games we were playing well, looking dangerous, then the manager changes things and suddenly we become ultra defensive to try and protect what we had. If we'd have kept on playing as we had in both games, we'd have 6 points from them, not 1.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    At this point it's clear it's not a coincidence.

Ipswich's 2nd and 3rd goals were streaky but a mentally strong team finds ways to see these games out.

As Warnock used to say, you've got to die for 3 points. Too many players in this team who are not prepared to do enough.

The most frustrating thing is that there's large periods of these games where we look a tidy side.
    Thank you.

EXACTLY this! This is exactly right.

I'm parking that defeat a Buluts feet poor tactical decision at 2 nil up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't blame the players. In the two away league games we were playing well, looking dangerous, then the manager changes things and suddenly we become ultra defensive to try and protect what we had. If we'd have kept on playing as we had in both games, we'd have 6 points from them, not 1.
    But we have 1 point not 6! That is exactly the point. This is not bad luck. It is a trend. It happening maybe once a season could be deemed unfortunate but 3 times in 7 games……only the most data illiterate person won’t be able to see that this isn’t bad luck or carelessness.

Clearly the defence needs a shake up

To throw away a two goal league is unacceptable

It happens , even to good sides but its poor tactics

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Clearly the defence needs a shake up

To throw away a two goal league is unacceptable

It happens , even to good sides but its poor tactics
    Its not just the defence his tactics had us all over the place.

Unlike Leeds they werent even particularly threatening.

Weve(our manager) have gifted them that game. Somehow we have to get to about 50 points and throwing away points like this is going to make it really difficult

Having been to Leeds I’m sure we could have kicked in and hit a third. You invite teams on and pay for it.

Thank you.

EXACTLY this! This is exactly right.
    I'm not defending Bulut, no reason for me to do so, he has to take a fair portion of responsibility. The players need to as well, shifting three goals in 16 minutes when we were 2 goals up is incompetent. 30 minutes to go and we all knew what was coming, Ipswich had to push in and take chances.

Got to look for a bit of leadership and character for 10-15 minutes, all we had to do was get organized, concentrate and do the basics. Sounds like the players and Bulut offered Ipswich on. That's alright, but to fold like they did is inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its not just the defence his tactics had us all over the place.

Unlike Leeds they werent even particularly threatening.

Weve(our manager) have gifted them that game. Somehow we have to get to about 50 points and throwing away points like this is going to make it really difficult
    It's 5 games in

He's made mistakes today and I am sure he's going to have to face some questions because he certainly should hold his hand up

It's only now really that we can begin to see who is up to it

I would have no hesitation in supporting Ramsey being a bit part player if some of our younger players step up

I'm not defending Bulut, no reason for me to do so, he has to take a fair portion of responsibility. The players need to as well, shifting three goals in 16 minutes when we were 2 goals up is incompetent. 30 minutes to go and we all knew what was coming, Ipswich had to push in and take chances.

Got to look for a bit of leadership and character for 10-15 minutes, all we had to do was get organized, concentrate and do the basics. Sounds like the players and Bulut offered Ipswich on. That's alright, but to fold like they did is inept.
    Inept , incompetent? .....or not very good

Maybe they just are not up to it

And we need better

He's thrown Tanner under bus in his post match interview an all.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Inept , incompetent? .....or not very good

Maybe they just are not up to it

And we need better
    Maybe, we shall find out. Shifting three goals in 16 minutes when the manager and players knew what was coming is worrying. There's certainly a problem.

Did you watch the game?

Ralls is someone you want in a battle - he subbed him!

Tanner was hit and miss but if he lost the ball he tracked back and put in some tackles. He subbed him for Ugbo who was useless.

Im also concerned about our fitness we dont play a high press but allow the back 4 to play then started pressing ( which worked well)but we couldnt keep it up.

If wed lost 3-2 to Leeds it would have been fair. Today was an utter shocker. It was a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What's he said

Did you watch the game?

Ralls is someone you want in a battle - he subbed him!

Tanner was hit and miss but if he lost the ball he tracked back and put in some tackles. He subbed him for Ugbo who was useless.

Im also concerned about our fitness we dont play a high press but allow the back 4 to play then started pressing ( which worked well)but we couldnt keep it up.

If wed lost 3-2 to Leeds it would have been fair. Today was an utter shocker. It was a gift.
    No mate, I didn't see the game. But even with those two substitutions we should be able to see the game out or at least get a point. These are professional footballers.Don't think that I'm defending Bulut though, there's 11 grown arsed men on the pitch who need to take responsibility as well

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I was willing to give him the benefit for the tactical shambles today but that post match presser is an absolute shovel of shit.

Yep if tan agrees and thinks another manager could do as well as bulut and get 5 points in 5 games with the money he is paying these players then bulut will probably be gone in a month or so.

We've got a clown as a manager. Nothing in his track record suggested he could do this job and he's showing already he can't. Dalman the cat who got the cream once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We've got a clown as a manager. Nothing in his track record suggested he could do this job and he's showing already he can't. Dalman the cat who got the cream once again.
    Do you actually believe this nonsense?