+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

Re: Not careless, or unlucky, or unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No mate, I didn't see the game. But even with those two substitutions we should be able to see the game out or at least get a point. These are professional footballers.Don't think that I'm defending Bulut though, there's 11 grown arsed men on the pitch who need to take responsibility as well
    This is exactly right Dennis.

I wrote this same post in another thread but deleted it as I was so annoyed.

Bulut’s substitutions and change of formation didn’t really help but nevertheless…..

You are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This is exactly right Dennis.

I wrote this same post in another thread but deleted it as I was so annoyed.

Bulut’s substitutions and change of formation didn’t really help but nevertheless…..

You are spot on.
    For anyone in this thread who travelled, I can understand the frustration I’d be so annoyed with that result.

I’m away on hols so haven’t seen the game but Christ let’s remember the guy has only just put his team together on a shoestring. Some players have been here 5 minutes

Sounds like there were a lot of positives but a lot to learn from

If we are ever going to rebuild, then we need a bit of patience

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    For anyone in this thread who travelled, I can understand the frustration I’d be so annoyed with that result.

I’m away on hols so haven’t seen the game but Christ let’s remember the guy has only just put his team together on a shoestring. Some players have been here 5 minutes

There’s patience though and then there’s ignoring the bleeding obvious. No side can hope to prosper or even improve if they are going to be throwing away two goal leads in close to half of their natches.

Nice

Still lack natural leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Still lack natural leaders.
    I do agree.

I’m away on hols so haven’t seen the game but Christ let’s remember the guy has only just put his team together on a shoestring.
    A shoestring? Are you sure?

Some right knicker wetting going on here.
    When we won playing percentage football we were slated.

This team are playing the best football Cardiff have played in years and stupid errors cost us.
    That includes some of Bulut’s decisions.

We were by far the better team and we will be competitive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    We were by far the better team…
    Today? In the 3-2 defeat at Ipswich?

This team are playing the best football Cardiff have played in years and stupid errors cost us.

I was reading a Ipswich fanzine and they said we ....ccfc ...were the better side for 60 minutes and with a goalscorer would have killed it off

Bulut deffo needs to question his own decisions on completely changing the defensive set up though

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes 100%
    Is it not possible to play better than the opposition and lose?

I totally agree. I think the manager f****d up today but it doesn't mean he will not improve in time. The squad itself looks far more exciting than any we've had in the last 4 years.

Yes 100%. Is it not possible to play better than the opposition and lose?
    Of course it is. But you’re the only person I’ve seen or heard suggest that City were by far the better team today.

Was clear as day what was going to happen when Broadhead scored and Bulut made two of the most negative changes I've ever seen.

All on the manager that result, he wanted them to soak up a barrage despite being clear to every man and his dog this is something we are not capable of pulling off. Three 2-0 leads dropped in a handful of game is completely unacceptable. Bulut will be on thin ice when we lose to Swansea.

As far as I'm aware , the only person who wears knickers on this forum is Sludge....and he seems pretty calm .

I do agree though that some of the responses are a bit OTT.

The fact that we can even take a two goal lead has got to be cause for a bit of optimism.

We are obviously capable of doing the important bit , we just need to do the ugly stuff now....which probably comes down to attitude, fitness, 10 players behind the ball , counter...etc etc .....that stuff has got to be quite easy to fix.

Of course it is. But you’re the only person I’ve seen or heard suggest that City were by far the better team today.
    In the match thread I’m sure that there are many complimentary comments on how we played.

I think we were shaky for the first 10 minutes and then dominated for most of the match until we gifted them 3 stupid goals over a short period.

Even in a losing position, I thought we could get something.
    We were far better than them today.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As far as I'm aware , the only person who wears knickers on this forum is Sludge....and he seems pretty calm .

I do agree though that some of the responses are a bit OTT.

The fact that we can even take a two goal lead has got to be cause for a bit of optimism.

We are obviously capable of doing the important bit , we just need to do the ugly stuff now....which probably comes down to attitude, fitness, 10 players behind the ball , counter...etc etc .....that stuff has got to be quite easy to fix.
    Sick to death of this rhetoric already. Boo hoo, we can score goals... doesn't count for anything if the defence and midfield turn to wet paper when we're up against it.

Swansea game will define our season.

Fair enough. It’s all about opinions I guess. Yours differs from every other report I’ve read or heard, but you’re fully entitled to your view.

Fair enough. It’s all about opinions I guess. Yours differs from every other report I’ve read or heard, but you’re fully entitled to your view.
    Just to confirm, we weren't better than them today. We just happened to be 2-0 up.

In the match thread I’m sure that there are many complimentary comments on how we played.

I think we were shaky for the first 10 minutes and then dominated for most of the match until we gifted them 3 stupid goals over a short period.

Even in a losing position, I thought we could get something.
    I think that we have them a good game and that they aren’t a great side, but we need to be able to close games out (which is pretty obvious and shouldn’t be that hard to do from 2-0 winning positions….)

I can’t agree that ‘we were far better than them today’.

We lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Just to confirm, we weren't better than them today. We just happened to be 2-0 up.
    We were the better side 1st half.

There was absolutely no reason to sub Tanner. Him and Grant were causing plenty of problems out wide and Meite should have put us 2 up.

He said he wasnt satisfied with Tanners performance well id love to know his feelings on Ugbos 45.

Weve gifted them a goal after doing well to be 2 up and unlike the Leeds game where we really hit them with a couple of sucker punches I think we were worthy of a 2 goal lead but we completely feck up from a goal kick to let them back in.

Bulut then proceeds to completely lose the plot and we are all over the place. Though even at 2-2 we really should have taken the lead again.

I remember some collapses under Dave Jones but that was him not having much idea other than 442.

This was a manager completely fecking up tactically from half time.

We will play far better teams than Ipswich and if we put in performances including the last 30 we will have some right hammerings this season.

Coulda Shoulda been 3 or 4 nil up.
    Goutas header created a wonder save from the Ipswich keeper and then the (very debatable call but is what it is) disallowed goal from Grant.

Meite missed an open goal from Tanners cross.

They had a lame header from Broadhead and an effort at Runnersons feet.

The goals that they scored were all shit shows gifted from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But letting three 2 goal leads slip in 7 games is just weak.

Pathetic and something I really hate to see in any team especially one that I have supported all my life.

I’m embarrassed.
    Not like you to be dramatic.

Shite last half hour, but 1st half was a million miles away from previous seasons. Means little when you throw it away but plenty to be positive about on reflection in any event.

We were better than them for an hour and to deny that is daft. The fact that we imploded after playing so well for the majority of the game is worrying, especially when the manager appears to have helped that process along.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Not like you to be dramatic.

Shite last half hour, but 1st half was a million miles away from previous seasons. Means little when you throw it away but plenty to be positive about on reflection in any event.
    Not like you to stick your head in the sand and ignore the facts staring you in the face which is the exact opposite of what pretty much everyone else has done.

Dream on….