+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anti English chanting mentioned on Call Rob

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anti English chanting mentioned on Call Rob

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Modern football? ....as I’ve alluded to, I want to go back to the likes of the chants and songs we sang thirty/forty odd years ago, ones that supported the side, included players names etc rather than anti English and anti Swansea songs on repeat. The Cardiff youth of my day were so much more inventive and talented in their field than today’s lot who think a paedophile song is the type of thing that gees the side up. Surely you can see that???
    Lol - Classic 70s chants like you’re gonna get your fkn head kicked in….thrown any away supporters in the taf lately Parker.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Lol - Classic 70s chants like you’re gonna get your fkn head kicked in….thrown any away supporters in the taf lately Parker.��
    My post said, ‘chants and songs we sang thirty/forty years ago, ones that supported the side’. The ones you’ve mentioned above are the type that you’re condoning by the tone of your posts but they were of their time, unfortunately, but they were considerably diluted by pro Cardiff City songs. It seems that your take on support, anti this, anti that type of chanting is helping the atmosphere and the team, it isn’t. Giving Swansea air time when playing Rotherham is pretty daft. A head shaking moment at Leicester the other week when some started singing ‘We f*cking hate the West country’. It just emphasises how crap today’s repertoire is, the wittiness and inventiveness is sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My post said, ‘chants and songs we sang thirty/forty years ago, ones that supported the side’. The ones you’ve mentioned above are the type that you’re condoning by the tone of your posts but they were of their time, unfortunately, but they were considerably diluted by pro Cardiff City songs. It seems that your take on support, anti this, anti that type of chanting is helping the atmosphere and the team, it isn’t. Giving Swansea air time when playing Rotherham is pretty daft. A head shaking moment at Leicester the other week when some started singing ‘We f*cking hate the West country’. It just emphasises how crap today’s repertoire is, the wittiness and inventiveness is sadly lacking.
    C'mon Splottie, where's your love for City if you can't enjoy seeing your team 2up away from home and the away support are serenading the home crowd about 10 year olds in West Wales being the victims of incestuous child abuse?

I loved it. Stood there with my 10 year old makes it all the more meaningful.