+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anti English chanting mentioned on Call Rob

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anti English chanting mentioned on Call Rob

Sounds like some of our lot were threatening Ipswich fans on the way back to the station

It wouldn't have been a surprise with Bristol , Stoke , etc

But Ipswich ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sounds like some of our lot were threatening Ipswich fans on the way back to the station

But Ipswich ?
    I kid you not but Ipswich do have a element of idiots these days.

But Ipswich ?

Long journey, plenty of drinking time

But Ipswich ?
    Not saying it didn't happen and I can imagine one or two were piissed up and piissed off enough to start acting like arses but on the walk back to my car, which was also the location for the City coaches it seemed all quite sedate? Both sets of fans mixing without any moither as far as I could see? I didn't think there were any trains operating on Saturday due to line works and a strike?

Ipswich's family stand contained some beauties mind. Dearie God, they were like a mass lab experiment.

Ipswich is a proper one club, football town, their support were very visible and match days obviously generates income for local businesses. Ipswich fans I spoke to pre and post game were great,one advised where to head off to, we had a good yap about Ipswich in the 70s and respective club owners. I arrived there around 11ish with my lad to have a look around and grab some food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not saying it didn't happen and I can imagine one or two were piissed up and piissed off enough to start acting like arses but on the walk back to my car, which was also the location for the City coaches it seemed all quite sedate? Both sets of fans mixing without any moither as far as I could see? I didn't think there were any trains operating on Saturday due to line works and a strike?

Ipswich's family stand contained some beauties mind. Dearie God, they were like a mass lab experiment.

Ipswich is a proper one club, football town, their support were very visible and match days obviously generates income for local businesses. Ipswich fans I spoke to pre and post game were great,one advised where to head off to, we had a good yap about Ipswich in the 70s and respective club owners. I arrived there around 11ish with my lad to have a look around and grab some food.
    It was on the main Ipswich Town forum

It was on the main Ipswich Town forum
    Saw one City fan getting spoke to by Heddlu but they walked him back to the coaches. They were obviously well acquainted and it looked like a piissed off father (copper) admonishing his dopey son. Not sure what brought it on but perhaps that was the incident(s)?

Both sets of support were allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Progress isn't it?

City will always have one or two beauts as do every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Saw one City fan getting spoke to by Heddlu but they walked him back to the coaches. They were obviously well acquainted and it looked like a piissed off father (copper) admonishing his dopey son. Not sure what brought it on but perhaps that was the incident(s)?

Both sets of support were allowed to leave the stadium the same time. Progress isn't it?

City will always have one or two beauts as do every other club.
    https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/565528/...fans-today/#85

Looks like the bloke walking back to the station saw the same "incident" you did. A lary fan mentioned by a local. Not a plural in sight!

Interesting that the anti-English content of our songbook sounds as boring to home fans as it does to a number here though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/565528/...fans-today/#85

Looks like the bloke walking back to the station saw the same "incident" you did. A lary fan mentioned by a local. Not a plural in sight!

Interesting that the anti-English content of our songbook sounds as boring to home fans as it does to a number here though.
    Not like Sludge to try and blow things out of proportion. It hardly sounds like Swansea away in the 1991 FA Cup.