+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of the honeymoon period for Erol Bulut?

End of the honeymoon period for Erol Bulut?

Lessons not being learned as two goal lead is blown for the third time.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: End of the honeymoon period for Erol Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks Bob. Your write-ups are usually very good, this one is even better. A great example of how to balance and style a piece of writing.
    I watched most of the game via a dodgy stream which gave up on me just after half time. Therefore had the pleasure of watching a very good performance and then the frustration of listening to the self destruction on the radio. And I think that is the thing that really stings about our poor results when they happen: they are SO self-imposed, whether it be non-sensical changes or player errors. These have to be eradicated or, what I think still could potentially be a good season, could turn into the chaos and shambles that we are slowly becoming accustomed to.
    I know it is still way too early in the season for this normally to be the case but I believe that the next game up will be key to how things pan out. Both the manager and the team have to get things right, from the first whistle to the last. I really hope that they do.

Good read as always Bob.

With regard to Bulut's honeymoon period being over, beat the JBs in a fortnight and he will be forgiven a few other mistakes along the way, in his learning curve of the Championship. I think he is having problems adjusting to managing in the English football league at the moment. Hopefully a lot of those issues will be ironed out over the next fortnight.

Lose, and most of he goodwill towards him will surely disappear. I hope he has the players psyched up enough. If not, we need to summon up Dai Hunt to make an appearance in the dressing room pre-match game. Only joking with that last sentence. I do fear for our soft underbelly though with that important game coming up though.

He has never had a honeymoon period on here as do none of the players - been the same for years now

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    He has never had a honeymoon period on here as do none of the players - been the same for years now
    And that’s how it should be. These people are highly-paid professionals, not keen amateurs. Their jobs are to get results and they get handsomely paid to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good read as always Bob.

With regard to Bulut's honeymoon period being over, beat the JBs in a fortnight and he will be forgiven a few other mistakes along the way, in his learning curve of the Championship. I think he is having problems adjusting to managing in the English football league at the moment. Hopefully a lot of those issues will be ironed out over the next fortnight.

Lose, and most of he goodwill towards him will surely disappear. I hope he has the players psyched up enough. If not, we need to summon up Dai Hunt to make an appearance in the dressing room pre-match game. Only joking with that last sentence. I do fear for our soft underbelly though with that important game coming up though.
    The knives will well and truly be out of we lose to them.

I dont think realistically there was a honeymoon period. Hes a left field unknown manager with no experience at this level who still could be anything.

We played some good football yesterday and it wasnt the horrible slow walk it to the half way line possession game Morison inflicted on us We passed it around with some pace. However over the years ive seen a lot of sides below us in the league who have passed it around for fun but weve comfortably seen off.

What we saw after half time was a complete tactical shambles and he continued with a bad press conference.

As well as the tactics though is our squads fitness levels below what is needed at this level. Is that a contributing factor to us folding in games.

To stay up we cant have a squad who have not done enough fitness work pre season and the squad certainly cant have a manager making such bizarre changes as yesterday.

Lets see where we are after 10-12 games. By then the excuses will be over.

Its no good passing it better and being easier on the eye and keep losing.

Paul, great article. I particularly like the point you allude to in that the manager is not always right and that the fans can see glaringly mistakes of selection or tactics.

Bulut had a terrible day yesterday and used up a lot, if not all, the credit afforded to new managers. The Swansea match is going to be a big one for him

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The knives will well and truly be out of we lose to them.
    It depends how we lose. If the players show up, put a shift in and don't do anything stupid I will begrudgingly accept defeat. For now. As long as we can stay away from the drop zone, I'm prepared to give Bulut some time to adjust. There's certainly been an improvement in our general play. I'd like to see what the club and Bulut do in January.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It depends how we lose. If the players show up, put a shift in and don't do anything stupid I will begrudgingly accept defeat. For now. As long as we can stay away from the drop zone, I'm prepared to give Bulut some time to adjust. There's certainly been an improvement in our general play. I'd like to see what the club and Bulut do in January.
    I'd agree with that. Many won't though.

Morrison MKIi

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I'd agree with that. Many won't though.
    I doubt Vincent Tan would.

If Tan did sack him though ,he’d probably get a furious reaction from the fans and media.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If Tan did sack him though ,he’d probably get a furious reaction from the fans and media.
    As if he’d care about that…

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Morrison MKIi
    Harsh. It'll take time to undo the damage Morison and Hudson did to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Harsh. It'll take time to undo the damage Morison and Hudson did to this team.
    In what way?

That's the problem, isn't it. Mistakes, errors, losses of concentration, they all happen sometimes, but it seems a trait with this City team. Same as the last two home games where sloppy, mis-placed passes were too frequent. I don't think we have a 'leader' in defence. Kipre, Bamba, Morrison, all strong leaders. Whilst McGuiness is my stand-out player for City, with Goutas alongside him there doesn't seem to be someone organizing, pointing, shouting. If there's one position that needs filling it's centre back [alongside McGuiness]

Morison is now managing in the 7th tier and I couldn't see any improvement in the team or individuals under his stewardship but I'm seeing progress even if yesterday was a few steps back.

Hopefully Bulut learns from the mistakes he made yesterday and make us more resilient without sacrificing the exciting attacking play.

It'll also take the players time to regain confidence only regularly winning can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And that’s how it should be. These people are highly-paid professionals, not keen amateurs. Their jobs are to get results and they get handsomely paid to do so.
    Don't disagree but there is a difference between having a honeymoon period and people calling for his head after 5 games.

Regardless of how much someone is paid this a human being profession so it can take time for people to change habits etc and for those individuals to perform as a team.

Time is something as a club and it's fans and supporters in various guides don't seem to let people have hence our revolving door for managers and expensive turn around of players and no stability at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Don't disagree but there is a difference between having a honeymoon period and people calling for his head after 5 games.

Regardless of how much someone is paid this a human being profession so it can take time for people to change habits etc and for those individuals to perform as a team.

Time is something as a club and it's fans and supporters in various guides don't seem to let people have hence our revolving door for managers and expensive turn around of players and no stability at the club.
    Don’t think anyone is calling for the manager to sacked are they?

No but if he continues to fail to get results then the question needs to be asked.

It would be good to compare to Morison’s first few games where we did look like we were going somewhere.

On various social media platforms yes apparently

I think it would be good for bulut to step up and accept he made a faux pas on Saturday

So far he's been a breath of fresh air and for him to accept he messed up would be brilliant to move forward

He's getting most things right

International

Which is the bigger problem, being unable to score any goals, or scoring two almost every game but making daft mistakes?

I would say we are in a much better position than we were most of last season, especially Hudsons team, we need to work as a team defensively and stop the soft goals, easier said than done I know, but most Managers far prefer this problem and going back to basics can usually cure these issues quite quickly.

The first half was brilliant and a real surprise we completely outplayed them and could have really got another two, Meite should have scored and Grant cut inside a few times and wasn't far away and their keeper made some great saves.

Swansea is a massive game, Duff is under massive pressure and will probably get the sack if we stuff them after his comments his position is untenable, its the World Cup final to them. Bulut will also be under a lot of pressure now, but personally, regardless of the result I would stick with him, I feel despite the disappointment we are moving in the right direction.

I don’t understand Bulut bringing on Panzo, wouldn’t it be better, to have let him train with the squad over the international break and then consider him for the Swansea game ?