+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of the honeymoon period for Erol Bulut?

Re: End of the honeymoon period for Erol Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I don’t understand Bulut bringing on Panzo, wouldn’t it be better, to have let him train with the squad over the international break and then consider him for the Swansea game ?
    We have 3 centre backs there

I am sure in rotation we will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It would be good to compare to Morison’s first few games where we did look like we were going somewhere.
    First five league games last season under Morison:

Won 2, drew 1, lost 2, scored 3, conceded 4, points 7

First five league games this season under Bulut:

Won 1, drew 1, lost 3, scored 8, conceded 10, points 4

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Yes he got a couple of results early on but I seem to remember everybody wondering when we were gonna play some football.This season so far seems to be the polar opposite,some good football but bad results which makes it more baffling considering the good stuff being played.

Pretty much as it seems then, think we have looked noticeably more attractive on the ball and going forward but looking poorer going towards our own goal. Just seem a bit of a mess when teams have a go, unable to turn momentum back in our favour.

Of course such a small sample size, will be interesting to look at after the next 5.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Yes he got a couple of results early on but I seem to remember everybody wondering when we were gonna play some football.
    The Birmingham game early last season was only a 1-0 victory but was a distance better in terms of the football than either of the two home games so far this season. City were pretty good that day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62445400

Bin him. Very questionable decision making which makes him a high risk. Who in their right mind does that (unprompted!) in the second half alone

International

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Bin him. Very questionable decision making which makes him a high risk. Who in their right mind does that (unprompted!) in the second half alone
    Most Managers go more defensive when they are two nil up in the second half, it's common practice to tighten things up play on the break and when the gaps open nick a thrid.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Most Managers go more defensive when they are two nil up in the second half, it's common practice to tighten things up play on the break and when the gaps open nick a thrid.
    We went defensive at 2-1. With half hour to play that is asking for trouble.

Not convinced by Bulut so far, the next set of games before the October break will be telling considering 4 of those fixtures are at home and on paper all winnable.

International

It's tricky, it looks great when it works, but often you invite pressure and it fails. If he had gone more attacking and we still lost I guarantee all the posts would be that he's stupid and why didn't he shore it up and keep the lead?

The jury is out and he's under real pressure, we can't score three goals a game just to get a draw it's ridiculous, and his players are letting him down defensively.

We've had tough away games so far, QPR was terrible and we are a bit unlucky not to have three or four more points, after Swansea I think we will be okay and improve and pick up the points, the team should learn from this a few weeks off games should help.

It's tricky, it looks great when it works, but often you invite pressure and it fails. If he had gone more attacking and we still lost I guarantee all the posts would be that he's stupid and why didn't he shore it up and keep the lead?

The jury is out and he's under real pressure, we can't score three goals a game just to get a draw it's ridiculous, and his players are letting him down defensively.

We've had tough away games so far, QPR was terrible and we are a bit unlucky not to have three or four more points, after Swansea I think we will be okay and improve and pick up the points, the team should learn from this a few weeks off games should help.
    He shouldn't be under pressure

And he probably isn't

But on here certain factions of our support will only be happy if they can moan and talk nonsense about tactics

He's deffo got to put the Ipswich cock up behind him but I am sure that's being looked at

Yes and if we had defended well as he would have intended he'd be called a tactical genius by some.

Truth is we have no idea how good he really is or will be for us. I'm more than happy to concede he knows far more about football management than me and even more so the qualities of the squad at his disposal.

He deserves time, what is it 8 new signings again, we just need a settled squad and manager for a bit.

I don’t understand Bulut bringing on Panzo, wouldn’t it be better, to have let him train with the squad over the international break and then consider him for the Swansea game ?
    He was actually signed weeks ago and had
    probably spent plenty of time with the squad.

The Birmingham game early last season was only a 1-0 victory but was a distance better in terms of the football than either of the two home games so far this season. City were pretty good that day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62445400
    Maybe for that game and we only scrapped past Wed I'll admit but that side hadn't faced any team near the quality of the sides we.ve faced so far.Theres no doubt we have more quality now and yet managed to snatch defeat our of the jaws of victory in 2 of our last 3 away matches.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He was actually signed weeks ago and had probably spent plenty of time with the squad.

Nice one.

First Team

I don't know what to make of Bulut.

On the plus side, he appears a straight talker, he got rid of Ojo (aimless, careless and no end product), he binned Simpson (a hopeless "footballer"), and, he got money for Allsop (who I detested for his shithousery in games).

On the negative side, Ipswich was bizarre. Second half we looked like rabbits in headlights. Picking out Tanner was wrong (I accept he may not have been performing his defensive assignments). The jury is also out on Ugbo, Goutas, Siopis etc.

May we live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I don't know what to make of Bulut.

On the plus side, he appears a straight talker, he got rid of Ojo (aimless, careless and no end product), he binned Simpson (a hopeless "footballer"), and, he got money for Allsop (who I detested for his shithousery in games).

On the negative side, Ipswich was bizarre. Second half we looked like rabbits in headlights. Picking out Tanner was wrong (I accept he may not have been performing his defensive assignments). The jury is also out on Ugbo, Goutas, Siopis etc.

May we live in interesting times.
    Half of the problem is that we've been looking for freebies. We were a side that avoided relegation partly because of Reading's points deduction. Finishing mid table would be a massive achievement for me. I'm surprised by how well we've done in attack but our defending has been crap.

Whichever way it’s been dressed up, it’s a squad cobbled together with leftovers. To score so many times so far this season is a right bonus, had we been keeping clean sheets as well the odds would have been akin to winning the lottery. Would have been a miracle with our restrictions to emerge with a decent squad completely across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Whichever way it’s been dressed up, it’s a squad cobbled together with leftovers. To score so many times so far this season is a right bonus, had we been keeping clean sheets as well the odds would have been akin to winning the lottery. Would have been a miracle with our restrictions to emerge with a decent squad completely across the board.
    I think the fact that we've opened games so well and looked good, particularly away from home, then imploded makes things look good.

If the opposite had happened, we'd been 2-0 down 4 times already but come back and even won one of them, we'd be applauding the team's resolve.

So shore up that defence and defend from midfield

It can't be that difficult

The new central defenders and the new face in midfield are surely quality enough and the manager should be given time to improve things

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So shore up that defence and defend from midfield

It can't be that difficult

The new central defenders and the new face in midfield are surely quality enough and the manager should be given time to improve things
    That's the one thing that's been a bit odd for me about Siopis so far... he's clearly got quality, can drive forward with the ball and pass it a bit, gets stuck in all over the place and will be a fan favorite, but to my untrained eye it doesn't look like he's doing a great job of protecting the defense in the two games so far. The Broadhead goal being a good example of where you'd expect him just to be sitting in front of the defense there and have snuffed out any danger long before the player got the chance to shoot.

Early doors and he should obviously be given a chance to settle in.. maybe also a case of trying to do too much to impress in his first few games with a new manager and fanbase as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    That's the one thing that's been a bit odd for me about Siopis so far... he's clearly got quality, can drive forward with the ball and pass it a bit, gets stuck in all over the place and will be a fan favorite, but to my untrained eye it doesn't look like he's doing a great job of protecting the defense in the two games so far. The Broadhead goal being a good example of where you'd expect him just to be sitting in front of the defense there and have snuffed out any danger long before the player got the chance to shoot.

Early doors and he should obviously be given a chance to settle in.. maybe also a case of trying to do too much to impress in his first few games with a new manager and fanbase as well.
    I think that's fair enough

He's certainly a duracell type player

At the moment I’m more optimistic about Siopis fully adjusting to life in the Championship than Goutas. It’s concerning that the latter was unable to last the ninety minutes at Leicester considering he’d been with us through virtually all of the pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the fact that we've opened games so well and looked good, particularly away from home, then imploded makes things look good.

If the opposite had happened, we'd been 2-0 down 4 times already but come back and even won one of them, we'd be applauding the team's resolve.
    We looked good for large periods before falling apart Saturday. At home we look just like what the bookies have us - relegation favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We looked good for large periods before falling apart Saturday. At home we look just like what the bookies have us - relegation favs.
    Rotherham are the favorites to go down. There are five teams with shorter odds than us.