+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Transfer Window

January Transfer Window

I know it's a while away but do we think we'll have any funds to play with? It would be nice to think we can make a move for Kieffer and a permanent centre back.

Re: January Transfer Window

would have loved Kieffer to come in the summer, but I'm not sure about a move in January.
    if we are in danger of going down, or within touching distance of the automatic spots then it would be worth investing some money, but if we are in mid table obscurity then I'm not sure whether it'll be worth the money we would need to pay.
    he will be 32 at the start of next season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and we'll need a centre forward at the start of next season. I'd be very surprised if we don't go for him in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    and we'll need a centre forward at the start of next season. I'd be very surprised if we don't go for him in Jan.
    yeah I wouldn't be against it, depending on how much it will cost.
    there won't be any chance of us getting any sort of a fee for him in the future, so any investment will be gone in 1 or possibly 2 seasons.
    I don't think we are in the position to spend much on effectively a glorified loan fee, so it will really depend how much they want for him.
    On the plus side, he doesn't seem as though the rigours of age have started to catch up with him yet, but you can never tell, some players go on and on, others drop off a cliff in their early 30s

yeah I wouldn't be against it, depending on how much it will cost.
    there won't be any chance of us getting any sort of a fee for him in the future, so any investment will be gone in 1 or possibly 2 seasons.
    I don't think we are in the position to spend much on effectively a glorified loan fee, so it will really depend how much they want for him.
    On the plus side, he doesn't seem as though the rigours of age have started to catch up with him yet, but you can never tell, some players go on and on, others drop off a cliff in their early 30s
    Moore had a relatively late start in pro football which could help him in that regard

Vardy should have fallen off a cliff years ago with the way he plays but I imagine the late start helps his longevity

would have loved Kieffer to come in the summer, but I'm not sure about a move in January.
    if we are in danger of going down, or within touching distance of the automatic spots then it would be worth investing some money, but if we are in mid table obscurity then I'm not sure whether it'll be worth the money we would need to pay.
    I know what you mean about his age but in his defence he's not a player that relies on pace which is usually first to go plus I don't think he's had a particularly arduous 50 games a season from 18.

Like you though unless we have any chance of making a push or he costs very little we're probably better off looking at more practical targets

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I know what you mean about his age but in his defence he's not a player that relies on pace which is usually first to go plus I don't think he's had a particularly arduous 50 games a season from 18.

Like you though unless we have any chance of making a push or he costs very little we're probably better off looking at more practical targets
    exactly, if he's here and making the difference between us finishing 16th or 10th then what's the point

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Moore had a relatively late start in pro football which could help him in that regard

Vardy should have fallen off a cliff years ago with the way he plays but I imagine the late start helps his longevity
    Would you rather 32-year-old Kieffer Moore on loan or 36-year-old Jamie Vardy? I think I'd go for Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Would you rather 32-year-old Kieffer Moore on loan or 36-year-old Jamie Vardy? I think I'd go for Vardy.
    While they are very different players I think I'd take Moore. Vardy isn't half the player he was - even the Leicester fans have accepted he's a sub at best realistically.

Very different players, I'd go for Moore

Why would Vardy come here he has Saudi written all over him along with his feckless wife ?

Don't think Moore is the answer , we have plenty of capable attackers, hopefully Robinson will return soon , its more about how to defend winning positions, Moore won't solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why would Vardy come here he has Saudi written all over him along with his feckless wife ?

Don't think Moore is the answer , we have plenty of capable attackers, hopefully Robinson will return soon , it’s more about how to defend winning positions, Moore won't solve that.
    Moore will help because he will hold onto the ball when we clear it. This means there will be less pressure on us. We don’t have a striker who can hold onto the ball.

Also, Vardy is staying with Leicester. If he had Saudi written all over him, he’d be there already.