+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Triple Lock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Triple Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    WTF?? The state pension is not a benefit, it's been paid for by the recipient over their working life.
    I think it is still defined as a benefit by the government.

Most people won't have paid enough NI to cover even a few years of state pension, it is a ponzi that current working age people pay for.

Ironically the current pensioners were quite happy for the older generations (their parents and grandparents) to die in poverty and freeze to death when they were the ones contributing to the system rather than taking from it. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it's envy to suggest that if we are looking to target cuts then maybe the triple lock is something to take a second glance at

Re: Triple Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think it is still defined as a benefit by the government.

Most people won't have paid enough NI to cover even a few years of state pension, it is a ponzi that current working age people pay for.

Ironically the current pensioners were quite happy for the older generations (their parents and grandparents) to die in poverty and freeze to death when they were the ones contributing to the system rather than taking from it. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it's envy to suggest that if we are looking to target cuts then maybe the triple lock is something to take a second glance at
    but a quarter of all pensioners have retired with enough cash to get a helicopter to the post office on a Thursday , paying loads of NI , a 'ponzi' if you like ,that was always the point , you pay for the generation that has retired, but to be fair i laffed like f@@@ watching my parents freeze to death.