+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Re: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    embarrassing that we went out to that side
    I reckon we'd have struggled to do any better to be honest. I hope they look at how they arrange the seedings for the next tournament. The way it's fallen this time makes a bit of a mockery of the tournament. 2 epic quarter finals and 2 walkover semis

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I reckon we'd have struggled to do any better to be honest. I hope they look at how they arrange the seedings for the next tournament. The way it's fallen this time makes a bit of a mockery of the tournament. 2 epic quarter finals and 2 walkover semis
    Absolutely agree. The problem Rugby Union has now is there's 4 sides then the rest. There's no guarantee things will even up any time soon. Without seeding the competition loses some credibility.

Just hold the draw sometime in the year before the tournament is played, not some three years before, then you’d like to think this sort of farce would be avoided. To be fair, Wales beat two teams above them in the rankings to win their group, but what happened in the Quarter Finals suggested that it was the weakest one of the four by some distance.

Hoping that tonight’s game is more of a contest than last nights one. There is a growing confidence around this England team and they are a nation that steps up on these big occasions. I still fancy SA to win by seven though.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Hoping that tonight’s game is more of a contest than last nights one. There is a growing confidence around this England team and they are a nation that steps up on these big occasions. I still fancy SA to win by seven though.
    I wish.

Outside of 'one of those days' this is another one sided match up with a SA win by 20 plus points the most likely outcome.

Lots of positive statements from the England camp but it sounds more like they are trying to convince themselves rather than actually believe it.

Whilst England have remained unbeaten it is more by lucky of the draw than talent. On current form there is not one England player who would make that SA side and that, for me, is a measure of where the respective teams are.

Straight forward Bok win and I take them to beat NZ in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just hold the draw sometime in the year before the tournament is played, not some three years before, then you’d like to think this sort of farce would be avoided. To be fair, Wales beat two teams above them in the rankings to win their group, but what happened in the Quarter Finals suggested that it was the weakest one of the four by some distance.
    There are several things that Rugby Union does which infuriates me. Chief amongst them is the closed shops at domestic and international level which is entirely unjustified.

But of them all, the most pointless is the idiocy of the early draw, conducted three years early with zero fanfare and to what purpose?

It's so utterly stupid

These ITV commentators make it very very difficult to want to see an upset.

worst half of rugby so far ..cheers england and sarf afrika

All credit has to go to England in that first half. Most of us thought SA would steamroller them. They may well do in the 2nd half, but England have definitely rattled them.

England have definitely rattled them but hopefully we see a different Springbok side second half.

Anyone else think Sir Clive doesn't look well?
    He sounds doddery and looks drawn.

They’re going to win aren’t they.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team not show up like the Boks have tonight. Outside of the scrum in the last 10 minutes they can’t do a thing right, and persisting with the kicking game is just playing into England’s hands.

They’re going to win aren’t they.
    Yep , with their brand of suffocating rugby. I hope they do win so they meet the all blacks. I had bets worth a right few quid on South Africa.

The all blacks will see to them .

Hang on a sec...

Phew! 👏

Edit:
    Would have been nice to see a wallopping from NZ but you just never know.

Thank feck for that. Hopefully will see some Rugby played in the final now.

Well our boys didn't show up v Argentina, England are flat track but it was an undeserved win for SA

I don't care who wins the World Cup as long as it's not NZ

I had every faith the Boks would smash them lol.

A City defeat and an England win on the same day would have been too much to stomach. Phew !!

Looking from afar it might seem some Welsh rugby fans want England to lose more than they want Wales to win

It's been embarrassing on radio Wales the last few days

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I don't care who wins the World Cup as long as it's not NZ
    I could deal with England winning the rugby World Cup, it really isn't important

But England winning THE World Cup.......that would be difficult 😂

You’ve got to give England credit for rattling South Africa in a way no one could have predicted, but. I make it that they only outscored their opponents in tries in two out of six matches.

You’ve got to give England credit for rattling South Africa in a way no one could have predicted, but. I make it that they only outscored their opponents in tries in two out of six matches.
    They did more than that bob , they were within minutes of beating them

We couldn't even beat Argentina

Strangely South Africa played to England's strength in the air but they just got their act together in time.

Really dislike Lawrence Dallaglio and his one-eyed view of everything England so I wasn't surprised when he said postmatch that the referee won South Africa the game not the Boks. What a c*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Strangely South Africa played to England's strength in the air but they just got their act together in time.

Really dislike Lawrence Dallaglio and his one-eyed view of everything England so I wasn't surprised when he said postmatch that the referee won South Africa the game not the Boks. What a c*ck.
    frankly this egg chasing has gone on too long.

let's get some uninterrupted championship football!