+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Re: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

This isn't the best Australian side we've seen for a few decades

Fiji 12-8 Australia at half time

Good for Wales?

Tough to work out at this stage. No bonus points for either team would be a good outcome.

Brilliant performance by Fiji. I suppose they'd be sitting very pretty if it wasn't for last week's dodgy ref. Wales v Australia should be a cracker now.

That last ditch bonus point yesterday could end up being very important.

FT: Fiji 22 - 15 Australia

No idea what it means to the group but I think I heard them say a first win for Fiji over the Aussies in 50 years.

it's good for wales.

Wales four points in front of both Fiji and Australia. What yesterday’s game did though is show that Wales can’t afford too many injuries as they don’t have a great deal beyond their starting fifteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

No idea what it means to the group but I think I heard them say a first win for Fiji over the Aussies in 50 years.
    Actually it's first time in 69 years. Great work Fiji

Seventy years apparently or sixty nine to be more accurate according to the guy who just interviewed the Fiji coach.

Just seen that England play Japan at 8pm.

Will top off a great weekend if that goes tits up for our neighbours

Just seen that England play Japan at 8pm.

Will top off a great weekend if that goes tits up for our neighbours

Wouldn't surprise me if Georgia still have a part to play in deciding who qualifies from our group. They didn't turn up for the first 20 minutes against the Aussies, but they came into the game well after that.

They may well turn over us or Fiji to blow the group open. Had 125/1 on the Fijians pre tournament so I'm backing them all the way. Fancy a good laying opportunity come semi final time

An Australia win would have been better for Wales, as Fiji would have lost to both us and the Aussies. If we lose to the Aussies then all 3 could finish W4 L1, so bonus points will come into it. We'll probably have to put out our strongest team against Georgia if we don't beat Australia next Sunday.

Japan have handed England 10 points here. Two terrible mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Japan have handed England 10 points here. Two terrible mistakes.
    I thought Japan were pretty poor against Chile aswell , they look a shadow of the side they were

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I thought Japan were pretty poor against Chile aswell , they look a shadow of the side they were
    They're doing well here, only 4 down at half time and those points have been given up through silly mistakes

I'm sure psychobabble Wilkinson will have a reason why England are not winning by 100 points. The most sleep inducing pundit of all time.

Christ England are a lucky team...

Have they created anything at this World Cup?

This is what annoys me about Welsh rugby coverage

There was reports of 100 Welsh people all in shirts giving an impromptu, improvised , off the cuff rendition of famous Welsh rugby songs and the national anthem before the game v Portugal on Saturday, in the city centre

All filmed

It ran with the oh you only get that with Welsh rugby sycophantic nauseating nonsense , rugby is special blah blah blah , it's part of our culture etc

Well it wasn't spontaneous at all ......it was a planned event , as were the cameras ......with 100 singers from 3 Welsh choirs , all organised in advance

I enjoy rugby but you can shove all this superior fake nonsense up your arse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is what annoys me about Welsh rugby coverage

There was reports of 100 Welsh people all in shirts giving an impromptu, improvised , off the cuff rendition of famous Welsh rugby songs and the national anthem before the game v Portugal on Saturday, in the city centre

All filmed

It ran with the oh you only get that with Welsh rugby sycophantic nauseating nonsense , rugby is special blah blah blah , it's part of our culture etc

Well it wasn't spontaneous at all ......it was a planned event , as were the cameras ......with 100 singers from 3 Welsh choirs , all organised in advance

I enjoy rugby but you can shove all this superior fake nonsense up your arse
    I've been waiting for your weekly rugby/media rant. Thought it would come after this evenings Wales Today tbh.
    Flash mobs though, by their very nature, are organised events. Its the crowd that think its 'impromptu'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've been waiting for your weekly rugby/media rant. Thought it would come after this evenings Wales Today tbh.
    Flash mobs though, by their very nature, are organised events. Its the crowd that think its 'impromptu'.
    I fecking hate all the crap that puts some kind of rugby culture above football

They can shove it

The set up choir can be seen on you tube and the hundreds of comments from dopey Taffies suggests they fell for the suggestion these rugby shifted gifted singers just all happened to be in the town square at the same time

I think it's pathetic and I wish they would flatten the lot of it

If Wales get done they will soon be on the plane home and you won't see any harps , choirs or plastic leeks for dust

69 years

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Speak for yourself old fruit. I’m not anti-English.
    'Twas irony, old boy, irony.

Don't think the French coach side was too happy with how his reserves played last week. Full strength side out to face Namibia. I feel for Namibia, could be 100+

What are the chances of an England v Fiji quarter final? Now that would be interesting