+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: LATVIA 0 - 2 WALES. Match thread

Re: LATVIA v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Page needs to go.
    Absolutely dire!
    I don't necessarily disagree with you but I think we're also struggling with to fill the gaps of Allen and Bale.

Serious question, how many professional central midfielders do we have to pick from - it's not a lot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Being ever the optimist, I only see three defeats. As you've said, the Croatia game is huge, win and they could gain some momentum, lose (which is likely) and I can see the games v Armenia and Turkey going the same way.

Wales should've been more comfortable last night but their continual lapses in defence are going to cost us against teams that are not League 2 standard.

Rob Page and Alan Knill played international football in defence. The set up, the personnel and the application looks horrendous. What do they do prior to games?

At best, I see Wales finishing third. Doesn't that give them a play off spot?
    A draw with Croatia would be ok as long as we then go and beat Armenia and Turkey….I get the feeling if we beat Armenia we will have the momentum to do it….

Re: FT: LATVIA 0 - 2 WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think we had 950 official travelling fans. How many more went and got tickets through other means, is anyone's guess.
    There were a lot in the home end. My son, son-in-law and daughter among them. Not something they'd normally do but they knew there would be lots of others and a very small turnout from the Latvians.

Qualifying through the group phase still just about on after win over limited Latvians.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A draw with Croatia would be ok as long as we then go and beat Armenia and Turkey….I get the feeling if we beat Armenia we will have the momentum to do it….
    You're a glass half full type of lad, keep it going butt.

I need some of that optimism rubbed off on me. Don't get any ideas mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Qualifying through the group phase still just about on after win over limited Latvians.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Was it intentional you called Danny Ward, Gavin?

Both gave me kittens on occasion so I do get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yep finally!

We had nigh on thirty attempts on goal.
    It does make one wonder what the coaching staff are asking the team to do.

Play like that against other side in the group and we will get punished.

Still, three points was a must and we got them.

Edit:
    Ramsey interview i think I caught him saying the substitution was a precaution.
    Phew!
    Not being able to shoot accurately is probably not the fault of what is a part-time coaching set-up for professional footballers who otherwise ply their trade all season with their clubs. We just don't have enough natural finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not being able to shoot accurately is probably not the fault of what is a part-time coaching set-up for professional footballers who otherwise ply their trade all season with their clubs. We just don't have enough natural finishers.
    Just imagine paying £40 million plus, for a carpenter who couldn’t cut angles or a bricklayer who couldn’t lay bricks, “you’re getting sacked in the morning”

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Wales weren't much better.

Can't score, can't defend. Croatia next.
    Mate, are you on one of your alcohol sabbaticals? You havent stopped moaning for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    There were a lot in the home end. My son, son-in-law and daughter among them. Not something they'd normally do but they knew there would be lots of others and a very small turnout from the Latvians.
    There were two blocks of 500 along the touchline , one in the corner that brooks ran to after his late goal

1500 ?

Either way great support

Tickets were on general sale to anyone and hundreds and hundreds of Welsh fans purchased them. The Welsh FA and Latvian authorities were well aware and fans were asked to use any part of the ground apart from three blocks for hard-core Latvian supporters,

Seems like common sense prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mate, are you on one of your alcohol sabbaticals? You havent stopped moaning for about a week.

Yes. The thing about my abstinence I notice more and it makes me a right misery guts.

I'm a happy drunk.