+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's about time the XL Bully was banned.

International

It's about time the XL Bully was banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66770328

Horrible dogs they are basically adapted from pit bulls, but made bigger and more powerful who would want one of those in their house with kids?

I am in total agreement almost every death you here is XL Bully's, as close as Caerphilly we've had deaths of a young 10-year-old boy and an 83-year-old lady, that one was crossed with a massive cross cane corso.

Don't worry about DNA if it looks like a pitbull or XL Bully put it down.

https://news.sky.com/story/xl-bully-...r%22%20version.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2408992.html

Re: It's about time the XL Bully was banned.

100%

You should be put down in my opinion.

https://dogsmith.com/breedism-by-ian-dunbar/

...not the daily mail so will require a certain level of reading skills, patience and an ability to think.

It's not so much the dog as the chav scummers that own them. You don't seen a person of relative intelligence owning an XL Bully? They always seemed to be owned by feckwits that can't even wipe their own backsides unless social services are involved. As a dog owner myself (always German Shepherds) it is 99.99% never the dogs fault for an attack but the vermin that owns the said dog.

Currently, close to where I live in Caerphilly there is a chavvie with a grey one. I'm just waiting for it to bite/attack someone. After the rugby match yesterday I was leaving my local in town and happened to pass by this retard with his dog where they were waiting outside a takeway, when the dog jumped up at a several young kids a couple of times as I was passing by. Said chavvie managed to pull the dog back. As I've said though, I'm just waiting to hear about it attacking someone.....

Not even open to discussion.....common sense says yes.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You should be put down in my opinion.

https://dogsmith.com/breedism-by-ian-dunbar/

...not the daily mail so will require a certain level of reading skills, patience and an ability to think.
    Utter rubbish - Certainly, dogs can be dangerous; they frequently bite, very infrequently maim and only extremely rarely, kill people. Certainly, each death is a heart-rending tragedy. But it is nonetheless essential to maintain perspective and to consider the danger of dogs relative to other dangers.

XL Bully dogs have been killing people, do you think if the owner in Caerphilly had a chihuahua the young boy in Caerphilly would have died if it had bitten him?

It's like saying don't ban guns in the UK, teach people to use them responsibly, and get the drug gangs to go gun shooting classes on how to be a lovely citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It's not so much the dog as the chav scummers that own them. You don't seen a person of relative intelligence owning an XL Bully? They always seemed to be owned by feckwits that can't even wipe their own backsides unless social services are involved. As a dog owner myself (always German Shepherds) it is 99.99% never the dogs fault for an attack but the vermin that owns the said dog.

Currently, close to where I live in Caerphilly there is a chavvie with a grey one. I'm just waiting for it to bite/attack someone. After the rugby match yesterday I was leaving my local in town and happened to pass by this retard with his dog where they were waiting outside a takeway, when the dog jumped up at a several young kids a couple of times as I was passing by. Said chavvie managed to pull the dog back. As I've said though, I'm just waiting to hear about it attacking someone.....
    You should report it to the police immediately. The dog that killed the young lad in Penyrheol was filmed a few days before doing the exact same thing only outside shops. They take it very serious in this area.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

That happened with the dog that attacked and killed the young boy in Caerphilly, shortly after the fatal attack happened, that dog should definitely be put down it's a matter of time.

Spot on about the idiots that have them, the only way to stop them from having a dog that will kill people is to ban all dogs that can and do kill people.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You should report it to the police immediately. The dog that killed the young lad in Penyrheol was filmed a few days before doing the exact same thing only outside shops. They take it very serious in this area.
    These XL Bully aggressive dogs sometimes start by attacking and killing other dogs too, they are totally unpredictable and aggression has been bred into them.

They're evil, get rid!

Before open in this thread I was wondering which board member it would refer to.

Agreed, and if they can also ban the tracksuit wearing chavs that usually parade around with these types of dogs then that's a bonus.

Isn't there some shit leaky boat they can all be sent to.

Trouble is these dogs are constantly evolving hybrids.By the time they get to ban these dogs the breeders will bread them with 5% of something else and they won't be able to ban them.It ain't that straightforward.Properly licenced breeders and a register of owners with regular check ups for said owners.

International

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Trouble is these dogs are constantly evolving hybrids.By the time they get to ban these dogs the breeders will bread them with 5% of something else and they won't be able to ban them.It ain't that straightforward.Properly licenced breeders and a register of owners with regular check ups for said owners.
    They have to keep up with the breeders, I was thinking earlier, what is to stop a Frankenstein dog, Alsation, and Doberman mate, and mate those pups with an XL Bully Cane Corso cross! Something daft like that will happen, but they will quickly have to be banned and put down and the breeders locked up.

The latest trends it maybe a XL Bulloodle.

or a XL Bullshit (XL and Shitzu)

My phone was buried deep in my pocket and by the time I had stopped to get it out, the kids had walked away. I occasionally use that shop/post office where that killer dog was filmed biting someone prior to it killing that poor kiddie.

I have just reported it to the police.

'Whataboutism' at its finest.

100% agree they should be banned. I don’t disagree a lot of it is the owners but I don’t understand why anyone would want a dog that is capable of killing someone. Even the friendliest dog can turn and these seem more prone than most.

I think there needs to be a better idea than just banning them though as staffs, Rottweilers etc etc etc are all dangerous weapons in the wrong hands

That breed and variations should be banned to stop someone tweaking the breed to avoid a ban.

Also some form of licence and training of the owner and the dog should be mandatory for all breeds as some people are unfit to be pet owners and some dogs have been raised badly.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesBlue View Post
    'Whataboutism' at its finest.
    You don't know what that expression means.

Can we ban cars? because they kill more kids than pitbulls do.

How about banning alcohol. Drunk people kill more people than dogs do.

Basically, what I'm saying is that simple-minded people like the OP would probably ban anything or anyone that he finds don't fit in with his particular world-view. He doesn't consider more sensible measures like controlling breeders, ensuring that dog-owners are qualified to look after a dog properly (regardless of breed). Maybe certain dogs should wear muzzles when in public.

Dog ownership and breeding should be reviewed. Not only to avoid dog attacks, but also for the welfare of the animals.

Seems odd that perfectly well adjusted people are unable to adopt a rescue dog on the one hand, and on the other, total bellends are able to get their hands on dogs like these. Ban idiots from owning dogs.

Certain breeds or crossbreeds in some cases are dangerous wether an idiot is their owner or not

These need to be either put down or quickly bred out

Nothing else is going to work

It would help if these moronic owners were put down too but I have a feeling that's probably illegal

International

Basically, what I'm saying is that simple-minded people like the OP would probably ban anything or anyone that he finds don't fit in with his particular world-view. He doesn't consider more sensible measures like controlling breeders, ensuring that dog-owners are qualified to look after a dog properly (regardless of breed). Maybe certain dogs should wear muzzles when in public.

Dog ownership and breeding should be reviewed. Not only to avoid dog attacks, but also for the welfare of the animals.

Seems odd that perfectly well adjusted people are unable to adopt a rescue dog on the one hand, and on the other, total bellends are able to get their hands on dogs like these. Ban idiots from owning dogs.
    Of course, I understand all that and agree with other measures also do whatever is needed to make all dog owners more responsible and accountable, but as I've already said these more powerful aggressive pitbull spin-offs are too dangerous to take the risk with. You wouldn't allow the bellends to walk a pet tiger around because it could kill people, the same with untrained XL bully's. Kill off the breed to reduce the chance of young children and elderly people being killed in the future, these are the dogs the bellends want because they are big powerful, and bred to be aggressive and dangerous.

If they crossbreed a new dangerous dog, ban those too.

In this thread alone someone has spotted an out-of-control dangerous XL and reported it to the police, well done Mr Soul 68, you genuinely might have saved some young kid's life.

The big question for me, is that given these have a very questionable temperament, and in a split second could snap and kill, why would you possibly be want to take a chance in owning one?

No coincidence the only ones to own these dogs are the ****er chav owners.

I’m sure Caerphilly is the worst in the UK for dog attacks I’ve been told.

Ban them.