+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ollie Tanner - our greatest derby goal in many seasons

Ollie Tanner - our greatest derby goal in many seasons

I'm sure many will say Bellamy's at the Caravan Park, but here's a youngster with hardly any football league experience, having not been involved and not touched the ball, comes on as a sub, controls one perfectly, gets a yard and scores a screamer. Remarkable.

Re: Ollie Tanner - our greatest derby goal in many seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure many will say Bellamy's at the Caravan Park, but here's a youngster with hardly any football league experience, having not been involved and not touched the ball, comes on as a sub, controls one perfectly, gets a yard and scores a screamer. Remarkable.
    Well the crossfield pass from Collins was pretty cool 😎 to set him up

Every time Ive seen him play he has impressed just like Siopuls.Always felt Tanner should start - his link up play with Colwill is great to watch.

Sir Ollie Tanner now a city Legend along with Sir Arron Ramsey - free chips for life in Cardiff

So pleased for him , think our manager needs a pat on the back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well the crossfield pass from Collins was pretty cool 😎 to set him up
    He's a good player.

Always said he had a footballer in him, great to see him growing in confidence and running at people

“Who put the ball in the Swansea net ……”. Well done Ollie !!!

The stuff of dreams

My second favourite derby goal (there haven’t been too many to chose from recently….) after Bellamy sent Rangel for a hot dog. Lol

Let’s see if he can keep it going. Don’t get carried away,just because he scored a goal against a really poor Swansea team,who never looked like winning. As Welsh Derbies go, both teams contributed to a poor spectacle. Home advantage made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Let’s see if he can keep it going. Don’t get carried away,just because he scored a goal against a really poor Swansea team,who never looked like winning. As Welsh Derbies go, both teams contributed to a poor spectacle. Home advantage made the difference.
    I think most people have been impressed with him since the start of pre season so I don’t think it’s because he “scored a goal”.

He looks a different player this season.

The club need to be getting him and his agent into the office and a new long term contract signed asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    My second favourite derby goal (there haven’t been too many to chose from recently….) after Bellamy sent Rangel for a hot dog. Lol
    Some say Rangel's still looking for Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think most people have been impressed with him since the start of pre season so I don’t think it’s because he “scored a goal”.
    Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Surely Chopra's is up there too? For the timing if nothing else. One of my all time favourite City moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He looks a different player this season.

The club need to be getting him and his agent into the office and a new long term contract signed asap.
    Maybe Bulut knows exactly which buttons to press to get the best out of him
    While I’d like to see him start on Tuesday, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he came on at the start of the second half.

I think Bulut will just want him to keep his feet on the ground and not let him get ahead of himself.

Almost as if he has to keep proving himself to the manager.

With regards to his contract being extended, let’s see how he does between here and Christmas first, although I really hope he can make the grade and go on to having a very successful career with us, there’s still lots of hard work ahead

Looked a bit like Jack Grealish, the way he cut inside

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Maybe Bulut knows exactly which buttons to press to get the best out of him
    While I’d like to see him start on Tuesday, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he came on at the start of the second half.

I think Bulut will just want him to keep his feet on the ground and not let him get ahead of himself.

Almost as if he has to keep proving himself to the manager.

With regards to his contract being extended, let’s see how he does between here and Christmas first, although I really hope he can make the grade and go on to having a very successful career with us, there’s still lots of hard work ahead
    There is hard work ahead. But as with the Colwills you need your young players signed up. Cant afford to lose him for nothing in a year. Its a bit of a gamble but worth it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There is hard work ahead. But as with the Colwills you need your young players signed up. Cant afford to lose him for nothing in a year. Its a bit of a gamble but worth it I think.
    It's a no brainer. Yes there may be more work ahead but he's proved himself at this level and a new contract could only boost his confidence further.

The goal set the scene for the penalty - the defender was afraid to let him cut inside again.

He deserved a new contract and I think we will offer one. We’re better at this, this season.

I think Bellamy’s was better.

Throne’s header, a free kick from Whitts and I liked Danny Ward’s winner a few years ago.

i lost my shit when bellars went in...

tanners was sublime, and ive not used that word since whitts days... but if it was say 2-2 and tanner did that to win the game it would have been the greatest...

either way in that moment not taking it away from spray tan tanner or anyone the players the fans right in that molecule moment it was sheer bliss

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Throne’s header, a free kick from Whitts and I liked Danny Ward’s winner a few years ago.
    Aw i see what you did there........

If thats how you feel fair enough but anyone under 60 would say swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Aw i see what you did there........

If thats how you feel fair enough but anyone under 60 would say swansea.
    I was joking, but I think Bellamy’s was the better goal, it was a lovely move and a great finish.