Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    for moral it is.

It might help with “morale” as well

Re: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    for moral it is.
    And the moral of the story is?

Suspect Ramsey may be rested for this one....who would come in? Maybe he surprises us and uses Colwill to fill that role?

International

I think Rambo may not want to be rested judging by Saturday. Will the manager say no if he says he wants to start? Probably wouldn't play the full 90 (100) though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    always love this fixture as coventry are the team i supported as a school kid when you all supported man u, liverpool arsenal and so on...

coventry are no joke, they can play, not so much of a threat now hamer has left but they made some signings in the summer, we will need to be as good as the 2nd half against the jacks for sure

key men i recon to watch on the day will be sakamoto, godden and mcfadzean coming up for the corners...
    An unusual team to pick for your 2nd team. Back in the days of Willie Carr and Ernie Hunt and THAT goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1M57_pRjhk

If Ramsey cannot play, I'd start Robinson in his position. It may be unfair to Colwill but far better.

Looking forward to the game.
    I cant see Ramsey starting, he will probably go with Ralls instead I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    If Ramsey cannot play, I'd start Robinson in his position. It may be unfair to Colwill but far better.
    Would prefer Ralls over Ramsey if he can't play as well as Adams over Wintle and Robinson in for Ugbo or Grant personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I’d start Colwill with Grant one side and Robinson on the other
    Ralls for Wintle in midfield unless there are any other injuries

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    always love this fixture as coventry are the team i supported as a school kid when you all supported man u, liverpool arsenal and so on...

coventry are no joke, they can play, not so much of a threat now hamer has left but they made some signings in the summer, we will need to be as good as the 2nd half against the jacks for sure

key men i recon to watch on the day will be sakamoto, godden and mcfadzean coming up for the corners...
    opposite for me, when I was in uni, we were in the bottom division and Coventry were in the premier league, one of my mates was a Coventry fan and when we were discussing football he absolutely refused to believe I didn't have a "premier League side" as well as Cardiff.

they were relegated soon after and we worked our way up the leagues , but I take great satisfaction when we beat them in the intervening years, and of course I always now ask him who his premier League team is.

Why would Ramsey be left out? After Saturday night’s win and his part in it he’d have most probably been raring to go the next day if we had a Sunday League side We aren’t playing again until Sunday and any player who was involved against the Swans should be straining at the leash to get at Coventry tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Why would Ramsey be left out? After Saturday night’s win and his part in it he’d have most probably been raring to go the next day if we had a Sunday League side We aren’t playing again until Sunday and any player who was involved against the Swans should be straining at the leash to get at Coventry tonight.
    at the start of the season people were convinced he was only going to play 60 minutes tops per game, I think it's an extension of that

City 4 Coventry 1.
    Bet now.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I can see him not starting, he went down at the end of the game on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can see him not starting, he went down at the end of the game on Saturday
    I think that was more tiredness than injury. On the bench if we need him for 45 I reckon. Tanner on the bench too but coming on and scoring again.

3-1 city Meite double and Tanner.

Ralls and Tanner in for Ramsey & Meite

Ramsey rested, not in the squad at all

I can see why Ralls has come in as captain, but I'd rather see Colwill or Robinson play in the position Ramsey does.

Not sure about that midfield. Colwill for Ramsey surely.

Not much attacking threat in that midfield. Just give the ball to Tanner then I guess,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    An unusual team to pick for your 2nd team. Back in the days of Willie Carr and Ernie Hunt and THAT goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1M57_pRjhk
    yup seen that goal a few times...

yeah mad thing it just happened, my father left when i was 2 years old, no older brothers, so i didnt really have that inspiration as in you gotta support this or that, my grampy way back in the day played for norwich so i could have chose those lol... i was walking to school 1 morn, ccfc was spray painted on the lane wall, im in school and its all handbags with the other lads who do you support this n that, they supported man u, liverpool, arsenal and so on and i said i dunno ccfc... and 1 lad said in a sarky voice uuurrgggg coventry city and i said yeah, id seen them playing on my 14" tv lol and thought why not they were in the old top div 1 back then

YES! Great ball, great run, great header

wow i take everything back i said about goutas... wow great head

ere we go

Had all the time in the world....great delivery by Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Had all the time in the world....great delivery by Ralls.
    Nicely taken header!