+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senedd: 36 more Welsh Parliament members could cost extra £18m

Senedd: 36 more Welsh Parliament members could cost extra £18m

Re: Senedd: 36 more Welsh Parliament members could cost extra £18m

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think the Welsh assembly should be smaller , not larger

I agree with some devolved powers but not what we have now

We have shambolic MPs but we also have some utterly inept representatives down the bay

I don't want the Tories having any power here but I also think the sooner that drakeford is eating grass with the cows , the better

I thought Carwyn Jones was a decent leader but Rodri Rugby and Drakeford are completely void

I think it's a poor decision. Just trying to create more jobs for the boys. My worry is that a bunch of nutters are going to end up elected. This 20mph seems to have riled a lot of people up, I'm amazed at how many people I'm talking to who are really p*ssed about it. Couple with that an increase in senedd members and the Tory party collapsing and I think an abolish type party could really get some traction. Unfortunately the people involved tend to be absolutely nuts in most of their views.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think it's a poor decision. Just trying to create more jobs for the boys. My worry is that a bunch of nutters are going to end up elected. This 20mph seems to have riled a lot of people up, I'm amazed at how many people I'm talking to who are really p*ssed about it. Couple with that an increase in senedd members and the Tory party collapsing and I think an abolish type party could really get some traction. Unfortunately the people involved tend to be absolutely nuts in most of their views.
    The standard of political representative we have in the UK as a whole is poor and we here in Wales provide plenty of examples

Drakeford should have stepped aside a long time ago but I can't really think of any decent replacements

The Welsh tory party are hopeless and led by an angry farmer and the rest may as well not bother

I think a lot of the moaning in the past was by little Tories who had nothing better to do

But this 20 mph thing , irrespective of its good and bad effects is a right noose around the neck of drakeford and waters

I would be happy to see him walk the plank over this

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The standard of political representative we have in the UK as a whole is poor and we here in Wales provide plenty of examples

Drakeford should have stepped aside a long time ago but I can't really think of any decent replacements

The Welsh tory party are hopeless and led by an angry farmer and the rest may as well not bother

I think a lot of the moaning in the past was by little Tories who had nothing better to do

But this 20 mph thing , irrespective of its good and bad effects is a right noose around the neck of drakeford and waters

I would be happy to see him walk the plank over this
    I really don't understand why we need another level of government between national and local. I'm delighted the Senedd is Labour controlled but I didn't vote for it and find it totally unnecessary. Westminster and local councils are enough for me and of course if we can get the Tories out it will be so much better. If we were a country the size of Brazil, USA or China then I could understand a case for regional administration's, but we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I really don't understand why we need another level of government between national and local. I'm delighted the Senedd is Labour controlled but I didn't vote for it and find it totally unnecessary. Westminster and local councils are enough for me and of course if we can get the Tories out it will be so much better. If we were a country the size of Brazil, USA or China then I could understand a case for regional administration's, but we're not.
    I think a small devolved government is workable

I voted for the Welsh assembly but some of the stuff going on is cringeworthy

I am desperate to see the back of drakeford , he should know its time to quit

I think the Welsh assembly should be smaller , not larger

I agree with some devolved powers but not what we have now

We have shambolic MPs but we also have some utterly inept representatives down the bay

I don't want the Tories having any power here but I also think the sooner that drakeford is eating grass with the cows , the better

I thought Carwyn Jones was a decent leader but Rodri Rugby and Drakeford are completely void
    Welsh assembly? What decade are you in John?

Clever politics talk about soft shite politics , 20mph , more AM's , gay pride marching , make enough soft headline folk wont notice the real stuff health deaths , poor education standards , poor infrastructure effecting investment and jobs , children in care , crime , all of which comes under this Labour administration ,al of which should be fixed first , will it no , as per SNP making the tougher choices is beyond them , and they say the Tories are useless lol.

Devolution was a huge mistake , sorry Mr Blair.. up there with Gordon Browns lets use Diesel cars moment , and to think I voted for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It is well document that devolved demonstrations / Mayors are full of failed Westminster MP's or upgrade councillors or jobs worth ,they say Westminster is out of touch , what the is going on in devolved administrations if far worse, as they are in power making rash choices based on the known electorate dislike of the Tories /Englishness .. chip on the shoulder politics

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Clever politics talk about soft shite politics , 20mph , more AM's , gay pride marching , make enough soft headline folk wont notice the real stuff health deaths , poor education standards , poor infrastructure effecting investment and jobs , children in care , crime , all of which comes under this Labour administration ,al of which should be fixed first , will it no , as per SNP making the tougher choices is beyond them , and they say the Tories are useless lol.

Devolution was a huge mistake , sorry Mr Blair.. up there with Gordon Browns lets use Diesel cars moment , and to think I voted for that ?
    So did I - and feel the same way. Then there was PFI (to hide Brown's spending) , selling the gold at it lowest ever price, a fake war in Iraq (that killed a mate), Student loans, the man that banished boom and bust - just as the economy went BOOM, the loose hand on the financial regs didnt exactly help either.

Drakeford and co take it to a new level, Gething never reading the pandemic plan, 20 mph, 90 million buying Cardiff wales airport, Drakey over spending 900,000,000 this financial year.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So did I - and feel the same way. Then there was PFI (to hide Brown's spending) , selling the gold at it lowest ever price, a fake war in Iraq (that killed a mate), Student loans, the man that banished boom and bust - just as the economy went BOOM, the loose hand on the financial regs didnt exactly help either.

Drakeford and co take it to a new level, Gething never reading the pandemic plan, 20 mph, 90 million buying Cardiff wales airport, Drakey over spending 900,000,000 this financial year.
    The war in Iraq was pushed through by the Conservative Party in Westminster. Your MPs got Blair over the line as loads on Labour MPs voted against him .

I think the institution is crap

I mean God help us if the red faced farmer and all his fox hunting mates ran the show

Thank fegg that's not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is well document that devolved demonstrations / Mayors are full of failed Westminster MP's or upgrade councillors or jobs worth ,they say Westminster is out of touch , what the is going on in devolved administrations if far worse, as they are in power making rash choices based on the known electorate dislike of the Tories /Englishness .. chip on the shoulder politics
    You are aware that the nhs is in utter decay in England where your tory boys are in charge ?

Children in Care .....tick

Crime ......tick

Infrastructure.....tick

You are aware that the nhs is in utter decay in England where your tory boys are in charge ?

Children in Care .....tick

Crime ......tick

Infrastructure.....tick
    Oh good god...Have you ever worked in the NHS in either England or Wales ? - I have in both - English NHS , is so better rub than the Welsh one (unfortunately

children in care - volume or percentage ?

Infrastructure - Brynglass tunnels, no new roads.... and an airport that has about 2 planes a day

Crime - volume or percentages and what crime are you talking about ?

The Senedd are in charge of Health, Welfare and Education in Wales ( in case you had forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Oh good god...Have you ever worked in the NHS in either England or Wales ? - I have in both - English NHS , is so better rub than the Welsh one (unfortunately

children in care - volume or percentage ?

Infrastructure - Brynglass tunnels, no new roads.... and an airport that has about 2 planes a day

Crime - volume or percentages and what crime are you talking about ?

The Senedd are in charge of Health, Welfare and Education in Wales ( in case you had forgotten)
    I have plenty of English friends who complain about the roads , HS2 lies from the Tories, the nhs which has record waiting lists in England

Crime , children in care .....your mad tory mate life on mars spouted off about that , he was talking out of his arse

I know you want a tory Welsh government but the majority of us here don't

Thank god I didn't have to share an office with you , I would have locked you in the toilet you reticent tory git

I think the senedd should be expanded, and it's inevitable it will.

However, 36 is a huge jump and probably too large. I also think it should be done with a corresponding drop in the number of councils and councillors in Wales, as we are rather overpopulated with politicians here in Wales

I think expansion is overdue, the amount of laws the Senedd deals with now compared to 2000 is huge and in reality the size is extremely small compared to Scotlands 129 and even northern Ireland has 90.

I believe the Senedd will only get stronger and larger in time that will never allow things like Tryweryn to happen again.

If spending £18m means better decisions are made then that's a small price to pay, especially when Wales is owed 6 billion from HS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I think expansion is overdue, the amount of laws the Senedd deals with now compared to 2000 is huge and in reality the size is extremely small compared to Scotlands 129 and even northern Ireland has 90.

I believe the Senedd will only get stronger and larger in time that will never allow things like Tryweryn to happen again.

If spending £18m means better decisions are made then that's a small price to pay, especially when Wales is owed 6 billion from HS2.
    When you have Andrew rt Davies , Drakeford , Julie Jones , The Presiding Officer ......absolutely hopeless all of them

They look so amateurish , irrespective of the parties

Increasing the number doesn't seem a good idea and it won't go down well

Yeah on enhanced powers alone the rise in numbers is justified. Like I said, I think 36 is a huge jump, probably too large, but an increase is totally valid.

It should come with more responsibility though, including financial responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah on enhanced powers alone the rise in numbers is justified. Like I said, I think 36 is a huge jump, probably too large, but an increase is totally valid.

It should come with more responsibility though, including financial responsibility
    I think they need a few more bods to get this finished!!!.

When you have Andrew rt Davies , Drakeford , Julie Jones , The Presiding Officer ......absolutely hopeless all of them

They look so amateurish , irrespective of the parties

Increasing the number doesn't seem a good idea and it won't go down well
    I agree, a lot of them look amateurish but then it doesn't say a lot for the people voting for them, like politics around the world it's more of a popularity contest than the skills they actually hold.

Then again in Westminster there is 650 of them and the pool of the UK is so much larger to choose from and they are just as useless if not more so. Don't get me started on the house of lords.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I agree it seems like a big jump in numbers, looking at it plainly I think it's due to them knowing how unpopular it will be (and always will be) and would rather overstep the mark, powers will continue to grow and may be easier in the long run than to come back in the next election for another 10-15 for example.

Another thing is the reduction of Welsh MPs by 20% means Wales will get an even smaller say in Westminster so there may be a bigger need to bolster the Senedd incase of any more attacks on devolution.

I agree it seems like a big jump in numbers, looking at it plainly I think it's due to them knowing how unpopular it will be (and always will be) and would rather overstep the mark, powers will continue to grow and may be easier in the long run than to come back in the next election for another 10-15 for example.

Another thing is the reduction of Welsh MPs by 20% means Wales will get an even smaller say in Westminster so there may be a bigger need to bolster the Senedd incase of any more attacks on devolution.
    Boosting the senedd numbers after the Tories have cut the Westminster seats isn't going to increase democracy and power ?

I think increasing the number of representatives is crazy and will lead to even more discontent

The question you have to ask yourself is why the vote for the assembly and devolution was so tiny ?

People like me who voted for the devolution process are now firmly against increasing the number of seats

I am amazed you think increasing the number of poor politicians we have is going to improve things

Powers will continue to grow ?

What's that mean ?

Why are we owed £6bn from HS2?

Why do we need to be anywhere near Scotland

It's a bigger country with a bigger population