+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Petition at 322,207, someone has a democratic voice and its people . Think we should petition or the removal of Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Over 300000 people think it is not better for the citizens of Wales and doesn't improve the country. This is one of the biggest Senedd petitions ever. If the WAG don't take any notice of it, they do so at their peril. It is only your opinion that the new limits are a good idea and over 300000 people disagree with you. You have absolutely no evidence that it will do any good.
    We've had it on trial in Abergavenny for months, most people don't stick to the 20 limit once you get out of town anyway. Most will speed up once you get onto the Ross rd, the old Monmouth rd and the A40, thou noticeably less so then they used to. Its just calmed the traffic a little, no big deal at all really. The real t*at has been waiting years for the blackrock to be duelled only for the WAG to put average speed cameras up over the whole new stretch and slap a 50 limit on it! Absolute madness, the old three laner was quicker than it is now years later and after spunking away a few hundred million quid.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Petition at 322,207, someone has a democratic voice and its people . Think we should petition or the removal of Drakeford.
    Would certainly sew up the next WG election for Labour.

Why don't you just vote for someone else next assembly elections? You don't remove governments by petition ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Why don't you just vote for someone else next assembly elections? You don't remove governments by petition ffs.
    He always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would certainly sew up the next WG election for Labour.
    You have heard he’s going haven’t you?

whats your fecking rush . 20 is perfectly acceptable in a built up area .It's 30kph in sweden ( lower than 20mph ) and nobody is moaning and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    whats your fecking rush . 20 is perfectly acceptable in a built up area .It's 30kph in sweden ( lower than 20mph ) and nobody is moaning and crying.
    Maybe there is a rush? Maybe they are delivery drivers or late for the train? Maybe they are in a taxi or busy to get to an appointment that they can now do less of each day as a result?

Maybe they think 20 mph is sensible on a cul de sac or narrow street in a Cathays or Splott but absolutely absurd on wide, often quiet streets in the northern suburbs?

All kinds of reasons to think this is a badly thought and badly implemented policy.

In practice most people seem to be ignoring it and the Welsh Govt have just built a groundswell of general opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    How many Swedish people do you know ? My in laws are Swedish and they hate it and totally ignore it, as do most of their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    We've had it on trial in Abergavenny for months, most people don't stick to the 20 limit once you get out of town anyway. Most will speed up once you get onto the Ross rd, the old Monmouth rd and the A40, thou noticeably less so then they used to. Its just calmed the traffic a little, no big deal at all really. The real t*at has been waiting years for the blackrock to be duelled only for the WAG to put average speed cameras up over the whole new stretch and slap a 50 limit on it! Absolute madness, the old three laner was quicker than it is now years later and after spunking away a few hundred million quid.
    I regularly drive around Abergavenny and Monmouth. It is a big deal, as nobody I know likes it. People who do follow it, invariably drive at 15-17mph, not 20mph. Traffic movement around both towns is much slower.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Not sure if this hs already been posted.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...limit-27480524
    I'm not anti-Tory by any means (I voted Tory last time) but I cannot stand Andrew RT

People v Government v Democracy v Freedom To Chose v Personal Responsibility , something Labour struggles with Brexit taught us that

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Isn't it better for them not to step into the road at all though?

They don't make the trains travel at 20, because some idiots may want to cross the track before the train comes.

How about the planes are Cardiff airport, shouldn't they try and take off at twenty as if they hit someone on the runway they will be less hurt?

It's a load of bollox and abuse of power!
    As was Welsh lockdown ,wonder if they are dealing with the 50 % uplift in truancy from Schools since Covid ie putting more cash into inspectors instead of soft political decision , 20 years of useless power .

Care workers are having their visting time slots badly messed about , never mind its only the elderly

The Welsh population voted for the 20mph limit, it was in both the PC and Labour manifestos.

People v Government v Democracy v Freedom To Chose v Personal Responsibility , something Labour struggles with Brexit taught us that
    what does this even mean?

Drove over the Rhygos mountain to Tesco's Aberdare this morning and saw two stretches of road with new 20 mph speed limit signs. The fact that signs are being out up (in certain areas at least) suggests that we aren't just talking about a "default" 20 mph figure (whatever that means) here, once you reach a stage where new signs are being put up to coincide with the law change, you're talking compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Drove over the Rhygos mountain to Tesco's Aberdare this morning and saw two stretches of road with new 20 mph speed limit signs. The fact that signs are being out up (in certain areas at least) suggests that we aren't just talking about a "default" 20 mph figure (whatever that means) here, once you reach a stage where new signs are being put up to coincide with the law change, you're talking compulsion.
    I went abroad last Friday morning and returned Tuesday. Prior to last Weds i dont think I saw a sign change.

They seem to have changed everywhere in the parts of Aberdare Ive driven in since returning.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Maybe there is a rush? Maybe they are delivery drivers or late for the train? Maybe they are in a taxi or busy to get to an appointment that they can now do less of each day as a result?

Maybe they think 20 mph is sensible on a cul de sac or narrow street in a Cathays or Splott but absolutely absurd on wide, often quiet streets in the northern suburbs?

All kinds of reasons to think this is a badly thought and badly implemented policy.

In practice most people seem to be ignoring it and the Welsh Govt have just built a groundswell of general opposition.
    Being in a rush as a driver going to work or delivering is no excuse for speeding whether it be 30 , 40 50 or whatever.

Probably a lot of these tailgating w#####s are in a rush.

If your late James just stick to limits whatever they are before you have an accident.

Could this sort of scheme be coming to Cardiff next?
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...90a4e7682&ei=9

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Being in a rush as a driver going to work or delivering is no excuse for speeding whether it be 30 , 40 50 or whatever.

If your late James just stick to limits whatever they are before you have an accident.
    I for one intend on leaving it a bit later before rushing to the next city game and doing 120mph down the concrete road
    Because that will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Could this sort of scheme be coming to Cardiff next?
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...90a4e7682&ei=9
    no?

I was explaining one of several reasons why people would be pissed off with the change. Not saying it's an excuse to speed

I take it you have never broken the speed limit then have you bra ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm not anti-Tory by any means (I voted Tory last time) but I cannot stand Andrew RT
    Have you ever met the man ?

I did once - doing some work for a company assigned to Welsh Gov and I have to say - he was great, very funny, wanted to know what we did - how he could help. The company was in the food / drinks market and he had a quick half with us at the end of the session.

I'd happily have a couple of pints with him socially, something you couldn't do with Mark Drakeford (he doesnt drink) and apparently doesnt drive either - ironic given his 20mph law