+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't know if this is directly related to the reduced speed limit, but there is now a lot more queuing traffic in Cathays and Roath then there was a few months ago. It's really noticeable.
    a few months ago when the students were all back for the summer?

Anyone still bothered about this seriously needs to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    a few months ago when the students were all back for the summer?
    No, before then. Obviously it's quieter in the summer. I walk to and from work, but it seems like there are suddenly a lot more cars on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think you're right. The number of people paying any attention to it on the road is negligible.

There are a few issues, though. It seems impossible to do 40 or 50 on roads with those speed limits. There's always someone happy to do 30/35. 20mph doesn't mean 15mph. That is REALLY annoying.

I still get annoyed at the overall inconsistency of our speed limits.

Your opinion. Not one shared by many people in Wales though, except possibly old ‘stick his head in the sand and hope it goes away’ Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Your opinion. Not one shared by many people in Wales though, except possibly old ‘stick his head in the sand and hope it goes away’ Drakeford.
    It seems that hardly anyone is driving around at 20 on the bigger-clearer roads, most people are definitely below 30 though, so anywhere between 23-28mph, which is good news really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It seems that hardly anyone is driving around at 20 on the bigger-clearer roads, most people are definitely below 30 though, so anywhere between 23-28mph, which is good news really.
    That's the impression I get as well and I’m doing the same - when I’m trying to stick to the 20 mph limit, I’m always doing about 25 when I look at the speedometer after a minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the impression I get as well and I’m doing the same - when I’m trying to stick to the 20 mph limit, I’m always doing about 25 when I look at the speedometer after a minute or so.
    Yup, and i'd say that is what this is all about. The Welsh Government just wanted people to slow down. When it was 30mph there would be people going 35, and a small percentage going 40 or more. This over engineered 20mph speed limit will stop those people over time. One thing i do think is that 30 is too fast, 20 is difficult on long straight runs, 25 is about right, and in my opinion that's a win.

Yup, and i'd say that is what this is all about. The Welsh Government just wanted people to slow down. When it was 30mph there would be people going 35, and a small percentage going 40 or more. This over engineered 20mph speed limit will stop those people over time. One thing i do think is that 30 is too fast, 20 is difficult on long straight runs, 25 is about right, and in my opinion that's a win.
    Well said, I think this was the plan all round and makes a lot of sense. If it can emasculate the boy racers it will be a profound success.

How can 30 be too fast after all this time? It’s been 30 ,for years and years. Long before Drakeford went on his almighty ego trip. It was 30 for a reason, so how come it’s not acceptable any more. ? The rest of this country think that the Welsh Govt are a laughing stock, including all the important people up in Westminster. If it was the way to go, the other countries ,which make up this wonderful nation of ours, would have been doing it long before we put it into operation. It’s a big mistake. We will find that out in the next major election.

International

Drippy wants people to drive at 25 so he makes the speed 20 and that means you can be fined and have points on your licence for breaking the speed limit

What nonsense, what about the five-mile rule, did he want people to only drive to Swansea instead of Wrexham while breaking the rules and facing fines

Stop tying to make excuses for the stupidity of this cash wasting idiotic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    How can 30 be too fast after all this time? It’s been 30 ,for years and years. Long before Drakeford went on his almighty ego trip. It was 30 for a reason, so how come it’s not acceptable any more. ? The rest of this country think that the Welsh Govt are a laughing stock, including all the important people up in Westminster. If it was the way to go, the other countries ,which make up this wonderful nation of ours, would have been doing it long before we put it into operation. It’s a big mistake. We will find that out in the next major election.
    The problem with the WAG is that they think they have power , but it’s just a token gesture by Westminster. Could you imagine if Labour had free rein on all policy decisions.
    WAG is the equivalent of the Vichy in France during WW2

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Drippy wants people to drive at 25 so he makes the speed 20 and that means you can be fined and have points on your licence for breaking the speed limit

What nonsense, what about the five-mile rule, did he want people to only drive to Swansea instead of Wrexham while breaking the rules and facing fines

Stop tying to make excuses for the stupidity of this cash wasting idiotic idea.
    Does everyone drive at 70 on the motorway?

Yesterday I drove up to Treorchy from Ponty. The whole route makes a total mockery of the whole 20mph thing.

Leave Ponty and go through Hopkinstown, a main road in a busy urban area. The road is 30mph, then 40mph through Trehafod. Once through Porth, the road is still 30mph through Dinas, rising to 40mph, then 60mph. I carried on and turned left before the Ivor Hael and went in on the back road through Pentre. Pentre was the only time I met a 20mph road until I got to the junction for Treorchy/Cwmparc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yesterday I drove up to Treorchy from Ponty. The whole route makes a total mockery of the whole 20mph thing.

Leave Ponty and go through Hopkinstown, a main road in a busy urban area. The road is 30mph, then 40mph through Trehafod. Once through Porth, the road is still 30mph through Dinas, rising to 40mph, then 60mph. I carried on and turned left before the Ivor Hael and went in on the back road through Pentre. Pentre was the only time I met a 20mph road until I got to the junction for Treorchy/Cwmparc.
    so your complaint is you think more of it should be 20?

so your complaint is you think more of it should be 20?
    Of course not. If RCT council are arguing that main arterial routes still need to be at 30mph to keep traffic flowing, why aren't they adopting this across the area, which they are not, and why aren't other councils doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Well said, I think this was the plan all round and makes a lot of sense. If it can emasculate the boy racers it will be a profound success.
    Can't stand those boy racers doing 27 down the four lane Caerphilly Road. Absolute animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Where to start. Do you know it was a Tory who first proposed this in WG? Important people at Westminster? You must mean Tory ministers. They are doing a wonderful job aren’t they? They aren’t a laughing stock which the whole World realises? Other areas doing it? English councils throughout the country of every political colour. You also think Wales will go Tory because of a speed limit? (Plaid support it so your only logical conclusion is it will benefit Tories). Not a chance in hell.

International

Where to start. Do you know it was a Tory who first proposed this in WG? Important people at Westminster? You must mean Tory ministers. They are doing a wonderful job aren’t they? They aren’t a laughing stock which the whole World realises? Other areas doing it? English councils throughout the country of every political colour. You also think Wales will go Tory because of a speed limit? (Plaid support it so your only logical conclusion is it will benefit Tories). Not a chance in hell.

Deflection attempt - It's a Drippy project for the sake of it, money is being wasted that could have been used for Services.

You know it's a stupid waste of money and have given up defending, now trying to deflect.

If you don't think this will cost Drippy votes you are living in cloud cuckoo land, it's where they go and what impact it can have.

I think you need to take your head out if the sand and have a look around. This isn't just about the speed limits, it is about the way Welsh Labour have been ruining the Country for the last 25 years and are now dictating to its population and telling them what is the best way to run their lives. You are a classic example of someone who would vote for a bag of s**t if it had a red flag on it.

Quite funny really the posters who were telling us that 20mph was absolutely the right thing, that it wasn't a problem to drop your speed by 10 mph and that the 10mph would save many lives and injuries, now saying "I meant 25mph, yeah 25mph is the right speed" 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Quite funny really the posters who were telling us that 20mph was absolutely the right thing, that it wasn't a problem to drop your speed by 10 mph and that the 10mph would save many lives and injuries, now saying "I meant 25mph, yeah 25mph is the right speed" ��
    the guys telling us that the 20 mph limits are ruining their life in every conceivable way whilst at the same time saying that everyone is ignoring the speed limits anyway are the true comedians here

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...n-new-27933160

Drippy's popularity drops, no shit!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think you need to take your head out if the sand and have a look around. This isn't just about the speed limits, it is about the way Welsh Labour have been ruining the Country for the last 25 years and are now dictating to its population and telling them what is the best way to run their lives. You are a classic example of someone who would vote for a bag of s**t if it had a red flag on it.
    Substitute red for blue and you could be talking about yourself in that last sentence.

I don't like this new speed limit and I'm not persuaded yet that it is needed, but I'm not calling for a change of Government at the Assembly because of it - like a few others on here. you make it sound as if your objections to it are on purely party political grounds.

International

the guys telling us that the 20 mph limits are ruining their life in every conceivable way whilst at the same time saying that everyone is ignoring the speed limits anyway are the true comedians here
    It's not completely ignored in North Cardiff, plenty of dodderers clogging up the roads, although they are now getting tailgated overtaken, and beeped so will hopefully get with the program eventually. People who aren't local can't understand why these people are still doing it as it doesn't affect every area.

The issue is as a trial area the speeds have already been reduced, and new areas will benefit with councils scared to reduce, but they have been reduced like in Cardiff North, there will be no chance of getting them changed, so we will end up with some people affected and others getting away with normal speed limits (good for them I'm glad they are not affected).

I was in Newport and Cwmbran yesterday, where thankfully it was largely ignored, but what will happen when people start getting the points and fines, I think it will kick off more in the next twelve months.