+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    On that basis, we're ****ed then, with everything. Lets not regulate because there will always be people who will ignore those regulations.
    I hear there were some murders last year, so clearly making murder illegal isn't working, time for the purge

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sad news but affects 2,000 families, the speed change affects maybe three million motorists.
    and 3 million pedestrians

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    and 3 million pedestrians
    And motorists are Pedestrians as well. Seems like a win win to me

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the £32 million on road signs is estimated to save 90odd million in NHS expenditure
    And there is no way anyone will ever be able to prove that is hasn't. After a year the Gov can put out whatever figure it wants, it will only be an opinion. And £90million over what period?
    Its all about what if. Maybe road deaths will fall anyway, but what if the go up? will the Gov say it was because of the speed limit change I doubt they would ever admit it) or put out some other reason?
    It will be like the drastic fall in tourist revenue it will be because of some other factor(s) never ever as a result of any new rules or regulations the Gov bring in.
    The don't have the balls to admit they're wrong. Drakeford has already said about the petition that he has no intention of taking any notice of it, so where is the democrcy in that? When asked he gave a 1 word answer "No"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Drakeford has already said about the petition that he has no intention of taking any notice of it, so where is the democrcy in that? When asked he gave a 1 word answer "No"
    Didn’t Welsh Labour have the speed limit reduction in their last manifesto?

Didn’t Labour form a WAG administration on the back of that election?

Isn’t Drakeford and his party implementing the policy on which they were elected?

Where’s the democracy in that?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Didn’t Welsh Labour have the speed limit reduction in their last manifesto?

Didn’t Labour form a WAG administration on the back of that election?

Isn’t Drakeford and his party implementing the policy on which they were elected?

Where’s the democracy in that?
    Are you assuming that every voter reads every single word of every manifesto?

International

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    She has explained the figures and it's correct. You really are an argumentative person though, totally uncalled for too.
    I didn't argue, I just asked why Sunak, Barclay, and Hunt don't do it?

Does your wife know more than them?

It's a question, not an argument.

Logically it doesn't sound right, Giving stuff away free is cheaper than charging for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No, but given the hoo-ha that it’s created the political media, who should be going through the manifestos of all parties picking out and highlighting items that could be pertinent, failed miserably to inform the electorate. The sitting Labour Party in the Senedd are within their rights to say that they haven’t just thought this up in the last fortnight (as I’m sure some seem to think), it’s been there in black & white pre the last elections.

No - of course not.

But neither do I agree that an online petition with a lot of signatures, but far fewer than take part in the WAG election, should have more weight for elected politicians than the mandate of their wider electorate.

I don’t live in Wales so I’m not going to get into the argument about the pros and cons - but whilst the petition is significant it shouldn’t be seen as the only indicator of public opinion.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No, but given the hoo-ha that it’s created the political media, who should be going through the manifestos of all parties picking out and highlighting items that could be pertinent, failed miserably to inform the electorate. The sitting Labour Party in the Senedd are within their rights to say that they haven’t just thought this up in the last fortnight (as I’m sure some seem to think), it’s been there in black & white pre the last elections.
    They tried it, everyone hated it, they knew that and went ahead anyway, stupidity and will cost them votes and will hasten Drakefords leaving, hopefully at least we will get that out of it

They will back pedal too and allow councils to stick and turn some back, it is just a idiotic thing to do and waste of public money that was needed for vital services.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    She has explained the figures and it's correct. You really are an argumentative person though, totally uncalled for too.
    https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...es-in-england/

This seems logical, give it to kids old people, ill people, but not to me, I can afford it?

This seems logical too

https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-even...ption-charges/

Anyway there may be some logic to this, 20mph is nonsense though, as was no travel five miles to go to a beach, as is triple council tax and ruining the tourist industry.

They tried it, everyone hated it, they knew that and went ahead anyway, stupidity and will cost them votes and will hasten Drakefords leaving, hopefully at least we will get that out of it

They will back pedal too and allow councils to stick and turn some back, it is just a idiotic thing to do and waste of public money that was needed for vital services.
    Why do you say ‘everyone hated it’? That’s a hell of a sweeping assumption.

International

Why do you say ‘everyone hated it’? That’s a hell of a sweeping assumption.
    Cardiff playing well

Cardiff playing well

Under the cosh a bit but some decent breaks unfortunately coming to nothing, we’re still well in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No - of course not.

But neither do I agree that an online petition with a lot of signatures, but far fewer than take part in the WAG election, should have more weight for elected politicians than the mandate of their wider electorate.

I don’t live in Wales so I’m not going to get into the argument about the pros and cons - but whilst the petition is significant it shouldn’t be seen as the only indicator of public opinion.
    A decent democratic government would have put those at the forefront of thier election as well as the increase on minsters all of which will cost Welsh takepayers millions at a time we need better health care , housing ,policing ? Not some policy or project that is built on definate evidence it will deliver 33 million plus.

A number of socalist minded local authority Chief Executives will tell you in private that WAG and Drakeford and not good for Wales. Its thier policy and no one else's. So democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And there is no way anyone will ever be able to prove that is hasn't. After a year the Gov can put out whatever figure it wants, it will only be an opinion. And £90million over what period?
    Its all about what if. Maybe road deaths will fall anyway, but what if the go up? will the Gov say it was because of the speed limit change I doubt they would ever admit it) or put out some other reason?
    It will be like the drastic fall in tourist revenue it will be because of some other factor(s) never ever as a result of any new rules or regulations the Gov bring in.
    The don't have the balls to admit they're wrong. Drakeford has already said about the petition that he has no intention of taking any notice of it, so where is the democrcy in that? When asked he gave a 1 word answer "No"
    drastic fall in tourist revenue lmao

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    drastic fall in tourist revenue lmao
    you wouldn't laugh if you were one who relies on tourism for his/her living

Hasn't almost everywhere in the developed world introduced similar limits in city centres ?

https://www.europeandatajournalism.e...-h-regrets-it/

..which is actually 18mph or there abouts.

**** me, there are some whingers about.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Hasn't almost everywhere in the developed world introduced similar limits in city centres ?

The ones moaning on this thread are busy individuals it seems. They can post all day on here and still get a days work in. I can see how this speed limit could be affecting their busy lives.

International

Under the cosh a bit but some decent breaks unfortunately coming to nothing, we’re still well in this game.
    Get in What a win, Alnwick was brilliant !!!!

Well done Erol and all the team, another clean sheet class!!!!!

The ones moaning on this thread are busy individuals it seems. They can post all day on here and still get a days work in. I can see how this speed limit could be affecting their busy lives.
    I'm more worried about the other 400 thousand odd clowns. Paints a backward image of society in Wales. Same thing witht the Covid measures and brexit. As you say though, too many people with too much time on their hands and not much going on upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Are you whinging about whingers?

International

Busy people can post on here, do work and come back, if you want a job done give it to a busy person, they can fit more in.

They don't like being slowed down though just for the sake of it at a whim.

Yeah we definitely don't want to encourage people to post on this message board.

It is confusing having a party who deliver on manifesto pledges. At least we all know where we stand with continuous U-turns based on whichever direction the wind is blowing .