+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If the person bounces off the car at 30 then they'll hit the road with greater force, than if they got hit by a car going 20. A couple of broken legs won't kill you, but smacking your head on some tarmac at 30 will.
    This.
    One of the things that did stick with me from a speed awareness course was that it's not just the impact you hit someone that hurts them, it's the height you send them to and how much they flip to come down on either their leg or head.

More people aren't getting squashed at 20mph that's one of the most daftest posts i've read on here

In terms of the gov "rowing back", I'm pretty sure that this was always the plan. Blanket 20 then councils have more power to individually change certain roads. That seems sensible

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    This.
    One of the things that did stick with me from a speed awareness course was that it's not just the impact you hit someone that hurts them, it's the height you send them to and how much they flip to come down on either their leg or head.

More people aren't getting squashed at 20mph that's one of the most daftest posts i've read on here

In terms of the gov "rowing back", I'm pretty sure that this was always the plan. Blanket 20 then councils have more power to individually change certain roads. That seems sensible
    Wait until people have points mounting up and fines, then people will really start to kick off