+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    pretty much all cars can manage to do 20mph in 3rd or 4th gear though, no need to drop to 2nd
    you've missed the point. and your comment about physics is a little wide of the mark. In a text book you are correct, but we don't live in a world of constant acceleration rates and constant velocities. We live in a world where speeding up and slowing down burns considerably more fuel that travelling at a constant speed.

have you read the actual petition?
    I was commenting on the spraff that you write, which is generally poorly thought on nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    But why not the argument is simply that fewer people die in accidents at 20mph.

It makes no sense to change road speeds for that reason, yet they've just done it?

If they get away with this it will be let's think of the next stupidest thing we can and implement it, we can do what we want.
    You need to relax , deep breaths and have a long lie down in a dark room as you are posting utter shite now.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    you've missed the point. and your comment about physics is a little wide of the mark. In a text book you are correct, but we don't live in a world of constant acceleration rates and constant velocities. We live in a world where speeding up and slowing down burns considerably more fuel that travelling at a constant speed.
    ok, well you also do more speeding up and slowing down at 30 than you do at 20

I was commenting on the spraff that you write, which is generally poorly thought on nonsense.
    righto, feel free to put me on ignore

I'll do 20 in 4th on the way home later if you like
    that'll be a really efficient use of the engine.

righto, feel free to put me on ignore
    Why would I do that? I enjoy reading your posts, its good comedy reading on a dull day like today.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Your lyrics are a crock of shit.

This is better.

And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes into us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die
    can you please refrain from posting lyrics from that utter fascist pr1ck

International

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You need to relax , deep breaths and have a long lie down in a dark room as you are posting utter shite now.
    That's why they did it?

Slow Wales down because more damage is done at more than 20mph, exactly its a flawed argument.

International

Why would I do that? I enjoy reading your posts, its good comedy reading on a dull day like today.

ok, well you also do more speeding up and slowing down at 30 than you do at 20
    Think of the very cautious drivers at junctions and how not being able to go above 20mph will impact there ability to keep the traffic flowing.

International

Think of the very cautious drivers at junctions and how not being able to go above 20mph will impact there ability to keep the traffic flowing.
    People will get hit crossing the roads as well assuming they'll have plenty of time and miss judge because 80% won't be obeying the limit most of the time, it's just added another layer of confusion and frustration to the roads.

surely it'll be a slower motion version of 30. So the cautious drivers should love that

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    surely it'll be a slower motion version of 30. So the cautious drivers should love that
    knowing you cannot exceed 20mph means you can't accelerate as fast as you did previously. This adds to the time taken for the cautious drivers as the gap between cars that they require will become even larger.

RJK conveniently ignored by earlier comment. Being hit by bus or lorry at 20mph and you're dead. Are we slowing these vehicles down to 5 mph or is the safety aspect just a smokescreeen?

knowing you cannot exceed 20mph means you can't accelerate as fast as you did previously. This adds to the time taken for the cautious drivers as the gap between cars that they require will become even larger.

RJK conveniently ignored by earlier comment. Being hit by bus or lorry at 20mph and you're dead. Are we slowing these vehicles down to 5 mph or is the safety aspect just a smokescreeen?
    I ignored it because it was moronic.

Yes, slower oncoming traffic means its better for pulling out of junctions and traffic flow. As Gabalfa roundabout is when knobheads aren't flying around there at 30+.

That petition isn't worth a wank anymore as you got people who pissed at Covid lockdowns 2 years signing just to "get one over" on Drakeford.

Seeing some people lose their collective minds over a 10mph reduction in certain areas has been hilarious. If it angers the absolute melts then I hope it stays around.

That makes no sense at all. You couldn't previously exceed 30mph, it's the same thing, except slower.

Car coming out of junction onto 30mph traffic knows he/she can't go over 30mph pulling out, but has 30mph cars going each way.

Car coming out of junction onto 20mph traffic knows he/she can't go over 20mph pulling out, but has 20mph cars going each way. So it's easier. They're going slower. Cautious drivers will love this.

The people who won't love it will be the people who rev the shit out of their cars to zip out of a junction really quickly over 30 will be caught short. But it'll mean those people shunt into the back of queuing traffic less. Another benefit.

1 or 2 minutes added to journeys
    So this morning on Cathedral road - I was sat in traffic for 20 mins - due to the new bus lane issues. Sat in a vehicle wit my engine running - like everyone else - dont you think that the resulting traffic jams will result in more air pollution ?

ps - what is the total cost the the economy of delayed journey times ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So this morning on Cathedral road - I was sat in traffic for 20 mins - due to the new bus lane issues. Sat in a vehicle wit my engine running - like everyone else - dont you think that the resulting traffic jams will result in more air pollution ?

ps - what is the total cost the the economy of delayed journey times ?
    why would 20mph speed limits make more traffic jams, or more cars on the road?

That makes no sense at all. You couldn't previously exceed 30mph, it's the same thing, except slower.

Car coming out of junction onto 30mph traffic knows he/she can't go over 30mph pulling out, but has 30mph cars going each way.

Car coming out of junction onto 20mph traffic knows he/she can't go over 20mph pulling out, but has 20mph cars going each way. So it's easier. They're going slower. Cautious drivers will love this.

The people who won't love it will be the people who rev the shit out of their cars to zip out of a junction really quickly over 30 will be caught short. But it'll mean those people shunt into the back of queuing traffic less. Another benefit.
    of course it makes sense you're just not thinking clearly.

in a flow of traffic at 30mph the gaps between cars will be greater than if they are travelling at 20mph. All the dithering idiots waiting at junctions to join the flow of traffic, the gaps between cars are now going to be smaller, meaning they are less likely to join the traffic in an expeditious manner. Instead they'll wait for longer waiting for a gap that they feel comfortable joining.

why would 20mph speed limits make more traffic jams, or more cars on the road?
    density wave theory, look it up. its what causes bunching on motorways.

density wave theory, look it up. its what causes bunching on motorways.
    and is that more prevalent at higher or lower speeds....

International

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Yes, slower oncoming traffic means its better for pulling out of junctions and traffic flow. As Gabalfa roundabout is when knobheads aren't flying around there at 30+.
    Some still will be some won't the difference between the fast and slow will be greater making it harder to judge and more crashes at junctions.