+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

International

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The chance of someone being killed being hit by a car driving 30mph is significantly higher than at 20mph. It's as simple as that. If it slows people's days down a bit even to prevent 1 death, it is worth the reduction in speed limits.

Annoying and irritating behind the wheel, absolutely. Ultimately a minor inconvenience to make roads safer ? Also absolutely.
    So you want motorways to drop to 20?

There is significantly more chance of people dying in accidents at 70mph than thirty?

How about dropping the alcohol in beer from 4% to 1%, so fewer people get pissed and die in accidents?

It's all made-up nonsense to show they can do what they like and some people will believe whatever they say.

Unbelievably they are correct some people do.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    So you want motorways to drop to 20?

There is significantly more chance of people dying in accidents at 70mph than thirty?

How about dropping the alcohol in beer from 4% to 1%, so fewer people get pissed and die in accidents?

It's all made-up nonsense to show they can do what they like and some thickos will believe whatever they say.
    There are no Pedestrians on motorways. So they are not going to get hit are they?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    all the other places that have introduced this sensible measure - are they all diktats by power mad megalomaniacs as well?
    You spelt dickheads wrong, and yes they are.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There are no Pedestrians on motorways. So they are not going to get hit are they?
    You've never seen an accident resulting in death on the motorway when two cars hit each other traveling three and a half times faster than 20mph have you?

I've seen probably fifty serious accidents that would have resulted in death on the motorway, none in a 30mph zone.

It's nothing to do with saving the most lives from driving incidents otherwise motorways would have been a priority. If he gets away with this guess what comes next????????

You've never seen an accident resulting in death on the motorway when two cars hit each other traveling three and a half times faster than 20mph have you?

I've seen probably fifty serious accidents that would have resulted in death on the motorway, none in a 30mph zone.
    You were replying to a post about someone being hit by a car then went in to your usual why not make motorways 20 rant again.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Then get out on the streets, get organised and make your voice heard. Protest! You wont do anything, because the reality is that it isn't that inconvenient for you, it doesn't make that much difference to your life or anyone elses for that matter, except maybe those involved in a collision with a vehicle.

You have every right to be angry or disagree with the policy, but you and the rest will just sit on a football messageboard moaning and groaning. It's really funny watching the old Tories melting down. Keep up the good work
    Nothing to do with politics, there are plenty of Labour voters on here not happy about this waste of money, Sludge and Eric as as red as they come, but are honest and not afraid to criticise stupid policies that waste money for no real reason other than gimmicky shows of power.

I think it comes down more to busy people who drive a lot of miles and people who don't, but even then why try and justify a waste of public money on a whim?

International

You were replying to a post about someone being hit by a car then went in to your usual why not make motorways 20 rant again.
    I was replying to a daft response about less people dying being hit at 20 mph than 30mph, and correctly responded getting hit at 70 is worse whether your in a car driving or getting out to fix a puncture.

So by that logic 70mph is more dangerous and should be a priority, but everyone defending is trying to duck that because it doesn't fit the narrative and they know what I'm saying is right, and there is no logical real answer.

They are just trying to defend it for political point scoring, I'm not and if Andrew RT or Sunak, or any independent, or any other party had made the policy I would say he's an idiot who should be forced to resign and the speed limit changed back.

It's nothing to do with saving the most lives from driving incidents otherwise motorways would have been a priority. If he gets away with this guess what comes next????????
    in 2022 there were 58 people killed or seriously injured on motorways with 70mph speed limits in Wales, and on 30mph roads there were 421 people killed or seriously injured

Christ you are dense.

International

I drove from Birchgrove up to Cefn onn park. Caerphilly road is 20 mph, as is a section of Thornhill rd, which goes up to 30 just before the crematorium. The road through Thornhill,past Sainsbury's and on to the park was 20. I reckon that it put 2 minutes on my journey time.
    More than that and for no valid reason, why not 5mph it would be safer again? Why if you want a safer world why not 5mph it's definitely safer?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in 2022 there were 58 people killed or seriously injured on motorways with 70mph speed limits in Wales, and on 30mph roads there were 421 people killed or seriously injured
    I doubt that's true, and even if so how many miles of 70mph motorway are there and how many are there of 30mph?

How many people died on each not had an accident, you're trying to change the narrative.

How many on 70mph roads not only motorways?

You've probably thrown in the A roads and stuff with the 30mph roads.

If not you are trying to say it's safer to be hit at 70mph that 30mph.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ you are dense.
    Yep no answer, you're a dope if you believe nonsense.

I doubt that's true, and even if so how many miles of 70mph motorway are there and how many are there of 30mph?

How many people died on each not had an accident, you're trying to change the narrative.

Screenshot_2023-09-19-23-47-25-099_com.mi.globalbrowser-edit.jpg

But that wasn't the point of the post outlining the difference between 30 and 20mph, bringing 70mph into the equation is an arbitrary point as nowhere in this country (to my knowledge) can you drive 70mph on a residential road. It's restricted to areas specifically designed for cars to go faster, if anything, these roads should be faster, as there aren't any pedestrians.

It's not hard to wrap your head around. Being hit at 30 is more dangerous than 20 to a pedestrian or cyclist.

More than that and for no valid reason, why not 5mph it would be safer again? Why if you want a safer world why not 5mph it's definitely safer?
    Because it's about balance? It's such a poor argument that I've seen others make as well.

And then in your other posts you accuse people of trying to change the narrative, when that's exactly what you've done several times.

If it's not political, why have you brought up other, completely unrelated, policy issues you don't agree with as part of your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No idea. We live in Wales and the UK, so only interested in those areas. 426000 people disagree with you. 2700 agree with you.
    Two million+ people haven’t signed any petition because it most probably doesn't bother them too much because they’ve got a lot of other things that are more important to them going on in their life.

Amazingly one pedestrian was killed on a motorway in Wales in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But how fast was he going

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But how fast was he going
    I've been thinking of you and this speed limit. What with you being self employed and that. You must have lost a fair few quid already, probably not worth you going out to work and that, unless you leave an hour early and an hour later. Keep us informed splotty, we can always have a whip round for you mate.Christmas won't be long.

I've been thinking of you and this speed limit. What with you being self employed and that. You must have lost a fair few quid already, probably not worth you going out to work and that, unless you leave an hour early and an hour later. Keep us informed splotty, we can always have a whip round for you mate.Christmas won't be long.
    I’ve cut down the days now, I leave on Sunday for a Wednesday start, finish about one on Thursday, get home around about Saturday dinner time.....mind you this is for a job near Victoria Park, any further away, say, Fairwater or Ely and board & lodge would obviously kick in. I’m actually driving to work at the moment, just hit The Royal Oak after driving all last night & today, that bloody WAG won’t capture me. Thanks for your sincere concern

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve cut down the days now, I leave on Sunday for a Wednesday start, finish about one on Thursday, get home around about Saturday dinner time.....mind you this is for a job near Victoria Park, any further away, say, Fairwater or Ely and board & lodge would obviously kick in. I’m actually driving to work at the moment, just hit The Royal Oak after driving all last night & today, that bloody WAG won’t capture me. Thanks for your sincere concern
    Digs in Fairwater

I'd stick with the 20 if Drippy retired instead, but signed again.
    In other words you signed at least twice,Multiple email address's make a mockery of on line polls/petitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How many wildlife and domestic animals though.1000s.A small thing but a life saved.A squrriel was crossing the road,the woman in front of me was doing 20.At 30 it would have been killed.Any other true story.

Digs in Fairwater
    Just by Summers Funeral Home now, the white washed walls. All closed up, no custom now the roads are safer

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    How many wildlife and domestic animals though.1000s.A small thing but a life saved.A squrriel was crossing the road,the woman in front of me was doing 20.At 30 it would have been killed.Any other true story.
    Bet he went nuts though.