+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Isn't it weird how Welsh postcodes had massive peak in searches on Google around the time this petition was made

Untitled.jpg

See for yourselves https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...codes&hl=en-GB

100 doesn't mean 100 searches, 100 = peak search rate compared to the rest of the year.

Scroll down to see which area of the world did these searches. Hilarious.
    Have we any Data on The Dordogne region of France?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Have we any Data on The Dordogne region of France?
    No, but I believe it is hosting the 2024 World "Flicking a ruler on the edge of a desk" championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I'm sorry JW but i'm not buying that just because someone is late for a work type thing they get to drive at speed. Police, Fire, Ambulance etc being the exception.
    Someone needing an emergency fish and chips can feck off
    Yeah you are missing my point.

My point is that someone driving at 25 or 30 or 32 on wide, often quiet streets is not speeding. That's normal. Or should be.

Driving at 20, 18, 16mph is abnormal is such circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah you are missing my point.

My point is that someone driving at 25 or 30 or 32 on wide, often quiet streets is not speeding. That's normal. Or should be.

Driving at 20, 18, 16mph is abnormal is such circumstances
    so you don't like change, got it

I imagine reporters with microphones and cameras chasing round andrewRTdavies through the streets as he dives in the chippy to escape and to scoff some pies

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I imagine reporters with microphones and cameras chasing round andrewRTdavies through the streets as he dives in the chippy to escape and to scoff some pies
    I think you imagine lots of things Sludge

370,000 now...

370,000 now...
    It’s all the bloody English voting though init? Bloody Tories from over the bridge……..

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Yes a load of guff….��

I don't disagree with the idea of 20 mph limits, especially around schools, hospitals, care homes and built up residential areas. My issue is the way it's been implemented and the absolute confusion that's ensued. Pi$$ poor communication doesn't begin to describe it!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I don't disagree with the idea of 20 mph limits, especially around schools, hospitals, care homes and built up residential areas. My issue is the way it's been implemented and the absolute confusion that's ensued. Pi$$ poor communication doesn't begin to describe it!
    Doesn't help when the opposition party keep describing it as a "blanket change"

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Very true, all about sound bites and point scoring rather than actually tackling the issue. Also not impressed by my MS's social media post accusing the tories of being in favour of killing children - I paraphrase obviously.

so you don't like change, got it
    Almost as ridiculous a comment as the idea that you can't drive safely at 24mph down Lloyd George Avenue

International

Almost as ridiculous a comment as the idea that you can't drive safely at 24mph down Lloyd George Avenue
    From Whitchurch Golf Course to the Deri, a safe road with pavement on only one side, no one crosses the road, 40mph would be safe, 30 acceptable, it's been 20 for a year with two speed cameras, it will never go back now as it was a trial area, a total waste of time and money.

It also doesn't help either when someone starts a petition calling the limit 'disastrous', before it has even been implemented. How could he even know that?

I see now that the opposition's latest route is to bring about a vote of no confidence in Lee Waters.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It also doesn't help either when someone starts a petition calling the limit 'disastrous', before it has even been implemented. How could he even know that?

I see now that the opposition's latest route is to bring about a vote of no confidence in Lee Waters.

a vote of no confidence in Lee Waters. Of course, you would if someone wastes that much money on a whim, there are actual needs like services and the NHS.

No idea on this road but if its perfectly safe for 30 cant you lobby your council to make it 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No idea on this road but if its perfectly safe for 30 cant you lobby your council to make it 30.
    It's the tree-lined dual carriageway connecting the city centre with Cardiff Bay.

And yes, you are right, people can. Just as they could have lobbied for any road to become 20 beforehand. It certainly isn't all set in stone.

It's the tree-lined dual carriageway connecting the city centre with Cardiff Bay.

And yes, you are right, people can. Just as they could have lobbied for any road to become 20 beforehand. It certainly isn't all set in stone.
    It's only about half a mile long isn't it? going back to 30 would save what 30 seconds?
    Maybe that one could get changed, but it is hardly a disaster if they don't

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    From Whitchurch Golf Course to the Deri, a safe road with pavement on only one side, no one crosses the road, 40mph would be safe, 30 acceptable, it's been 20 for a year with two speed cameras, it will never go back now as it was a trial area, a total waste of time and money.
    By Pantmawr..yeah, one of a couple of dozen or so roads where 30mph would be far more sensible. When you turn up into Pantmawr estate, that's the kind of place where 20mph is appropriate and where you would never want to exceed that anyway

International

By Pantmawr..yeah, one of a couple of dozen or so roads where 30mph would be far more sensible. When you turn up into Pantmawr estate, that's the kind of place where 20mph is appropriate and where you would never want to exceed that anyway
    Exactly common sense that's all people want

How often can you actually drive at 20 along there? certainly not in rush hour anyway

How often can you actually drive at 20 along there? certainly not in rush hour anyway
    Why is it called “rush hour”, when everything is nose to tail ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Why is it called “rush hour”, when everything is nose to tail ?

something to do with Ian Rush?