+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Re: 20mph online petition

Dear Mike Morris, any chance we can put some basket weaving videos up, or leg exercises while you're sat down, for the angry old bastards in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I shouldn't have really. We'll have the world basket weaving 'Expert' up shortly......

Two hours, two bloody hours!!!! Before last Sunday I could do one in an hour!!!! Drakeford out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I shouldn't have really. We'll have the world basket weaving 'Expert' up shortly......
    My teacher in Primary School told me I was already “world class” at the age of eight at basket weaving when I made one for my mum - I decided to quit the basket weaving game there and then as there was nothing more for me to do in it, but if you’re having a problem with one of yours, I’ll tell you where you’re going wrong because I’m sure the old magic is still there.

I remember making them in school and cubs. Think I reached semi-advanced level meaning I included coloured beads in the design.
    Wasn't there some link with the RNIB that used to be on the corner of Newport Road and Fitzalan Place?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My teacher in Primary School told me I was already “world class” at the age of eight at basket weaving when I made one for my mum - I decided to quit the basket weaving game there and then as there was nothing more for me to do in it, but if you’re having a problem with one of yours, I’ll tell you where you’re going wrong because I’m sure the old magic is still there.
    Super models, Racing drivers......

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Maybe there is a rush? Maybe they are delivery drivers or late for the train? Maybe they are in a taxi or busy to get to an appointment that they can now do less of each day as a result?

Maybe they think 20 mph is sensible on a cul de sac or narrow street in a Cathays or Splott but absolutely absurd on wide, often quiet streets in the northern suburbs?

All kinds of reasons to think this is a badly thought and badly implemented policy.

In practice most people seem to be ignoring it and the Welsh Govt have just built a groundswell of general opposition.
    I'm sorry JW but i'm not buying that just because someone is late for a work type thing they get to drive at speed. Police, Fire, Ambulance etc being the exception.
    Someone needing an emergency fish and chips can feck off

Dear Mike Morris, any chance we can put some basket weaving videos up, or leg exercises while you're sat down, for the angry old bastards in this thread?
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Or arrange a day out with Arty the great laugh 🤣🤣🤣and they can all get p!ssed up over a pint together.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Have you ever met the man ?

I did once - doing some work for a company assigned to Welsh Gov and I have to say - he was great, very funny, wanted to know what we did - how he could help. The company was in the food / drinks market and he had a quick half with us at the end of the session.

I'd happily have a couple of pints with him socially, something you couldn't do with Mark Drakeford (he doesnt drink) and apparently doesnt drive either - ironic given his 20mph law
    Prince a
    Andew and Nigel Farage would also be great guys to drink with as well! This is just another distraction trick

Isn't it weird how Welsh postcodes had massive peak in searches on Google around the time this petition was made

Untitled.jpg

See for yourselves https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...codes&hl=en-GB

100 doesn't mean 100 searches, 100 = peak search rate compared to the rest of the year.

Scroll down to see which area of the world did these searches. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Isn't it weird how Welsh postcodes had massive peak in searches on Google around the time this petition was made

Untitled.jpg

See for yourselves https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...codes&hl=en-GB

100 doesn't mean 100 searches, 100 = peak search rate compared to the rest of the year.

Scroll down to see which area of the world did these searches. Hilarious.
    Have we any Data on The Dordogne region of France?

Have we any Data on The Dordogne region of France?
    No, but I believe it is hosting the 2024 World "Flicking a ruler on the edge of a desk" championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I'm sorry JW but i'm not buying that just because someone is late for a work type thing they get to drive at speed. Police, Fire, Ambulance etc being the exception.
    Someone needing an emergency fish and chips can feck off
    Yeah you are missing my point.

My point is that someone driving at 25 or 30 or 32 on wide, often quiet streets is not speeding. That's normal. Or should be.

Driving at 20, 18, 16mph is abnormal is such circumstances

I imagine reporters with microphones and cameras chasing round andrewRTdavies through the streets as he dives in the chippy to escape and to scoff some pies

Super models, Racing drivers......

370,000 now...

370,000 now...
    It’s all the bloody English voting though init? Bloody Tories from over the bridge……..

Yeah you are missing my point.

My point is that someone driving at 25 or 30 or 32 on wide, often quiet streets is not speeding. That's normal. Or should be.

Driving at 20, 18, 16mph is abnormal is such circumstances
    so you don't like change, got it

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Yes a load of guff….��

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I imagine reporters with microphones and cameras chasing round andrewRTdavies through the streets as he dives in the chippy to escape and to scoff some pies
    I think you imagine lots of things Sludge

I don't disagree with the idea of 20 mph limits, especially around schools, hospitals, care homes and built up residential areas. My issue is the way it's been implemented and the absolute confusion that's ensued. Pi$$ poor communication doesn't begin to describe it!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I don't disagree with the idea of 20 mph limits, especially around schools, hospitals, care homes and built up residential areas. My issue is the way it's been implemented and the absolute confusion that's ensued. Pi$$ poor communication doesn't begin to describe it!
    Doesn't help when the opposition party keep describing it as a "blanket change"