+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It really isn't. Most of the country object to the imposition of 20mph where it isn't necessary. Its as simple as that. It's a bad policy decision.
    293,311 signatures

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    293,311 signatures
    Dictator wouldn’t care if it hit a million….probably all the people in Wales who actually drive.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Dictator wouldn’t care if it hit a million….probably all the people in Wales who actually drive.
    You don't have to be in Wales to enter some details on the petition.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    You don't have to be in Wales to enter some details on the petition.
    Yes you do, you have to have a Welsh address/postcode otherwise you cant vote. This is capable of being checked and the system filters out anyone who has already voted or is not in a Welsh area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    From the one man defence of this Tory Govt.🤣🤣🤣

To be fair being better than Sunak , Truss or The bufoon doesnt make Drakeford any good.

The standard of politician at the front of British politics is utterly abysmal.
    As I will point out again. It would only be a defence in the face of people like you who write unhinged stuff. No one is complimenting any govt here..they are pointing out that the WG probably have this policy wrong.

I suspect you probably know that yourself now really.

International

As I will point out again. It would only be a defence in the face of people like you who write unhinged stuff. No one is complimenting any govt here..they are pointing out that the WG probably have this policy wrong.

Sunak is doing a good job of calming things down, as is Starmer he won't go for any of this 20mph nonsense.

Boris, Corbyn, Truss, Sturgeon, Davies, Khan and Drakeford, are all useless and should be nowhere near power.

It's unpopular, that doesn't mean it is wrong.

I think it'll need to be assessed after it has been in place for a year at least before we can make a call on whether it is wrong or not

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's unpopular, that doesn't mean it is wrong.

I think it'll need to be assessed after it has been in place for a year at least before we can make a call on whether it is wrong or not
    Another back peddler, he's seeing sense, Jesus it takes ages with some of them.

I think that's all of them now

Another back peddler, he's seeing sense, Jesus it takes ages with some of them.

I think that's all of them now
    I haven't back peddled on anything you strange little man

International

I haven't back peddled on anything you strange little man
    You've been saying it's a good idea for ten pages, you can hardly say OK I've been a tit it is daft and caused Labour in Wales a massive problem, so to try and save face you've said "I think it'll need to be assessed"

Anyway well done, it sounds like that's already happening.

then why do they lower motorway speeds at times of high traffic volume to avoid this type of traffic jam?
    It's an attempt to stem the flow of traffic arriving at the density wave, at a rate thats less than the traffic leaving the density wave. It doesn't work in practice because a density wave only collapses when the objects caught therein can escape. It has nothing to do with entry speed.

Traffic management seemingly know little of density wave theory.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Sorry but this is just total nonsense. It's easier to get out in a 20 than a 30, people still need stopping distances and so on. Well, most people, who aren't looking to crash or run people over (so excluding a few in this thread).

I'm probably about a year ahead of a lot of people on here as all of the roads nearest to me changed to 20 some time ago. You get used to it after a week or so.

To sum this thread up, old people don't like change. I believe a straw poll of the demographic of this board was done fairly recently.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense. And if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

The point being is that cautious drivers are going to take longer to pull out because the gaps in traffic are smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense. And if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

The point being is that cautious drivers are going to take longer to pull out because the gaps in traffic are smaller.
    It's not that I don't like it, it's that I don't see it to be true in practice. Having spent a year of driving around 20mph roads around me, with one being a main arterial road adjacent to where I live and have to pull onto daily, I haven't once had an issue where the difference in speed limit has affected the ability to pull out in any way other than positively.

NHS, M4 Brynglas car park, Economy, traffic speed, cycle lanes, bus lanes, road blocks, road closures, schools, kids coming out of care free money, free prescriptions for billionaires, can't travel five miles, lockdown longer when the need has already passed, pay towards University fees, ban the English, triple council tax for 2nd homes in tourist areas, crackpot ideas that make Wales worse, that's not brave it's stupidity.
    🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Right now I know it's a wind up. You're the first person I've ever come across who doesn't agree with having schools.
    I have no idea how many people in Wales benefit from free prescriptions.

Probably in this cost of living crisis id say it helps many thousands.

Id love to know how much money a year is spent on Welsh billionaires prescriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I have no idea how many people in Wales benefit from free prescriptions.

Probably in this cost of living crisis id say it helps many thousands.

Id love to know how much money a year is spent on Welsh billionaires prescriptions.
    My wife works as a procurement manager in the NHS and I can tell you that charging for prescriptions, with the added cost of processing those payments. is equivalent to offering them free.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    My wife works as a procurement manager in the NHS and I can tell you that charging for prescriptions, with the added cost of processing those payments. is equivalent to offering them free.
    Why does England charge then? For fun?

Labour in Westminster haven't said they will do it?

Why does England charge then? For fun?

Labour in Westminster haven't said they will do it?
    She has explained the figures and it's correct. You really are an argumentative person though, totally uncalled for too.

International

She has explained the figures and it's correct. You really are an argumentative person though, totally uncalled for too.
    I didn't argue, I just asked why Sunak, Barclay, and Hunt don't do it?

Does your wife know more than them?

It's a question, not an argument.

Logically it doesn't sound right, Giving stuff away free is cheaper than charging for it?

International

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...es-in-england/

This seems logical, give it to kids old people, ill people, but not to me, I can afford it?

This seems logical too

https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-even...ption-charges/

Anyway there may be some logic to this, 20mph is nonsense though, as was no travel five miles to go to a beach, as is triple council tax and ruining the tourist industry.

International

I have a friend who is a pharmacist. He told me everyone in Wales gets free subscriptions because it was demmed to be cheaper that trying to sort out who was entitled and who wasn't and that checking to catch false claimants. So just a money saving exercise. Pity they didn't use the same criterion when spending £32 million on new road signs.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have a friend who is a pharmacist. He told me everyone in Wales gets free subscriptions because it was demmed to be cheaper that trying to sort out who was entitled and who wasn't and that checking to catch false claimants. So just a money saving exercise. Pity they didn't use the same criterion when spending £32 million on new road signs.
    the £32 million on road signs is estimated to save 90odd million in NHS expenditure

International

the £32 million on road signs is estimated to save 90odd million in NHS expenditure
    And there is no way anyone will ever be able to prove that is hasn't. After a year the Gov can put out whatever figure it wants, it will only be an opinion. And £90million over what period?
    Its all about what if. Maybe road deaths will fall anyway, but what if the go up? will the Gov say it was because of the speed limit change I doubt they would ever admit it) or put out some other reason?
    It will be like the drastic fall in tourist revenue it will be because of some other factor(s) never ever as a result of any new rules or regulations the Gov bring in.
    The don't have the balls to admit they're wrong. Drakeford has already said about the petition that he has no intention of taking any notice of it, so where is the democrcy in that? When asked he gave a 1 word answer "No"

A lot of the time on my route around Cardiff above 20 was a treat anyway.

What I most dislike is the mess they made of the roll out. It's like they chose which roads to keep 30 based on throwing darts at a map.

That or they still haven't taken down most of the 30 signs.

Shambles.

How dare those 5 Welsh billionaires have free prescriptions (assuming they all live here). Don't they realise the damage they're causing 😊