+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Murphy Twins

The Murphy Twins

I see tonight that Jacob Murphy is starting for Newcastle in the Champions league at the San Siro - whereas his twin brother was an unused substitute for Oxford on the weekend.

It's interesting that two genetically identical players can seeming be so far apart. Their progress through the youth structure was at the same rate - breaking through to first team football at the same time.

The only conclusion can be that factors outside a players innate ability are a far more important factor in success.

Here's hoping a good environment, opportunities and decent management can help our youngsters thrive - City seems to be a much healthy and happier place for players this season.

Re: The Murphy Twins

Jacob is far better than his brother Josh and I would say the reason is attitude.
    We had the lazy one.

Newcastle look very average compared to last season and lucky to get to HT goalless.

Some big players on the bench though like Almiron and Callum Wilson which I think is the only reason why Murphy started.

My point is that when they were braking though at Norwich there was little between them but the gulf is seemingly now huge.

It could have been a sliding doors moment for Tanner not even getting in a york side. But a change of circumstances, a new manager, new players around you and some opportunities can make a bigger difference than god given talent alone.

Sometimes loans just dont work.

Tanners huge improvement has been a big bonus.