+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Ugbo doing enough to be starting

Re: Is Ugbo doing enough to be starting

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Someone will need to explain to me why he is better than Harris because I can't see it.

Not quick, but not slow, not strong but not weak, not great in the air, good work ethic but not as much as Harris

He just has much better player around him than Harris ever did.

Not saying Harris was ever the answer, he obviously wasn't, but we definitely need and out and out "9" to complement the plethora of inside forwards, wingers and attacking midfeilders we have.
    Harris needed the move imo.

To be fair Ugbo only has a hand full of starts and already has 3 goals compared to Harris 9 in 6 years for us.

I’m sure Harris will do fine at Oxford, sometimes players just need a change.

I'd start Etete against Sunderland. He looks our most natural striker. Would understand if it was Meite, but he does not look a natural through the middle.

International

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Someone will need to explain to me why he is better than Harris because I can't see it.

Not quick, but not slow, not strong but not weak, not great in the air, good work ethic but not as much as Harris

He just has much better player around him than Harris ever did.

Not saying Harris was ever the answer, he obviously wasn't, but we definitely need and out and out "9" to complement the plethora of inside forwards, wingers and attacking midfeilders we have.
    Ugbo had three goals in four games at one point in a new team, he is fast on the ground, but not quite as fast in the mind, we need a new Striker in January, but until then he's probably the best we have, he's very hard working and obviously a lot of his hard work is being missed by some fans.

Remember we are getting two goals a game, and sometimes strikers contribute by making runs and leaving space for others, so we are not doing too much wrong upfront.

Bulut's a decent Manager and a better judge of a player than any of us, let's see who he picks, time will tell.

I've been a bit meh about Ugbo from day one, but, actually, I think he's not done badly in the last two games. He may not be a "fox in the box" type, but not too many of his size are these days, the goals he's scored for us so far have all been "right place, right time" type goals like most of Kaba's were and I reckon he offers a bit more in things like build up play than Sory did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've been a bit meh about Ugbo from day one, but, actually, I think he's not done badly in the last two games. He may not be a "fox in the box" type, but not too many of his size are these days, the goals he's scored for us so far have all been "right place, right time" type goals like most of Kaba's were and I reckon he offers a bit more in things like build up play than Sory did.
    Completely agree with you ToBW, although I do think Kaba was much better at holding up the ball and playing it out to the wings.

I don't think he'll be a 20+ goal striker in this league anytime soon but I think he's already learning. Getting himself into better positions but that's compared to his first few games where (despite scoring) he looked a little lost.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think Ugbo is a natural target man but he is good in the air- against Coventry I was really impressed with his ability to direct headers to team mates, which allowed us to keep possession and build attacks. It was disappointing that he couldn't get on the end of one of those crosses into the box (particulalry that one from Ng which was superb) but he definitely contributes to our attacking play.

He looks to me like a player whose best attribute is sticking the ball in the back of the net, which is brilliant to have. But when he doesn't score it then makes him look like he's had a bad game. In certain teams with not many goal scorers then 100% you would start him every game, last season he'd have been very useful for us.

But for the first time in a long time we've got quite a few players who can stick the ball in the back of the net, so players who can hold up the ball better e.g. Meite may be better for the team.

As much as I like Harris, there's no doubt Ugbo is far better.

Yes. We're scoring a lot of goals and he's got a good tally so far himself, so something must be working.

No, he's a lazy sod.