+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Do We Always Agree With Away Fans When.........

Why Do We Always Agree With Away Fans When.........

............they sing Sheep Sh*gging Bastards we know what you are ?

Our meek agreement with them seems odd.

Surely this is an opportunity to go back at them with an insult of our own.

I remember last season, Millwall away fans starting this song and then us agreeing with their collective wisdom when we could have gone back at them with something like "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are" After all, the likelihood of extreme right wing politics is more likely amongst the Millwall contingent than the incidence of b*stiality in the Canton. They might not be too pleased but so be it.

I'm sure retorts based on other stereotypes could fit the bill better in terms of responding to this song rather than just agreement

Re: Why Do We Always Agree With Away Fans When.........

Sheep sheep you're a liar

I remember Brighton fans singing sheep sh@gging etc
    And us returning with 'does your boyfriend know you're here'

And so it went on - quite amusing and ironic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshack's Back Five View Post
    Sheep sheep you're a liar
    Please remind me what that was all about :)

I don't think anyone really believes anyone shags sheep and I'm not sure anyone protesting their innocence is to be trusted anyway.

It is cute when it's chanted by the opposition, can see them chuckling away as if they just thought of it.

I was thinking how shit atmospheres in this country are, 95% of chants used by every club switching out a few lyrics.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Please remind me what that was all about :)
    was it who was always saying that should be the answer. He seemed almost religious about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I remember Brighton fans singing sheep sh@gging etc
    And us returning with 'does your boyfriend know you're here'

And so it went on - quite amusing and ironic to me.
    Makes sense to me. If you go along with it it loses any power of insult. Similar to black people owning the N word I guess.

I’ve always thought of it as more a term of endearment, than an insult.
    Aberdeen fans get called the same up in Jockland.
    The Stones even wrote a song about it.
    Hey McCloud, get off my Ewe!!

Swansea sing YJB at all their games.

Leeds we all hate Leeds scum.

Right I’ll be honest, because of what we sing back I thought we were all doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post

I remember last season, Millwall away fans starting this song and then us agreeing with their collective wisdom when we could have gone back at them with something like "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are" After all, the likelihood of extreme right wing politics is more likely amongst the Millwall contingent than the incidence of b*stiality in the Canton. They might not be too pleased but so be it.

I'm sure retorts based on other stereotypes could fit the bill better in terms of responding to this song rather than just agreement
    Bit of an escalation!

That's being a bit Hitlerist though innit matey? I thought it was equality to all in these woke times? I'm sure some wag or other can think up a better 'insult' than "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are"? Calling their entire fan base that, is a bit like saying every City fan is or was a member of the (r)sole crew

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    That's being a bit Hitlerist though innit matey? I thought it was equality to all in these woke times? I'm sure some wag or other can think up a better 'insult' than "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are"? Calling their entire fan base that, is a bit like saying every City fan is or was a member of the (r)sole crew
    No different to what they call us. No-one really believes that we are all sheep sh*gets the same as I don’t believe all Millwall fans are Nazis. It’s all part of the banter ( I hate that word)

If it needs toning down then sung to the Millwall fans “ Ru Paul’s Drag Race Contestants, we know what you are”

No different to what they call us. No-one really believes that we are all sheep sh*gets the same as I don’t believe all Millwall fans are Nazis. It’s all part of the banter ( I hate that word)

If it needs toning down then sung to the Millwall fans “ Ru Paul’s Drag Race Contestants, we know what you are”
    I like that one, it sounds so much better than "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are". I'd love to see it take off as a chant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I like that one, it sounds so much better than "Racist Nazi bastards we know what you are". I'd love to see it take off as a chant
    We'll keep that one for West Brom.

Reminds me of my best orgasms.

It's just a way of taking it back and showing them we don't care. "1-0 to the sheep shaggers" is genius.

It was certainly fortuitous in the Coventry game that they started up the chant, we scored enabling us to do the 1-0 in response. However the planets don’t always align that well.

The sheep sh*gging chant is meant to be an insult based on a stereotype so I still think we should return the compliment to away fans with an insult of our own. Racist Nazi Bastards as a response to Millwall fans is not something they might like but is based on a perception of them. As you’ve ascribed the word “genius” to our fans I’m sure they could come up with something. Meekly agreeing continually with away fans about our ovine intentions is a bit tiresome. Break the mould and have a go back at them.