+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: team for Blackburn

Re: team for Blackburn

Agree with the concensus, the OP starting eleven looks good with a couple of tweaks.

Collins is too good to risk burnout or injury (no obvious like for like replacement) and Tanner is a game changer off the bench should we need him.

I'd start Robinson, see how fit he really is.

I'd involve Ramsey too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with the concensus, the OP starting eleven looks good with a couple of tweaks.

Collins is too good to risk burnout or injury (no obvious like for like replacement) and Tanner is a game changer off the bench should we need him.

I'd start Robinson, see how fit he really is.

I'd involve Ramsey too.
    No way Ramsey, don't even put him on the bench, it's a cup game, we wheel him out only when we need him, there are loads of league games coming.

Definitely, not Collins, McGuiness or Goutas as we have insufficient cover.

We can't risk injuries in a cup game to any of those as they are all key players.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No way Ramsey, don't even put him on the bench, it's a cup game, we wheel him out only when we need him, there are loads of league games coming.

Definitely, not Collins, McGuiness or Goutas as we have insufficient cover.

We can't risk injuries in a cup game to any of those as they are all key players.
    Off the bench if we are losing but pressing hard.

Killer pass. Set piece master.

... and he loves a cup final

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Off the bench if we are losing but pressing hard.

Killer pass. Set piece master.

... and he loves a cup final
    No, no, no!
    I don't even want Ramsey sat on the coach!
    Let him be in the best of shape for Rotherham.

Personally, I’d like us to put out our strongest 11 available and go for it, regardless of how many games we’ve got in the next few weeks.
    It will be interesting though to see what our strength in depth is if we go down that route.
    Ipswich have made the joint best start to this season than any other promoted side in any English league division ever.
    Last night against Premiership Wolves, they made 10 changes from Saturday, and came from 2-0 down, to win 3-2, scoring all 3 goals before making any substitutions.
    That’s what you call strength in depth.

International

Can Runarsson do enough to get the nod for Saturday, Can Colwill or Robinson shine that's what this game should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Can Runarsson do enough to get the nod for Saturday, Can Colwill or Robinson shine that's what this game should be about.
    Whatever Runarsson may do tonight should have no bearing on Saturday’s team selection. Alnwick was immense at Sunderland, his place is surely assured.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Whatever Runarsson may do tonight should have no bearing on Saturday’s team selection. Alnwick was immense at Sunderland, his place is surely assured.
    Agree entirely but NCB made a good point. It's games like these which help back up players make the transition effectively when called upon. As for Alnwick it would take an earthquake to shake him from his No. 1 spot in my opinion.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree entirely but NCB made a good point. It's games like these which help back up players make the transition effectively when called upon. As for Alnwick it would take an earthquake to shake him from his No. 1 spot in my opinion.
    After last season and Alnwick being largely ignored it's so nice to have two good keepers, you're both right Alnwick has played very well and deserves the shirt.

I still feel Runarsson will prove better and by the end of the season the number one keeper, let's see how he and Colwill and the rest do tonight, I'm looking forward to it.

So 11 changes from the Sunderland game, and battered 5-2. Cosmic!!
    What it proved was our strength in depth is woeful, and yet again we are out of another cup, we possibly could have gone further in.
    Blackburn will now be playing Chelsea away in a glamour tie, whilst we’ll be watching Coronation St.
    I’ve always thought the point of playing football was to try and win as many games as possible, and go as deep into any cup competitions as possible.
    Hey ho, lots on here will be happy. We now have a clear run for a while, to push on with our promotion bid.
    ****ing joke !!