+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Having a car delivered across the UK

Lightbulb Having a car delivered across the UK

Hi does anybody have any experience of having a car transported across the UK by a reliable company.

I have a Ford Focus worth 10k which I can no longer drive due to MND. I am giving it to my daughter who lives in Lincolnshire as she is due to take take her test next month. I do not want her to pick it up even if she passes her test, as it is a 4 hour journey, mostly on the motorway.

I am looking for a company that would deliver it for me, preferably on a flat bed. I am hopping some people on here may have some experience of doing this.

Thanks

Re: Having a car delivered across the UK

One of my clients is a used car dealer and they deliver across the uk with a company called Pro Platers. Their cars go up to £60 +k in value. My client wouldn’t continue to use them if they weren’t any good. Hope that helps.

International

BCA will collect, inspect it and drive it there for you, and let your daughter check for any new marks when it is delivered.
    I think the cost depends on the distance.

Footnote> I think moving it on a low loader might be very expensive.

You could get quotes from Shiply https://www.shiply.com/

it would be worth paying a friend the money these shippers charge, pay for fuel, prem inn for a night or 2 and the train fare back, some retired folk could grab a cheeky 2 days away

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Hi does anybody have any experience of having a car transported across the UK by a reliable company.

I have a Ford Focus worth 10k which I can no longer drive due to MND. I am giving it to my daughter who lives in Lincolnshire as she is due to take take her test next month. I do not want her to pick it up even if she passes her test, as it is a 4 hour journey, mostly on the motorway.

I am looking for a company that would deliver it for me, preferably on a flat bed. I am hopping some people on here may have some experience of doing this.

Thanks
    Hi Mate, I have a friend who does this for a living. Has his own flatbed and travels all over the country transporting cars.

i'll Pm you his details now

International

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post

Thanks
    If they charge by the hour expect to pay more, it will take a few hours to get out of Cardiff, a few more to get out of Wales, and a hour from Bristol to Lincolnshire

There are loads of these on Ebay - just type in 'Classic car transport', or something similar.

Thanks all for replying with your suggestions.

In the end I went with bluesp recommendation, which was Pro Platers. They had very good scores on trust pilot and they do business with many car dealers. So I have confidence it will not disappear into the night.

They are charging £500 for the transport of the car, which will be towed on a trailer and fully insured. I don’t have to pay until it has been safely delivered and they have sent out the invoice. I have it booked for a week Monday, a couple of weeks before her test. I hope it gives her the incentive to pass.

Glad to have helped, good luck to her