+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

Re: Russell Brand

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Being a sex pest isn't criminal
    Sexual Harassment isn't a criminal offence i don't think, it comes under civil law. Indecent exposure is though.

That's no defence
    I disagree with the vast majority of your views because they are as one eyed as my penis but I normally understand them at least. I have no idea what you are going on about here. But trust me, fawning articles about Russell Brand from the time he was committing alleged offences are more valuable to understanding who he influenced and was influenced by than you and others talking about Jimmy Savile.

Madness.

The motor head drummer not the fat darts player
    Darts sex pest.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I disagree with the vast majority of your views because they are as one eyed as my penis but I normally understand them at least. I have no idea what you are going on about here. But trust me, fawning articles about Russell Brand from the time he was committing alleged offences are more valuable to understanding who he influenced and was influenced by than you and others talking about Jimmy Savile.

Madness.
    You see no similarities between Savile and Brand then in relation how they both been alleged to be serial sexual abusers, both in the world of celebrity, both cosied up to political establishment (before Brand has converted to Ickeism) and it appears both individuals were given a level of protection through willfull ignorance?

You're the lad whose brought politics to this thread mind.

I'm playing your game by going off on tangents.

Your nuance to read past and current situations is blipping again buddy.

Let's be to the point, Brand only spoke for himself as he's an opinionated, self indulgent, narcissist who also has a superiority complex.

In other words a cuunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You see no similarities between Savile and Brand then in relation how they both been alleged to be serial sexual abusers, both in the world of celebrity, both cosied up to political establishment (before Brand has converted to Ickeism) and it appears both individuals were given a level of protection through willfull ignorance?

Let's be to the point, Brand only spoke for himself as he's an opinionated, self indulgent, narcissist who also has a superiority complex.

In other words a cuunt.
    It does need to be reiterated that one has been charged, the other not, but yes I do think there are similiaries in terms of how people who are an 'open secret' can avoid being exposed and the support networks they build up around themselves are key to that

But no, within that principle I don't think there are similiarities really. And to jump to some story about Savile from 40 odd years ago doesn't suggest you take this story as seriously as you did that Rubiales kiss for example.

In looking at how he "got away with it" I think it is important to see who was courting, emboldening, justifying him etc at the time.

That's not unreasonable, in fact it's sensible.

I agree with you on the narcissistic personality etc but if everyone did know what was going on, it's fair to ask who kept feeding the ego and giving him more effective power.

In other words a cuunt.
    And in any case Saville was a Thatcher Luvvie; it shows she had great taste and perspicacity.

Darts sex pest.
    Is the darts player known as Phil filthy Taylor ?

Is the darts player known as Phil filthy Taylor ?
    If he had been known as Phil 'The Filthy' Taylor instead of 'The Power' I would have fully endorsed it.

It does need to be reiterated that one has been charged, the other not, but yes I do think there are similiaries in terms of how people who are an 'open secret' can avoid being exposed and the support networks they build up around themselves are key to that

But no, within that principle I don't think there are similiarities really. And to jump to some story about Savile from 40 odd years ago doesn't suggest you take this story as seriously as you did that Rubiales kiss for example.

In looking at how he "got away with it" I think it is important to see who was courting, emboldening, justifying him etc at the time.

I agree with you on the narcissistic personality etc but if everyone did know what was going on, it's fair to ask who kept feeding the ego and giving him more effective power.
    I maybe wrong here but Savile is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Admittedly, it's a tenuous link and I'm deliberately going 'off road' but I'm following your lead here buddy by going down the political road. It appears that the 40 years between Savile and Brand with an abundance of rumours, tales and informal accusations that surrounded the two individuals have taught some in politics nothing.

My observation.

Glad you recognise there are some similarities such as an abuse of position and who the two individuals were copying up with.

Rubiales kiss? I've said my bit on that and stand by it. Spanish courts still looking at it with sexual assault and coercion being considered?

Sounds like fuuck all to me and a fuss about fuuck all.

Which one out of Savile and Brand has been charged with anything?

Ed Milliband bad for speaking to Russell Brand.

Thatcher ignored for having a close relationship with Jimmy Savile and advocated for him to be knighted even when informed he was a sex pest.

The strange nuanced world of Jimbo.
    What gets me is that he always acts so appalled and amazed at how anyone can possibly think such a thing when the truth is pointed out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What gets me is that he always acts so appalled and amazed at how anyone can possibly think such a thing when the truth is pointed out to him.
    I am sure he will deal with this

Give the man time

Which one out of Savile and Brand has been charged with anything?
    Fair point. Jimmy died.

I'm not sure you have grasped the difference between truth and your opinion there Bob.

The articles I posted are an attempt at finding out the truth as to how he (alledgedly) got away with it. I have no idea why it upsets you so much?

And Jimmy Savile is nothing to do with this case. If you started banding that around in a trial the case would collapse.

I am sure he will deal with this

Give the man time
    Deal with what?!

I'm not sure you have grasped the difference between truth and your opinion there Bob.

The articles I posted are an attempt at finding out the truth as to how he (alledgedly) got away with it. I have no idea why it upsets you so much?

And Jimmy Savile is nothing to do with this case. If you started banding that around in a trial the case would collapse.
    No, I’m talking about the way you brought party politics into it. As I mentioned, Brand took certain elements of the left for mugs almost a decade ago and now he’s doing the same to elements of the right - he’s out for himself just like all psychopaths, politics, particularly party politics, has got nothing to do with it.

He’s also, near as damnit, admitted to exposing himself to a female working in the media in America - I think bringing politics into it is irrelevant, Brand is, to put it more mildly than Jordi Cule, a scumbag.

https://pagesix.com/2023/09/21/russe...ghed-about-it/

No, I’m talking about the way you brought party politics into it. As I mentioned, Brand took certain elements of the left for mugs almost a decade ago and now he’s doing the same to elements of the right - he’s out for himself just like all psychopaths, politics, particularly party politics, has got nothing to do with it.

He’s also, near as damnit, admitted to exposing himself to a female working in the media in America - I think bringing politics into it is irrelevant, Brand is, to put it more mildly than Jordi Cule, a scumbag.

https://pagesix.com/2023/09/21/russe...ghed-about-it/
    It was an article from the time, it wasn't specifically party political, and if you have an issue with party politics being brought into debates there are much better examples!

This is the third thread on Russell Brand and, as I understand it, is more about how he managed to build up a power base around him to stay protected.

In that sense, I think latching onto politicians and certain ideologies probably did help him tbh. So it may be part of the story.

It was an article from the time, it wasn't specifically party political, and if you have an issue with party politics being brought into debates there are much better examples!

This is the third thread on Russell Brand and, as I understand it, is more about how he managed to build up a power base around him to stay protected.

In that sense, I think latching onto politicians and certain ideologies probably did help him tbh. So it may be part of the story.
    Of course linking milliband to brand was political by you

You must think we have come down in the last shower of rain

You are pulling the wool over your own eyes

Of course linking milliband to brand was political by you

You must think we have come down in the last shower of rain

You are pulling the wool over your own eyes
    So in talking about Brands past do we have to ignore the fact that he was being courted by a potential prime Minister then?

Your reaction here says more about how any rumours were hushed up tbh.

Maybe such behaviours were part of the problem? Worth exploring, don't you think?

Regarding your last paragraph, do you think Savile maybe might have latched on to politicians and certain ideologies to help himself?

Regarding your last paragraph, do you think Savile maybe might have latched on to politicians and certain ideologies to help himself?
    Not really. He wrapped himself in charities, the media and in aligning himself to organisations at various levels. I don't think his cover was the same and I don't think newspapers praised his politics (I've seen interviews where he says he is apolitical).

Again, Im not really sure why people are so keen to talk about Jimmy Savile. Aren't you more interested in how Russell Brand managed to "get away with," his alleged crimes?

Not really. He wrapped himself in charities, the media and in aligning himself to organisations at various levels. I don't think his cover was the same and I don't think newspapers praised his politics (I've seen interviews where he says he is apolitical).

Again, Im not really sure why people are so keen to talk about Jimmy Savile. Aren't you more interested in how Russell Brand managed to "get away with," his alleged crimes?
    We're getting somewhere.

Yes I am. Brand may not or (in my opinion) may have used a similar template to Savile. The 70s/80s were different times to today but the cosying up to politicians appears to me to be very similar. Brand and Savile bring courted by the political establishment of the time.

It's interesting why Brand has turned to Ickeism ans started pedalling conspiracy theories unless of course he's a genuine utter looper?

Savile didn't need to as he had Maggie, the BBC in his pocket.

Looks like some establishments and institutions learn fuuck all from previous mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm assuming nothing, Brand has admitted to being a sex pest, live on air.
    He hasn't admitted to the serious accusations of sexual assault against him though has he. You're just going to assume he's guilty cos you don't like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    He hasn't admitted to the serious accusations of sexual assault against him though has he. You're just going to assume he's guilty cos you don't like him?
    I agree....cannot stand the man....but it's all too easy for someone to come forward many years later (sometimes decades) without ANY actual proof.
    Having said that, yes times were different in the sixties/seventies.....I am pretty positive that most of the music groups around that time took advantage of younger fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I agree....cannot stand the man....but it's all too easy for someone to come forward many years later (sometimes decades) without ANY actual proof.
    Having said that, yes times were different in the sixties/seventies.....I am pretty positive that most of the music groups around that time took advantage of younger fans.
    Russell Brand being investigated by Thames Valley Police following harassment and stalking claims. Thames Valley Police is the second police force to be investigating Brand. The Met has received "a number of allegations of sexual offences".

https://news.sky.com/story/russell-b...laims-12975012

As it’s years later he should get away with it gov!