Match Officials:

Referee: LEIGH DOUGHTY
    Assistants: Nigel Lugg and Mark Russell
    Fourth Official : Martin Woods

Tickets:

https://tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

Last game:

Blackburn 5 - 2 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City: Rúnarsson, Romeo, Panzo, Adams, Rinomhota, Sawyers ©, Evans (Beecher 60’), Tanner (Crole 72’), R Colwill, Robinson (J Colwill 72’), Etete (Crole 60’). Subs not used: Turner, Fagan-Walcott, Campbell, Giles, Twose.

Rotherham 1 - 1 Preston
    Rotherham- Johansson, Lembikisa, Bramall, Blackett, Clucas (Nombe 73), Hugill (Kelly 90+5), Green, Onyedinma, Rathbone, Humphreys (Revan 46), Tiehi. Unused- Phillips, Eaves, Appiah, McGuckin.

Opposition manager:

Matt Taylor

Re: CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UTD. Match thread

Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls
    Wintle

Robinson
    Etete
    Grant

1-0 City.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls
    Wintle

Robinson
    Etete
    Grant

1-0 City.
    A well deserved 1-0 too. When he's fit I'd replace Grant with O'Dowda

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    A well deserved 1-0 too. When he's fit I'd replace Grant with O'Dowda
    I wonder if we’ll see the best of Grant when ODowda is fit and competing for that position?

He’s shown in the past what a good player he really is, and although he started slowly, he has improved immensely since the first start.

Is it fitness, confidence or just good management from Bulut and his team?

Like Bowler, I look forward to seeing any player returning from injury and adding competition, and it’s going to be interesting watching the fight between the wingers for the shirt especially since Tanners exciting recent performances

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls
    Wintle

Robinson
    Etete
    Grant

1-0 City.
    As it's Rotherham I'd hope our midfield would contain Colwill or Robinson in the 10 role

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    As it's Rotherham I'd hope our midfield would contain Colwill or Robinson in the 10 role
    Cant see either Robbo or Etete start. I agree though that it would be good if either Robinson or Colwill were slotted into midfield to give us more attacking presence.
    Rotherham's biggest threat will be Morrison at corners. Almost guaranteed to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Cant see either Robbo or Etete start. I agree though that it would be good if either Robinson or Colwill were slotted into midfield to give us more attacking presence.
    Rotherham's biggest threat will be Morrison at corners. Almost guaranteed to score.
    Good news. Morrison seems to be injured and wont be playing. Lee Peltier will be though.

I would like to see that also, but I think it will be Siopis, Wintle and Ralls in midfield

Quite impressive that Peltier is still playing such a challenging position regularly in the Championship at 36 - not a knock on him in the slightest (in fact quite the opposite) but a great example of how professionalism, staying in shape and leadership can overcome a lack of ideal attributes. You'd say in terms of full backs the game has been going away from what his strengths are for a good 5-10 years at least.

Let’s hope the players are switched on and it’s not another QPR !!!!

Mop and bucket at the ready.

You can vote for the pre game music. I see Singing in the Rain is an option 😁
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...erham-united-h

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    You can vote for the pre game music. I see Singing in the Rain is an option ��
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...erham-united-h
    It’s raining men
    Listen to the pouring rain

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CubdZNIyKg

Agreed

Spanking win Saturday, can't wait to get into the ground , let's hope the Swansea game attendees turn up to make some noise .

I reckon if we replicated that atmosphere every home game we'd be in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Quite impressive that Peltier is still playing such a challenging position regularly in the Championship at 36 - not a knock on him in the slightest (in fact quite the opposite) but a great example of how professionalism, staying in shape and leadership can overcome a lack of ideal attributes. You'd say in terms of full backs the game has been going away from what his strengths are for a good 5-10 years at least.
    Well said!

He's a player who knows his limitations and plays within them. A good old-school pro' who has looked after himself well. I see no reason why he won't be playing at least League One level until he's 38.

We're going to play Wintle in an advanced position instead of using Colwill or Robinson aren't we?

If they're not up to it fitness wise, then they never will be at this rate. Give `em some serious minutes mun.

If Ramsey is out for longer than three weeks then we're going to need a better long term option than pushing Wintle up the field.

In Bulut we trust though because we have scored in more games than every team in the football league pyramid except for one.

Remember when not being able to score in a brothel was a thing?

I don't. I don't go to brothels.

City 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    We're going to play Wintle in an advanced position instead of using Colwill or Robinson aren't we?

If they're not up to it fitness wise, then they never will be at this rate. Give `em some serious minutes mun.

If Ramsey is out for longer than three weeks then we're going to need a better long term option than pushing Wintle up the field.

In Bulut we trust though because we have scored in more games than every team in the football league pyramid except for one.

Remember when not being able to score in a brothel was a thing?

I don't. I don't go to brothels.

City 2-1
    Wintle will play and hopefully we will win 2-0

Cardiff City XI: Alnwick; Ng, Goutas, McGuinness, Collins; Siopis, Wintle, Ralls; Meite, Etete, Grant.

Subs: Runarsson, Romeo, Ugbo, Adams, Sawyers, Panzo, R. Colwill, Tanner, Robinson.

Love that Etete gets his chance to start

Wintle is the new Ramsey!

Was hoping to see Robinson or Colwill start but wasn't expecting it. Apart from that, looks good.

Makes sense to give Etete a start. Has been looking much better recently after a poor start to the season

God I love Siopis. Wins the ball back so well so often.