+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Table this time last year

Table this time last year

10 games played: We were 18th with 11 points.

Reading were third with 18 points and QPR were seventh with 15 points. Coventry were bottom on zero points after seven games.

So early days yet

Re: Table this time last year

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    10 games played: We were 18th with 11 points.

Reading were third with 18 points and QPR were seventh with 15 points. Coventry were bottom on zero points after seven games.

So early days yet
    Very early days.

Didn’t Coventry start on minus though?

I don’t think there is a case to get carried away but I think we can be pleased the club is clearly heading in new direction, they spent on a manager, they worked the transfer window very well in my opinion on frees. We seem to be also improving and developing players.

Let’s see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Very early days.

Didn’t Coventry start on minus though?

I don’t think there is a case to get carried away but I think we can be pleased the club is clearly heading in new direction, they spent on a manager, they worked the transfer window very well in my opinion on frees. We seem to be also improving and developing players.

Let’s see what happens.
    Coventry weren’t minus but they did play fewer games at the start as their pitch was messed up by rugby.

We’ve hired an actual manager with some experience and it’s showing. Little lesson for the future there

Experienced manager who has actually done decently at higher levels elsewhere, plus some very shrewd signings. When was the last time we could say we've signed players who are on the whole better than the ones they replaced.

Definitely shouldn't be carried away, I'll be very surprised if we are actually a top 6 side come end of season but it's very positive in terms of the direction we are going and you can see a path to us being among the playoff contenders. Especially if we can spend a bit of money smartly in January.

Cue Bulut getting into a massive barney with Tan and getting himself fired and being replaced by Morison in mid-October.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Coventry weren’t minus but they did play fewer games at the start as their pitch was messed up by rugby.

We’ve hired an actual manager with some experience and it’s showing. Little lesson for the future there
    Ah yes that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

That explains why Coventry were so low last year after 10 games. We were 18th and our 21st place finish was a good indication. However, what went wrong with Reading and QPR after starting reasonably well?