From The Riverside Stadium
    Live on Sky Sports App and Red Button

boro1.jpg

Match Officials:

TONY HARRINGTON
    James Mainwaring and Akil Howson
    Fourth official: Sunny Gill

Tickets:

https://tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/ - Until 5pm on Monday.

Tickets can be purchased on the day from the away ticket office at Middlesbrough.

Last game:

Cardiff City 2 - 0 Rotherham
    Cardiff City: Alnwick, Ng, McGuinness, Goutas, Collins, Siopis( Adams 87'), Wintle, Ralls © (Robinson 79'), Meite (Tanner 18'), Grant (Ugbo 87'), Etete. Subs not used: Runnarson, Romeo, Sawyers, Panzo, R Colwill.

Watford 2 - 3 Middlesbrough
    Middlesbrough: Dieng, van den Berg, Fry, McNair, O'Brien (Smith 36'), Howson, Hackney, Jones (Forss 78'), Crooks (Greenwood 86'), McGree, Coburn

Subs: Smith, Barlaser, Latte Lath, Rogers, Silvera, Forss, Glover, Engel, Greenwood

Opposition manager:

Michael Carrick

Re: MIDDLESBROUGH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

This is looking a lot tougher now than it might have done a week or so ago, though that works both ways for them as well.

I'd expect a couple changes with the turnaround and Watford next week, wouldn't be against Ralls or Wintle being rested with Ramsey out, don't want to burn one out particularly Ralls.

Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Adams
    Wintle

Robinson
    Etete
    Grant

Cant see Collins playing. More likely Panzo will play left back.
    Midfield I agree Adams may come in.
    Up top the manager might want to rest Etete after 2 tough games and start Ugbo with Tanner on wing.

One game too many for us. Middlesbrough have now found form. Thus 3-0 defeat unfortunately

The second half of the season is going to be a breeze after all this travelling.

Blackburn and Huddersfield away double header next up, with Preston/Sheff Wed and Hull away all still to come before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Cant see Collins playing. More likely Panzo will play left back.
    Midfield I agree Adams may come in.
    Up top the manager might want to rest Etete after 2 tough games and start Ugbo with Tanner on wing.
    I agree with you regarding Collins. If he plays, it will be a bonus.

I think Etete will start. He played very well in the last game and, of course, got a goal. The manager will be keen to see that form and confidence continue. Besides, he's not an aging player in his mid-30s, he should be able to cope with games at his age.

I think we win. Barely broke a sweat on Saturday. All part of Erol's masterplan.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I think we win. Barely broke a sweat on Saturday. All part of Erol's masterplan.
    If you’re on a good run the temptation will be to keep the same side, but I’d like to see Colwill and Robinson get a start.

I thought Collins might have come off towards the end of the game on Saturday, the fact he didn’t might indicate that he’s okay and that knock wasn’t as bad as it looked.

We’re in great form, Boro have just started to get their act together a point away will a good result,
    Although I’m hoping for 3 0 win

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If you’re on a good run the temptation will be to keep the same side, but I’d like to see Colwill and Robinson get a start.

I thought Collins might have come off towards the end of the game on Saturday, the fact he didn’t might indicate that he’s okay and that knock wasn’t as bad as it looked.

We’re in great form, Boro have just started to get their act together a point away will a good result,
    Although I’m hoping for 3 0 win
    No idea whether we'll see changes for this but Bulut did just bring in Etete over Ugbo during a win streak. I like it

https://www.mfc.co.uk/videos/80d63ec...7-31b5096eeea2

On the evidence of the highlights of Watford v 'Boro, we should go north without fear tomorrow and set out to keep our winning run intact.

Both teams scored decent goals (Magreedy for 'Boro scored 2 nice ones) but against shaky defences so the first goal could set the scene for another win.

Good to see the team flew to Boro.
    Due to back in Cardiff just after 1am Wednesday.
    Lot sooner than long suffering supporters!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/videos/80d63ec...7-31b5096eeea2

On the evidence of the highlights of Watford v 'Boro, we should go north without fear tomorrow and set out to keep our winning run intact.

Both teams scored decent goals (Magreedy for 'Boro scored 2 nice ones) but against shaky defences so the first goal could set the scene for another win.
    Attack! Attack! Attack needs to be the order of the day. Especially against Watford at home. They look like they are very shaky in defence, but can certainly score goals and create chances

Seen some off things on Twitter people suggesting we rest the likes of Goutas, Collins, Ralls, Siopis, Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Attack! Attack! Attack needs to be the order of the day. Especially against Watford at home. They look like they are very shaky in defence, but can certainly score goals and create chances
    it's the championship, anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Seen some off things on Twitter people suggesting we rest the likes of Goutas, Collins, Ralls, Siopis, Grant.
    Ralls and Grant wouldn't be the worst decisions ever, the other 3 if fit simply have to start every game until adequate replacements are brought in during the next transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Good to see the team flew to Boro.
    Due to back in Cardiff just after 1am Wednesday.
    Lot sooner than long suffering supporters!
    How many nutters, I mean fans are expected to travel? Think we took ~300 at a similar time last year.

I dream of the days I can follow City to Middlesbrough on a weekday.

No really.

I actually dream of it.

One day

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The non internationals can have a fortnight’s rest after Saturday, let’s try and keep this winning run going until then.

Can’t see Boro throwing this one away. Got to be a home win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Can’t see Boro throwing this one away. Got to be a home win for me.
    So that's it then.

is this a must win?

https://x.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1...033872910?s=20

Looks like Ralls at left back. Kieron Evans on the bench

Alnwick; Ng, Goutas, McGuinness, Ralls; Adams, Siopis, Wintle; Tanner, Etete, Grant.

Subs: Runarsson, Panzo, Romeo, Sawyers, Rinomhota, R. Colwill, Evans, Robinson, Ugbo.

Looking a bit stretched with those injuries.

Don't know why but I've got a bad vibe about this one. Just hope that Bulut can work his magic. If offered I would take a draw now.

A bit of a surprise that we've put Ralls in at left back ahead of Panzo