+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales, back to the Principality!!!! Thoughts

Wales, back to the Principality!!!! Thoughts

Re: Wales, back to the Principality!!!! Thoughts

The cost to the FAW won't come cheap and playing this uncompetitive game at the Principality Stadium wouldn't be the end of the world. Playing other games there beforehand is unnecessary imho.

The Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I see from the article that it could also be played in Patagonia, where there is a large amount of people there with Welsh roots.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8gDikmEtw7o

When we played Spain there in 2018, the Crowd was 50,000, too many for CCS but the atmosphere was terrible because of the sales policy. Think the crowd would be similar but they’d have to get the seat allocation right.

Would make sense if Messi is likely to feature.

If ticket cost is reasonable enough I'd urge anyone that hasn't seen him play live before to do so.

The article doesn't seem to offer much information though.

We may or not play Argentina. It may be here or there.

There's not many opponents around that could attract a crowd bigger than the capacity of the CCS. If the FAW are to use a game as a trial ahead of the UK Euros, then a game against the World Champions is one way of doing it.

Sounds sensible to me.

We all know Wales games are better at the CCS, but this is a one off and a chance to flog tickets to neutrals, students in the city and general Messi fans from around the UK.

Not my kind of thing, but it's probably there or nowhere so why not go for it?

Wasn't that Spain game a Thursday night as well?

I imagine a Friday or Saturday game against Argentina would sell better

Money making venture, that’s all

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    When we played Spain there in 2018, the Crowd was 50,000, too many for CCS but the atmosphere was terrible because of the sales policy. Think the crowd would be similar but they’d have to get the seat allocation right.
    Yeah ,the atmosphere was dead and a useful reminder of why Wales moved out in the first place. As a one-off to work out logistics of possibly hosting in 2028 it sounds sensible but it could never be a replacement for the CCS for competitive qualification games

a chance to earn a few quid for the FAW before the bubble bursts ? ? ?

Doesnt matter to me, a chance to see Messi play in real life, yes please ( though I am close to hitting go on our US trip )

I do miss the Millennium Stadium being sold out with a football crowd mind those days were a bit special, as bad as watching them play in front of 5k Vs Azerbaijan in there was!

May or May not play Argentina
    If they did it may be in Cardiff or Patagonia
    If it was in Cardiff it could be in the ccs like usual or could be in the mill stad…
    Jesus Christ it’s like writing a story about the meat tax

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I do miss the Millennium Stadium being sold out with a football crowd mind those days were a bit special, as bad as watching them play in front of 5k Vs Azerbaijan in there was!
    Was that when SFA played before the game? I don't recall the crowd being that low.

Had the 5k wrong - seeking it out it was the 2008 game with 17k gate - just felt like 5k it was an absolutely pitiful sight seeing the place so empty!

How many times did it sell out ??????

The one game against Ingurlund, there were more Ingurlish fans in the ground than Welsh

Bit of “rose tinted spectacles”, in that statement

How many times did it sell out ??????

The one game against Ingurlund, there were more Ingurlish fans in the ground than Welsh

Bit of “rose tinted spectacles”, in that statement
    Every match in 2003

Every match in 2003
    Well go to the foot of our stairs !!!!!

Whoopee, 5 or 6 f uck ing games, then as people pointed out, less than 20,000 looked embarrassing

If it happens, it's for a game against the World Champions who may have a certain genial hobbit playing.

Every kid in Wales will want to see Rosario's Frodo play.

It'll be a shiit atmosphere, the FA will try and rinse us of money (and succed in my case) and Messi will play probably 20 minutes.

I'm not too bothered and why anyone is frothing at the thought is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    If it happens, it's for a game against the World Champions who may have a certain genial hobbit playing.

Every kid in Wales will want to see Rosario's Frodo play.

It'll be a shiit atmosphere, the FA will try and rinse us of money (and succed in my case) and Messi will play probably 20 minutes.

I'm not too bothered and why anyone is frothing at the thought is just weird.
    I bet you call Mark, Dripford

Well go to the foot of our stairs !!!!!

Whoopee, 5 or 6 f uck ing games, then as people pointed out, less than 20,000 looked embarrassing
    Alright calm down, yes I was pointing out such. There were quite a number of games with crowds not sold out but of far more than 20+30,000 - and surely those are only good for hospitality businesses in the city centre!?

If it's a one-off, facing an Argentina led by Messi, it will very probably attract a large crowd. Whether it will sell out I don't know but I'm sure it will be enough to avoid embarrassment or lead to a poor atmosphere. If it was being proposed to move all Wales games there in future I think most would agree, and certainly those contributing to this thread, that it would be a bad idea causing embarrassment and spoiling what is usually an excellent atmosphere at the CCS. It's that simple isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I bet you call Mark, Dripford
    No, not at all.

I like Drakeford. He could do with a charisma transplant but his policies are OK with me especially the 20mph speed limit as it has most Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson fans frothing at the mouth. Whether or not the speed limit is s good idea, who fuucking cares but anything that upsets someone who watches grown men go 'vroom vroom' in cars or thinks Clarkson is a character is good by me.

Not sure about some getting whiney over the prospect of Wales playing at the Principality, it's a one off.

Lose against Croatia this month and they'll be lucky to sell out Parc Y Scarlets for the Turkey game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    No, not at all.

I like Drakeford. He could do with a charisma transplant but his policies are OK with me especially the 20mph speed limit as it has most Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson fans frothing at the mouth. Whether or not the speed limit is s good idea, who fuucking cares but anything that upsets someone who watches grown men go 'vroom vroom' in cars or thinks Clarkson is a character is good by me.

Not sure about some getting whiney over the prospect of Wales playing at the Principality, it's a one off.

Lose against Croatia this month and they'll be lucky to sell out Parc Y Scarlets for the Turkey game.
    Not keen on the genial hobbit or the Rosario Frodo then?