+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey, what's happening?

Re: Ramsey, what's happening?

Actually, having now seen his post game interview on the club website, Bulut says Ramsey won't need an operation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Actually, having now seen his post game interview on the club website, Bulut says Ramsey won't need an operation.
    That has to be great news. You'd fear that an operation and the recuperation period needed, might have signalled the end of his career.
    Let's hope he's not too far off from a return.

That's excellent news, Ramsey was missed last night. He has the ability to direct the game away from traffic, which would have been handy, as Boro were swarming us in midfield during the 2nd half, and we didn't have a player in there with that ability or intelligence.

That was a tired performance yesterday, even though Boro weren't that great, they definitely had more energy than us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’m glad we’ve managed to make this Page’s fault

He did say that but he also said they are still awaiting a medical report. Leaving aside how long that report is taking, I don't see how he can dismiss an op when they don't know the severity of the injury. I'm not suggesting he's lying, it just seems strange. He did sound definite about no op though.

🤞

I see Erol Bulut said after last night's game that he was hopeful that Ramsey wouldn't need an operation.
    That would probably suggest a grade 1 tear, not a 2 or 3. In which cases, as with other muscular tears, it is likely to be rest / icing / elevation, a stage of active recovery (light movements, then walking and cycling to get the blood flowing to the muscles & tendons), then weight training to strengthen / stabilise the area, before returning to individual exercises such as jogging / running / dynamic movements prior to team training.

That would often be the recovery path after a grade 1 injury.

Sadly we knew he would be effected by knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I wonder what sort of contract he is on? Would have made sense if the club had one in place that was a basic wage plus appearance money (or at least availability money...) with generous bonuses for games played. Suspect he will be out for several months - hope at least he can contribute something in training by mentoring some of the younger players.
    I dunno why the club didn't offer him a 'zero hours contract' and saved a bit of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I dunno why the club didn't offer him a 'zero hours contract' and saved a bit of money?
    probably because they wanted him to come and play for us, rather than tell us to piss off

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sadly we knew he would be effected by knocks.
    Ah, the old ‘knock on effect’

Quote Originally Posted by ashi83 View Post
    probably because they wanted him to come and play for us, rather than tell us to piss off
    Oh mate...

Quote Originally Posted by ashi83 View Post

Someone I know bumped into him this week, and Rambo told him 3 weeks. I saw the selfie they had taken.

I guess that makes me ITK now and so you all better start putting some respect on my name!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Someone I know bumped into him this week, and Rambo told him 3 weeks. I saw the selfie they had taken.

I guess that makes me ITK now and so you all better start putting some respect on my name!
    Respect.

International

Don't want him fit before the Internationals!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Rambo is only here because he wants to be here
    He would have had plenty of offers for bigger money than we could have dreamed of paying him.

Currently he has an injury, if it keeps him out for a few months and we have him back for the last few months of the season, we’re still bloody lucky to have him
    Hopefully he isn’t out for too long, but let’s face it we have the best player in the Championship here, it’s just unfortunate that we don’t have him week in week out, we’ll just have to settle for him coming back at the business end of the season, to drive us into a playoff spot
    How can he be the best player in the Championship when he spends more time in the treatment room than playing on the pitch ?
    As for the” best player” tag, there would be more than a few fans from other clubs ,who would be laughing at your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Don't want him fit before the Internationals!
    Neither do I

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Neither do I
    Let him concentrate on Cardiff City ahead of Wales.

I hope he retires from international football

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Let him concentrate on Cardiff City ahead of Wales.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’m glad we’ve managed to make this Page’s fault
    I’m right, aren’t I?

I'm currently recovering from a ruptured patella tendon on the left knee on the 19th August. I can barely hobble upstairs after six weeks. Won't be back at work for at least another 4 weeks though did manage to lift my left foot unaided for the first time this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I’m right, aren’t I?
    It isn't Wales' fault that he hurt himself in a Cardiff City training session

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I'm currently recovering from a ruptured patella tendon on the left knee on the 19th August. I can barely hobble upstairs after six weeks. Won't be back at work for at least another 4 weeks though did manage to lift my left foot unaided for the first time this morning
    I wish you a speedy recovery.

However, seeing as Ramsey has been seen out-and-about, and indeed had a 'selfie" with a City fan telling him that he should be back in 3 weeks, suggests his injury is not affecting him in the way yours is, thankfully.

Page seems to think he will be back November.