+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Simpson

Jack Simpson

https://x.com/faspokesperson/status/...3FBP0ioR4iDB5A

Charged with abusing his teammate, at the time. Investigation into whether this was racial.

Re: Jack Simpson

That explains the sudden departure and very curt announcement.

Well that’s the reason for the quick exit and no thank you message.

It says pre season though, wasn’t he involved in squads after pre season? Or maybe I just thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

It says pre season though, wasn’t he involved in squads after pre season? Or maybe I just thought he was.
    played 90 minutes against Colchester and 13 minutes against Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Depends when the complaints were made I guess.
    His last involvement for us was giving away the free kick, and getting booked, that led to Leicesters last minute winner in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    played 90 minutes against Colchester and 13 minutes against Leicester
    Yes very true.

There was certainly a change of tone for his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Depends when the complaints were made I guess.
    His last involvement for us was giving away the free kick, and getting booked, that led to Leicesters last minute winner in August.
    To go from first team squad member to that one line dismissal on the club website in a few days makes it seem like it took a while for whatever happened to come to light.

His career has been such an odd one, from looking a real prospect as a teenager to this in his mid twenties, especially when you consider that left sided centre backs are like gold dust these days. There were times at City where he showed signs of the qualities that got him an England under 21 cap, but the next expensive mistake was always just around the corner - I wouldn’t be surprised if his pro career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To go from first team squad member to that one line dismissal on the club website in a few days makes it seem like it took a while for whatever happened to come to light.
    In terms of when it happened and how long then if it was subject to an internal investigation then it could have taken a couple of weeks to establish the facts before then making a decision

still without a club, which is strange, unless the football world knew this was coming

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    still without a club, which is strange, unless the football world knew this was coming
    Not really, he’s utterly shite.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The 'Football World' and Jack Simpson.... nah....

He was crap anyway.

As my 25 year old son told me tonight who is still young in my eyes

He’s a 25 year old lad
    His world is collapsing around him
    He’s gone from a highly rated footballer to a nothing in a matter of months

He has without doubt read the Rangers fans calling him the worst ever player to wear their shirt and now reading how crap Cardiff fans think he is

If he has done something very stupid the repercussions are going to be severe and his football career could be over

I’m not joining in the pile on

I’m guessing he’s in a pretty dark place

Shocking given the number of black players we have, and the year we're in. Hope he can sort his ways, and in the meantime he deserves the pain he will be feeling as a consequence.

Totally unconvincing as a centre back - had the build and look of a lad still in high school - may be ok for lower leagues but you need big strong men as your centre backs in the Championship & above.

Maybe he called one of the Welsh lads a sheep shagger.