+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U2 - The Sphere, Stupid Ticket Prices

Re: U2 - The Sphere, Stupid Ticket Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    There are tickets going for over $1000, apparently. Would you go and see anyone for that amount of money?
    Id happily pay a grand to see a Jam or Smiths reunion. But my money is safe!

i see the Happy Mondays / Inspiral Carpets doing the rounds next year too for those interested

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    saw them on the October tour 82/83 paid about 7 quid. Can't argue with that cos they were good back then. i wouldn't pay 50p to see them today. Rather watch a new band with energy.
    I also saw them on that tour in 1983 in the Portsmouth Guildhall, it was to promote the War Album, they were fantastic, very rocky/ punky.

Next time was Live Aid in 85 and then at Wembley Stadium in 87 for the Joshua tree tour when they had hit the big time. Again they were fantastic, though not as much fun in a massive stadium as in a smaller venue.

I didn’t like their later stuff but you’ve got to admire their longevity , the ability to keep reinventing themselves and the fact they haven’t fallen out and are still together after all this time - which is very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I also saw them on that tour in 1983 in the Portsmouth Guildhall, it was to promote the War Album, they were fantastic, very rocky/ punky.

Next time was Live Aid in 85 and then at Wembley Stadium in 87 for the Joshua tree tour when they had hit the big time. Again they were fantastic, though not as much fun in a massive stadium as in a smaller venue.

I didn’t like their later stuff but you’ve got to admire their longevity , the ability to keep reinventing themselves and the fact they haven’t fallen out and are still together after all this time - which is very impressive!
    Bono's boys band sound a bit like early U2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDU4-MOFb0Y

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

i don't think i've listened to any of their stuff for about 20 years. A bit like the rolling stones , once they discovered the US market it was geared for the US. Not my bag anymore.

I saw them at the Arms Park on the Zooropa tour in 1993 and they looked totally disinterested. It was a rubbish gig.
    The Stereo MC’s were supporting and were the highlight. Trouble is, I’d seen them at Terminal 396 a few months earlier.
    They lost it after Zooropa, although Pop! had some decent tracks. Their newest single is like wallpaper, despite taking the melody off Blondie’s ‘Call Me’ (with Debbie Harry being credited as a Co-writer) for the chorus.

Tax dodging bastards

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tax dodging bastards