+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the point of signing Ramsey ?

What was the point of signing Ramsey ?

He clearly has a poor injury record which is up there with the best of them. Didn’t the hierarchy in Leckwith take that into account ? For that reason alone, he’s going to be spending more time off the pitch ,than on it. It appears to me that his weekly wage would have been better spent on someone else ,that is going to be more value to the team, someone younger who is less injury prone, most of the time. It appears to me that those fans on here who care about the club, are getting restless with his situation, if only for the fact that there is little or no information coming from the treatment room.

Re: What was the point of signing Ramsey ?

Are you actually serious !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He clearly has a poor injury record which is up there with the best of them. Didn’t the hierarchy in Leckwith take that into account ? For that reason alone, he’s going to be spending more time off the pitch ,than on it. It appears to me that his weekly wage would have been better spent on someone else ,that is going to be more value to the team, someone younger who is less injury prone, most of the time. It appears to me that those fans on here who care about the club, are getting restless with his situation, if only for the fact that there is little or no information coming from the treatment room.
    He was never going to play every game…..ffs!

gotta agree with the OP 100%

i bet man city are having the same thoughts about Harland

If he's back soon, then it's probably been a worthwhile signing - 25 league appearances would be an acceptable figure I think. It also depends on his wages. I'm guessing it's not 'market value', and that's the reason the deal was struck. If we're paying something like 30 or 40 grand a week, then yes, one or even two quality signings may have been better overall.

So far it has been worth it, lifted the club a little and has shown flashes of quality. His fitness was improving.

It's not a stupid question if in March he hasn't returned but now it's incredibly eary.

We could of course have signed younger, promising players on loan like Bowler who have barely kicked a ball.

Would be interested to see a list of players we could have got on a free or loan with no fee on similar wages.. my guess is very few if any who would have had close to the same impact on and off the field.

Was always going to be a gamble, we knew that. But I don’t know if you get any of the positivity around the club plus a couple of the good early results already without him being signed.

My 10 year old boy has loved it. That's been more than enough for me.

You gotta be fishing?

Ivor is a Jack

[QUOTE=LA Bluebird[/QUOTE]

A question about your username;

Are you in LA?

Replied to PM mate. Short answer not any more for last year or so but still have lots of ties to the area.

He's world class

If he gets to play a third of our games this season then the influence will still be immense

I hope he's chilling because we are privileged to have him

I'd imagine that the primary reason for him is to give the club a lift, so I actually see him more as an ambassador who occasionally plays and I'm content with that.

Ramsey must have a very bad illness.

Fml.
    Some of our fans are unreal

I believe the main point was that we needed a creative midfielder.
    More importantly, are you well?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I believe the main point was that we needed a creative midfielder.
    More importantly, are you well?
    He's not

Over the years we have had some attention seeking members, but surely this takes the biscuit

all attention Is good attention

It's a question for the end of the season, not at the moment. So far, he's been more than worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Over the years we have had some attention seeking members, but surely this takes the biscuit

all attention Is good attention
    Surprised people are taking this clown seriously

He scored against the White shite that'll do for me.

Maybe you should be asking the same question, but regarding Joe Allen, who plays for your team Swansea Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    gotta agree with the OP 100%

i bet man city are having the same thoughts about Harland
    It's Haaland not Harland Blooturd

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'd imagine that the primary reason for him is to give the club a lift, so I actually see him more as an ambassador who occasionally plays and I'm content with that.
    100% - I can guarantee even if he didn't kick a ball his value for all sorts of reason is immense

Look at our unexpected position in the league.