+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the point of signing Ramsey ?

Re: What was the point of signing Ramsey ?

The point was to get more bums on seats with increased season ticket sales; I'm not sure that has worked out but when he has played he's been magnificent so maybe that's a bonus. The hope is he can play more games.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It's Haaland not Harland Blooturd
    He might be referring to Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    He scored against the White shite that'll do for me.
    As much as I didn't want to narrow it down to that, the nonchalant penalty alone was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    As much as I didn't want to narrow it down to that, the nonchalant penalty alone was worth it
    Agreed, it was pure class. Ramsey is on another level to the rest of our players and other championship teams, I will be happy if he plays in half our games

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He clearly has a poor injury record which is up there with the best of them. Didn’t the hierarchy in Leckwith take that into account ? For that reason alone, he’s going to be spending more time off the pitch ,than on it. It appears to me that his weekly wage would have been better spent on someone else ,that is going to be more value to the team, someone younger who is less injury prone, most of the time. It appears to me that those fans on here who care about the club, are getting restless with his situation, if only for the fact that there is little or no information coming from the treatment room.
    My god do me a favour mate give us a lend of that crystal ball before I fill out this week’s lottery ticket

Rambo has already made his mark on the club

He's given us a bit of class and stability for the first vital set of games

The points are on the board and we have had a very solid start and a big part of that is down to him

Now he's away from the team for a few months and the likes of colwill have their chance

Bluebirds

To be fair, to the OP, he's not disputing the qualities of Ramsay but the opportunity cost of signing him when taking into account a full season.
    It's not an outrageous question.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    To be fair, to the OP, he's not disputing the qualities of Ramsay but the opportunity cost of signing him.
    It's not an outrageous position.
    It’s Ivortheengine FFS.

If he hasn’t managed to come out with an outrageous position he has wasted his time!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    To be fair, to the OP, he's not disputing the qualities of Ramsay but the opportunity cost of signing him when taking into account a full season.
    It's not an outrageous question.
    What was the opportunity cost of signing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    What was the opportunity cost of signing him?
    Possibly paying the wages of other players who can could have signed and probably played more matches this season.