+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WATFORD. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

The break's definitely comes at a good time for us.

League 2 fans would’ve walked out of that. Truly shocking from both teams. They can’t be tired after Boro, it was as bad up there for drive and urgency (or lack of)

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Jet lag

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Jet lag
    I believe it's called "Private Jet Lag" and apparently quite relaxing.

By no way Colwills biggest fan but Sawyers before him is baffling.

Had to miss today, but we've been playing way above our pay grade up until recently. An awful lot rests on Siopsis with Ramsey absent, and let's be honest, we haven't really got a recognised striker.

WOL said "Ike Ugbo 7 - Did a lot of hard graft off the ball. Held the ball up well, challenged the Hornets' towering defenders in the air with aplomb, too. A good outing"
    They must have been watching a different match. I didn't see him challenging their defenders.
    Lots of long balls from Anwick. He stood there while they jumped for headers

Just back from watching what only be called a dire performance, don't think there goalie made a save. If we carry on defending so deeply then the bottom 3 beckons

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    WOL said "Ike Ugbo 7 - Did a lot of hard graft off the ball. Held the ball up well, challenged the Hornets' towering defenders in the air with aplomb, too. A good outing"
    They must have been watching a different match. I didn't see him challenging their defenders.
    Can’t believe what I’ve just read with those ratings. Knock two off everyone’s marks and you start to get close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You wonder why he's been given an extension or not sent out on loan if he's that far down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Genuinely no idea what game they've watched there. Laughable but not surprising for that rag.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Mick Bulut

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WATFORD. Match thread

The quicker Wintle is dropped the better he contributes absolutely nothing.

Apparently Bulut said Colwill "is ‘a good young player’ but he’s not being picked atm because he’s ‘not at the level I want’."
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...94947106471965

Bulut tells it like it is
    "This can happen," Bulut said of the Bayo goal. "But also we played too many balls back to the goalkeeper, I said to my defenders it was not necessary to play so many balls back, we needed to use more balls up front and in behind the defence. It happened. The opponent didn't create the chances, we created the chances for the opponent.

"I have to have individual meetings with them [the players] to ask why. Because when we can play the ball forward, we have to play forward and not back. Only if we want to switch the game we can use the goalkeeper, but not too much. Maybe to be secure we play back, but if we can push, we have to push."
    "If you see these 11 games, if you ask if I am satisfied, yes I am, but not with what we showed today," he said. "Not with this performance. This I don't want. Even if we lose points, we have to show fighting spirit and we didn't show it after 35 minutes. This I don't like."
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bFhvMvpRizmr_s

I thought we were pretty good in the first half
    2nd half wasn’t great
    But normality resumed on here very quickly!

Poor game, we played really badly so I guess a point isn’t the worst outcome. I thought Robison was terrible when he came on, I’ve never been a massive fan but is he over that injury? Their number 4 was huge, we never should have been hitting high balls near him but should have been pulling him out wide instead. Yes the break comes at a good time but I think injuries are going to potentially show up how thin the squad is.

Not great today but kept a point. That's 13 from a possible 18 in our last six matches. Some people need a reality check.

Have to say though that Bulut says it as it is....

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Poor game, we played really badly so I guess a point isn’t the worst outcome. I thought Robison was terrible when he came on, I’ve never been a massive fan but is he over that injury? Their number 4 was huge, we never should have been hitting high balls near him but should have been pulling him out wide instead. Yes the break comes at a good time but I think injuries are going to potentially show up how thin the squad is.
    Don’t want to be overly critical of a player trying to get back from injury but he didn’t look interested today, bottled almost every single 50/50 and nearly cost us near the end where he didn’t even try to check to a pass and let the CB come through and Watford break… you do wonder exactly what is going on there as he’s a quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Apparently Bulut said Colwill "is ‘a good young player’ but he’s not being picked atm because he’s ‘not at the level I want’."
    https://twitter.com/PaulAbbandonato/...94947106471965
    And Sawyers is at the level? Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Not great today but kept a point. That's 13 from a possible 18 in our last six matches. Some people need a reality check.
    One point from the last 6. That’s the reality, and looking off the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Don’t want to be overly critical of a player trying to get back from injury but he didn’t look interested today, bottled almost every single 50/50 and nearly cost us near the end where he didn’t even try to check to a pass and let the CB come through and Watford break… you do wonder exactly what is going on there as he’s a quality player.
    Spot on. I don’t like to single out individual players, but I thought the same when he came on last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    get Ugbo off for bowler and push Robinson up front
    Nobody told the team he was coming on - should have been swinging it out to him at every opportunity, I think he received the ball once or maybe twice in his 20 minutes...

Need leaders on the pitch...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Nobody told the team he was coming on - should have been swinging it out to him at every opportunity, I think he received the ball once or maybe twice in his 20 minutes...

Need leaders on the pitch...
    I was talking about Bowler not Robbo