+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WATFORD. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 WATFORD. Match thread

Interesting views from Bulut. He certainly needs to have a word about their negative approach. Every free kick seems to go backwards. It seems any attack forms accidentally. The bench I thought would add to the side haven’t made any impression.

Just seen the goal, ffs Alnick, wasn’t even under pressure, he gave it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    The quicker Wintle is dropped the better he contributes absolutely nothing.
    I agree.

He's the only regular starter that I don't feel confident in.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    WOL said "Ike Ugbo 7 - Did a lot of hard graft off the ball. Held the ball up well, challenged the Hornets' towering defenders in the air with aplomb, too. A good outing"
    They must have been watching a different match. I didn't see him challenging their defenders.
    Lots of long balls from Anwick. He stood there while they jumped for headers
    I was at tge game, Ugbo dud feck all, Katy rwat

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Lazy twat

Lazy twat
    I like the insult Katy rwat 😁

If anyone thought Ugbo was worth anything more than a 3 there living in cloud cuckoo land

He was awful

Wintle was a waist of space, and why we watched Colwill run up and down again on the touch line and then saw Sawyersbeing introduced was just baffling?????

Sawyers is so poor it’s untrue

There were 3 points on offer today and we threw two away and gifted Watford one

Wintle as the most advanced midfielder kills us.

His best games have been sitting in front of the back 4 shuffling passes sideways, but Siopis is levels above him.

Ralls is a better 8 but father time is catching up with him, playing Wintle as a 10 is madness, I know Erol says two 8's but its not, its three defensive-minded central players with no one linking the midfield and attack

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Interesting views from Bulut. He certainly needs to have a word about their negative approach. Every free kick seems to go backwards. It seems any attack forms accidentally. The bench I thought would add to the side haven’t made any impression.
    Agree and I'm glad Bulut mentioned it. Playing that way will only end in tears. I hope Bulut puts an end to it straightaway.

Thought we were awful Tuesday and awful today. Wintle at 10 is a farce. He’s quoted after game saying don’t be negative. He is setting the tone with his bloody selection. Rambo injured. Play Rubin. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Thought we were awful Tuesday and awful today. Wintle at 10 is a farce. He’s quoted after game saying don’t be negative. He is setting the tone with his bloody selection. Rambo injured. Play Rubin. End of.
    I think that was more to do with the defence passing it about.

Don’t think I’d start Colwill either, just doesn’t do enough. Sadly Robinson also struggling, we lack options.

I can't argue with any of this. I too thought we were awful on Tuesday, and were even worse today - we seem to have lost our way somewhat in recent games, and personally, I don't think any player rated above a 5. Bulut continues to amaze with his weird decisions, and there are a lot of questions be be asked - Why on earth does he let Ugbo anywhere near the pitch on match days? Why does Colwill never get a run out? Who decided Wintle was a Number 10? And why does Grant keep getting picked?
    But we have the international break now to reset, and get back into that winning mindset, and you have to hope Bulut makes some sensible changes when we come back. We should have won six points in the last two gams. but instead ended up with just the one. Not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I can't argue with any of this. I too thought we were awful on Tuesday, and were even worse today - we seem to have lost our way somewhat in recent games, and personally, I don't think any player rated above a 5. Bulut continues to amaze with his weird decisions, and there are a lot of questions be be asked - Why on earth does he let Ugbo anywhere near the pitch on match days? Why does Colwill never get a run out? Who decided Wintle was a Number 10? And why does Grant keep getting picked?
    But we have the international break now to reset, and get back into that winning mindset, and you have to hope Bulut makes some sensible changes when we come back. We should have won six points in the last two gams. but instead ended p with just the one.
    What would your team have been today out of interest? Let’s assume Bowler isn’t fit to start.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And Sawyers is at the level? Baffling.
    Exactly. How Sawyers can be picked ahead of their respective performances against Blackburn is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What would your team have been today out of interest? Let’s assume Bowler isn’t fit to start.
    Same keeper and back 4. Siopis and ralls OR wintle not bloody AND. (Ralls for me every time). Tanner, Robinson and colwill at 10 behind Ugbo as Etete injured. We’re at home to a woefully out of form Watford. Have some belief.

Same keeper and back 4. Siopis and ralls OR wintle not bloody AND. (Ralls for me every time). Tanner, Robinson and colwill at 10 behind Ugbo as Etete injured. We’re at home to a woefully out of form Watford. Have some belief.
    I thought Watford bossed us today, particularly second half. Grant and Ugbo should be rested for a number of games and there's a question mark over Bulut's love in with Sawyers. It reminds me of Lamouchi's love in with Ojo and that didn't do us any good.

Interesting, thought Robinson was woeful. Think we would have struggled even more with Colwill starting.

i put that thru my head and we would have lost 25-0

Interesting, thought Robinson was woeful. Think we would have struggled even more with Colwill starting.
    I agree, I thought Robinson was awful by full time. But I would have started with him before the game. Ahead of teachers pet grant. And how will we ever know about Rubin if he’s never given a bloody chance and a run of games. He’s creative. Take some risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought Watford bossed us today, particularly second half. Grant and Ugbo should be rested for a number of games and there's a question mark over Bulut's love in with Sawyers. It reminds me of Lamouchi's love in with Ojo and that didn't do us any good.
    He was trying to get shot of Sawyers during the transfer window wasn't he?

I agree, I thought Robinson was awful by full time. But I would have started with him before the game. Ahead of teachers pet grant. And how will we ever know about Rubin if he’s never given a bloody chance and a run of games. He’s creative. Take some risks.
    I guess he and the managers before him decide his creativity isn’t worth his lack of defensive play or pressing. If you want a free role you need to be a Taarabt at this level, is he? No where near imo. Bulut and previously managers have seen more of him than us. Although I do agree Sawyers as a sub ahead of him is odd but again shows his lack of trust. He should have been sent out on loan imo to a league 2 club to play every game.

Risk I get but that risk may have got us a win, may have also lost us a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He was trying to get shot of Sawyers during the transfer window wasn't he?
    Yes they wanted him off the wage bill, as they couldn’t he may as well be used it Bulut thinks he’s better than others.

I guess he and the managers before him decide his creativity isn’t worth his lack of defensive play or pressing. If you want a free role you need to be a Taarabt at this level, is he? No where near imo. Bulut and previously managers have seen more of him than us. Although I do agree Sawyers as a sub ahead of him is odd but again shows his lack of trust. He should have been sent out on loan imo to a league 2 club to play every game.

Risk I get but that risk may have got us a win, may have also lost us a point.
    As a fan I’d rather go for the win even if you risk the loss. Fair enough if you don’t rate Rubin, but no way is he league 2. Dramatically better. Personally for me he could start and I defy anyone to convince me Ryan bloody wintle is a better no.10 than him.

They were all awful with exception of the centre backs. I think Goutas played particularly well.

The lack of rotation due to injuries played a big factor as it was obvious that they were knackered.

I welcome the international break even though watching Wales at the moment will be a struggle.
    I really hope Siopis gets a bit of a rest as he was struggling too.

We will look like a better team with some rest, I’m sure of that.

Wintle and Ralls shouldn’t be in the same line up. They are both capable in what they do…but not together.

Colwill has a big chance in Ramsey’s absence. It’s up to him to push and win the shirt!

Edit…Tanner did ok and Collins was clearly still carrying an injury.

I agree with the manager ref Colwill. He has to work a lot harder on the pitch if he wants to become a first team player.