Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Of course I read it. It only took thirty seconds and why would I comment on it without reading it?

I disagree with her. That's a valid position to take. Most Jewish people would likely disagree with her. Many wouldn't, and that's all fine

I don't think you need to view everything through the prism of Zionism. In this case it's a nation responding to an attack. Personally I think pretty much every government in the middle east is guilty of horrific crimes against its own or other people. Labelling one of them as Nazis, especially when that state was created in response to nazi crimes is not helpful. It hasn't helped, it won't help, if anything it inflames it.

So no, I don't endorse what she says at all, but if you think it's helpful to make such statements then you are free to do so, but it won't save a single damned life.
If you read the quote from Margolyes you didn't respond to it. You just abused her and then accused her of saying something she didn't.

'The prism of Zionism' is a very useful way of understanding Israel and its backers. Zionism is the political ideology of the Israeli state - the one that leads to ethnic cleansing, apartheid and colonial expansion. It is an ideology shared by many 'western' leaders as well as many evangelical Christians. It includes Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence from the Trump administration, Keir Starmer, Robert Jenrick, Suella Braverman and large parts of the US Republican Party and other leading 'western' politicians.

Who labelled the Israeli government or state as Nazis? I didn't (I said there are fascists in the government not that the government is fascist - not that it makes any difference to the dead kids in Gaza) and I have read back the last few pages of this thread and I can't see anyone else did. You invented that to have a straw man target you could attack.