+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

I am a regular watcher of Al Jazeera TV. They have reporters actually on the ground in Gaza, not safely tucked away in Jerusalem somewhere, hence I believe we get a good picture of what's actually going on. Obviously they, and the experts who join in on the various discussion sessions, are completely pro-Palestinian and seem to be in denial that Hamas fighters are embedded within the population, hiding in tunnels etc. I have yet to see anyone who puts forward the Israeli viewpoint on there!

Leaving that aside, this morning we were shown scenes of the aftermath of the Israeli bombardment of the camp in Rafah last night. The scenes are normally very harrowing so there is very rarely any warning about upsetting content but such a warning was issued this morning. We witnessed tiny tots who were completely traumatised, some with fixed stares and others screaming hysterically. It was reported that one little one had said he would rather be dead than to go on living. I just could not watch for more than a few minutes, it broke my heart and I couldn't see through the tears anyway.

It left me so angry but completely impotent about the situation other than to pray for a cessation of this insanity. There is the innocent blood of children on the hands of both sides in this conflict. I still pray that our government may yet seriously consider the idea of finding foster carers for orphaned Palestinian children along the lines of the Kindertransport scheme in WW2, as, whatever the end game is, there are going to be thousands of traumatised orphans. There must surely be lots of Arabic speaking families, not just in the UK but all over Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I am a regular watcher of Al Jazeera TV. They have reporters actually on the ground in Gaza, not safely tucked away in Jerusalem somewhere, hence I believe we get a good picture of what's actually going on. Obviously they, and the experts who join in on the various discussion sessions, are completely pro-Palestinian and seem to be in denial that Hamas fighters are embedded within the population, hiding in tunnels etc. I have yet to see anyone who puts forward the Israeli viewpoint on there!

Leaving that aside, this morning we were shown scenes of the aftermath of the Israeli bombardment of the camp in Rafah last night. The scenes are normally very harrowing so there is very rarely any warning about upsetting content but such a warning was issued this morning. We witnessed tiny tots who were completely traumatised, some with fixed stares and others screaming hysterically. It was reported that one little one had said he would rather be dead than to go on living. I just could not watch for more than a few minutes, it broke my heart and I couldn't see through the tears anyway.

It left me so angry but completely impotent about the situation other than to pray for a cessation of this insanity. There is the innocent blood of children on the hands of both sides in this conflict. I still pray that our government may yet seriously consider the idea of finding foster carers for orphaned Palestinian children along the lines of the Kindertransport scheme in WW2, as, whatever the end game is, there are going to be thousands of traumatised orphans. There must surely be lots of Arabic speaking families, not just in the UK but all over Europe.
    Fantastic post.The way to end this is to give the Palestinians a separate land.
    Hopefully then sit down and talk. I know it will never happen,but Northern Ireland was just a dream look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Fantastic post.The way to end this is to give the Palestinians a separate land.
    Hopefully then sit down and talk. I know it will never happen,but Northern Ireland was just a dream look what happened.
    Arab_Israel2.jpg

I agree that a solution must be found, and soon, however the "Blues" are hardly a major player when it comes to land, even Wales is slightly bigger, yet Israel has a population more than double the size of Wales.

Interesting article on the BBC news website regarding the construction of that walled enclosure in Egypt near the Rafah crossing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68375460

The Egyptians appear to deny that its purpose is to house refugees from Gaza, claiming it is simply an area to store humanitarian aid. It does seem rather large for such a purpose, so who knows.