+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitler.

Hitler.

He was a little shit, wasn't he!?

Why am I talking about the dirty get now?

We'll, it's because I've been tucked up in bed recovering from flu and have been following a series on Netflix called "How to become a Tyrant" which is presented in a very dynamic way, unlike traditional documentaries about the 'edda.

Give it a watch.

*other nasty bastards are available.

Re: Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

We'll, it's because I've been tucked up in bed recovering from flu and have been following a series on Netflix called "How to become a Tyrant" which is presented in a very dynamic way, unlike traditional documentaries about the 'edda.

Give it a watch.

I loved the one set in the Spring!

Edit: hope you feel better soon. Picked up the bug last week.

By co-incidence, I learned this evening that the forename 'Adolf' is not on the official list of names that parents in Germany can give to their child.

Give it a watch.

Who’d have thought we’d have another little shit from the same cnut factory 80 years later eh?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who’d have thought we’d have another little shit from the same cnut factory 80 years later eh?
    Which one? There are a few of the sods hanging 'round.

Which one? There are a few of the sods hanging 'round.
    Yeah I did think that post post, but I think one stands out from the rest as he’s invaded the neighbouring country and killed 1000’s of innocent people whilst trying to tell the world he’s the one whose been attacked…..just hope I see the day he gets taken out

Yeah I did think that post post, but I think one stands out from the rest as he’s invaded the neighbouring country and killed 1000’s of innocent people whilst trying to tell the world he’s the one whose been attacked…..just hope I see the day he gets taken out
    Netanyahu?

I see what you are getting at Jon, could be either couldn’t it. No doubt Israel have gone way too far with their response but Hamas knew this would happen w hen they started it, just hoping for an all out war in the Middle East, almost got it, probably will soon.
    Ukraine however, did nothing to cause new Hitler to kill tens of thousands of innocent people and bring the world to the brink of ww3.

I see what you are getting at Jon, could be either couldn’t it. No doubt Israel have gone way too far with their response but Hamas knew this would happen w hen they started it, just hoping for an all out war in the Middle East, almost got it, probably will soon.
    Ukraine however, did nothing to cause new Hitler to kill tens of thousands of innocent people and bring the world to the brink of ww3.
    I agree with you about Putin, but I think there is massive hypocrisy in 'western' governments about their different treatment of Israel and Russia - especially when responding to clear breaches of international law. One is condemned, one is given arms and diplomatic cover; one is 'an enemy', one is 'an ally'. Taking nothing away from 7 October, in both cases there is history and context. Donbas 2014 does not justify Russian imperial aggression and war crimes; the Hamas attack does not justify genocide and other war crimes (and 75 years of ethnic cleansing and oppression).

I watched the documentary '20 Days In Mariupol' yesterday - the film record of a group of Ukranian photo journalists as the Russians encircled then captured the city. I had heard about it for a while and it came through on Sky Films. Harrowing but well worth watching.
    It also has a few of the 'Comical Ali' quotes of Russian politicians denouncing the video evidence they got out as 'false news' - very similar to what we have seen from Tel Aviv.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with you about Putin, but I think there is massive hypocrisy in 'western' governments about their different treatment of Israel and Russia - especially when responding to clear breaches of international law. One is condemned, one is given arms and diplomatic cover; one is 'an enemy', one is 'an ally'. Taking nothing away from 7 October, in both cases there is history and context. Donbas 2014 does not justify Russian imperial aggression and war crimes; the Hamas attack does not justify genocide and other war crimes (and 75 years of ethnic cleansing and oppression).

I watched the documentary '20 Days In Mariupol' yesterday - the film record of a group of Ukranian photo journalists as the Russians encircled then captured the city. I had heard about it for a while and it came through on Sky Films. Harrowing but well worth watching.
    It also has a few of the 'Comical Ali' quotes of Russian politicians denouncing the video evidence they got out as 'false news' - very similar to what we have seen from Tel Aviv.
    I’ve seen that film too, crazy stuff. I agree also the comparison between what both countries are doing, Russia rightly condemned by any sane person, just because they don’t like Zelenskyy they think it’s ok to attack the country as a form of defence against nato encroachment . Now Israel is condemned too having gone to far, it’s almost like Israel gets a pass because of historical atrocities taken out on their people, something I actually know a lot about as I have family who fled Germany in the 30’s to start new lives in cardiff, New York and S Africa. Everyone knows Israel don’t need any encouragement to wipe Gaza off the face of the earth, you can bet they’ve wanted to do it for years, ever since Hamas took over. They won’t stop either and will no doubt look ironically at Russia thinking well if they can can away with it whilst not under attack, surely we can after being attacked? Seems like they will.
    It’s a messed up world at the moment. A guy I work with knows two Ukrainians, we met up for some food and drinks last week, one moved his family over, the others are still there as his kids love school there, he lost his business and some loved ones. He can’t even talk about it, in fact he had to leave during the meal as he got so upset just talking about it……

No one comes anywhere near Hitler, its naive and very poor taste to even compare his ideology with anyone since .

Sorry to all those who display antisemitism with every word they type and crave for some comparison to the babarain , gassing / massacring 6 million jews , just because of what they were , not matter if they were germans ,children , edeley ,infirmed, disabled ..

27 million Russians died because of his appalling behaviour, 19 million were civilians .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No one comes anywhere near Hitler, its naive and very poor taste to even compare his ideology with anyone since .

Sorry to all those who display antisemitism with every word they type and crave for some comparison to the babarain , gassing / massacring 6 million jews , just because of what they were , not matter if they were germans ,children , edeley ,infirmed, disabled ..

27 million Russians died because of his appalling behaviour, 19 million were civilians .
    Couldn't agree more. It's all best cringy when people make such comparisons, at worst ignorant.

He was the worst of the worst, although interestingly not the most murderous leader in history. He comes in third for that. Can anyone name the top two?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's all best cringy when people make such comparisons, at worst ignorant.

He was the worst of the worst, although interestingly not the most murderous leader in history. He comes in third for that. Can anyone name the top two?
    Thatcher

Norman Tebbit

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Putin is not a Hitler (although he is a murderous authoritarian Russian nationalist); Netanyahu is not a fascist (unlike some of his government, he is 'just' a murderous, authoritarian Jewish nationalist). Both are 'little shits' though to use Bill's expression.

But it is blind ignorance to claim that Hitler's ideology died with him and his party. There are plenty of modern Nazis and neo-Nazis (a description that LOM always chokes on for some reason). But they do not hold major governmental power, or have the ability to carry out atrocities on the scale of the Nazis. There are many admirers of Hitler in the world today and the ideology that shaped the Nazis. In my opinion the rise of right wing populism (it is different on the left) feeds that and has many echoes of 1920s/30s Europe.

But legitimate comparisons with the ideas and actions of people in the past help us to understand what is happening today. I think some features of the regimes in Russia, in Israel and in other countries mirror those in Nazi Germany - but there are also major differences.

Under the 'new anti semitism' (the one where any criticism of Israel or Zionism - including from Jewish people - is now labelled anti semitic) that cannot be said and you end up with newspeak and the pathetic slurs that people like LOM throw out. When one of the board's most consistent racists (and misogynists) calls others racist you know it is time to turn the irony meter to max.

On the 'most murderous leader' in history I expect Stalin is up there, maybe with Mao or Genghis Khan? But I expect Queen Victoria has been given a free pass?

These shouts of antisemitism are getting tiresome.

Putin is not a Hitler (although he is a murderous authoritarian Russian nationalist); Netanyahu is not a fascist (unlike some of his government, he is 'just' a murderous, authoritarian Jewish nationalist). Both are 'little shits' though to use Bill's expression.

But it is blind ignorance to claim that Hitler's ideology died with him and his party. There are plenty of modern Nazis and neo-Nazis (a description that LOM always chokes on for some reason). But they do not hold major governmental power, or have the ability to carry out atrocities on the scale of the Nazis. There are many admirers of Hitler in the world today and the ideology that shaped the Nazis. In my opinion the rise of right wing populism (it is different on the left) feeds that and has many echoes of 1920s/30s Europe.

But legitimate comparisons with the ideas and actions of people in the past help us to understand what is happening today. I think some features of the regimes in Russia, in Israel and in other countries mirror those in Nazi Germany - but there are also major differences.

Under the 'new anti semitism' (the one where any criticism of Israel or Zionism - including from Jewish people - is now labelled anti semitic) that cannot be said and you end up with newspeak and the pathetic slurs that people like LOM throw out. When one of the board's most consistent racists (and misogynists) calls others racist you know it is time to turn the irony meter to max.

On the 'most murderous leader' in history I expect Stalin is up there, maybe with Mao or Genghis Khan? But I expect Queen Victoria has been given a free pass?
    Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Churchill
    Close, but he's the one who stopped Hitler.

1 - Mao
    2 - Stalin

Of course, Nazism didn't die with Hitler, that is a different argument, but I do think the comparisons to the man himself are absolutely overblown.

It's a bit like comparing every decent footballer to Pele or Maradona.

It's a bit like comparing every decent footballer to Pele or Maradona.
    For some reason Pirlo is used as a comparison more than any other footballer. (Joe Bloggs, the Forest Green Pirlo!)

I have no hard statistics for that but I'm sure it's true.

For some reason Pirlo is used as a comparison more than any other footballer. (Joe Bloggs, the Forest Green Pirlo!)

I have no hard statistics for that but I'm sure it's true.
    Pirlo Pot, the Cambodian tyrant.

My grandfather and many others stopped Hitler

🤣

👍

Of course. But they had a leader.