Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
Well she says (in relation to Israel) "it seems as if Hitler has won". Now given that since 1942 at least Hitlers policy was the annihilation of the race not it's resettlement, I think we can conflude that had Hitler won then a strong Israel wouldn't exist. Ergo, I interpret her quote there as "nudge nudge wink wink, Israel are Nazis". In answer to your question "who labelled the Israeli state as Nazis?" Btw, it was done on Page 1 of this thread. Not only when the blood of Oct 7th wasn't dry, it was still being shed.

I think at this point though it is probably worth us confirming what we are actually debating here. If you think it's reasonable that people HAVE to agree with her quote, and if not then they support the killing of children, then we have no where to go with it.

However, if you want to put some specific questions to me then maybe we can see where we are, as I don't doubt for one second that everyone wants to see an end to bloodshed.

No - I don't think 'people HAVE to agree with her quote. Many or most won't. But she is clearly talking about the destruction by Israel of Jewish values as she sees them - not the bizarre ('nudge nudge wink wink') interpretation you have put on her words.

In what version of reality could anyone (critic or supporter) think or claim that 'the annihilation of the (Jewish) race' (to use your words) has happened to give the ghost of Hitler a victory? It is a complete nonsense of an argument, and if put forward as a live threat not a reality, it would only come from those with the complete opposite viewpoint to that of Miriam Margolyes - from those who endorse all the actions of Israel in Gaza!

I did check back to page 1 and you are right that NYCBlue called Israel a Nazi state. I disagree with him. But you were not referring to page 1 with your deflection; you were talking about the last few pages since I posted the Margolyes quote. No one who has contributed to this particular strand of the discussion has said what you claim.