+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's a good starter.
    Nice try, unfortunately you accused me of fabricating a quote from someone?
    So either apologise or post the 'misquote' (!!)??

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Nice try, unfortunately you accused me of fabricating a quote from someone?
    So either apologise or post the 'misquote' (!!)??
    No mistake here, old fruit. Check your messages on here. By the way, who are the anti-semistists on here that you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Signed.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Great post,signed
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Signed
    Thanks.

What is the UN Resolution to a ceasefire about? Means nothing? When you have the Russians voting for it after what they’ve done and continue to do in Ukraine makes it not worth the paper it’s written on? What’s the point of it…..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No mistake here, old fruit. Check your messages on here. By the way, who are the anti-semistists on here that you mentioned?
    I have made hundreds of comments, yet you have no examples at all, you are all froth

TP and TBG - any chance of signing the petition please?

https://www.change.org/p/welcome-pal...-into-uk-homes

Thanks. Apologies if you have already done so.

P.S. Total signatures now nearly 105,000, up 3,000.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b020f3b673fce3

Israel's total, contemptuous, public rejection of a two state solution means a continuation of the ethnic cleansing of Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem - and a massive challenge to Biden.

For the Netanyahu government a one state, Zionist Greater Israel, is the only outcome they will accept. No concerns for peace, Palestinians or the hostility of most of the world.

I expect Biden will cave in and keep the military hardware flowing, but will look even weaker as a result!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

No problem, have done

Signed

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    No problem, have done
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Signed
    Thank you.

Are the UK Government changing their position regarding a ceasefire in Gaza?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67740606

Are the UK Government changing their position regarding a ceasefire in Gaza?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67740606
    Very slowly - and only after the Tory government (or proxies) has moved first. So are the German, French and US governments.

It is still more about degrees, tone and emphasis - and all shrouded in '100% support' for Israel and its so-called war against Hamas.

But they are all getting closer to the stance of Ireland, Spain, Belgium and Norway - who have all taken a ceasefire position and to varying degrees accused the Israelis of war crimes if not genocide.

Too little too late imho

Mark Regev , Netanyahu right hand press spokesman

Absolute zionist nutcase

There is no chance whatsoever of peace over there

I have had a reply from the Home Office in response to my letter regarding the plight of Palestinian orphans and whether H.M.Gov. would consider a "Kindertransport" type scheme for these poor kids. It was a lengthy reply (2 pages) which basically informed me of what the U.K. is doing i.e. reminding Israel of it's responsibilities under International Law and also our country's part in providing humanitarian assistance to Gaza. The final sentence was very disappointing: "At present, we are not considering establishing a bespoke route for refugees from Gaza affected by the conflict".

I have written back to thank them for their response but that I was disappointed in that they have not addressed my specific concern i.e. orphans and not the Palestinian population as a whole, as clearly there is no way that we could accommodate potentially hundreds of thousands of people.

So meanwhile I will be sending the link to Change.org ( https://www.change.org/p/welcome-pal...-into-uk-homes ) to everyone I know and see if it is possible to reach the target figure whereby H.M. Gov. have to take notice and debate the issue in Parliament.

I have had a reply from the Home Office in response to my letter regarding the plight of Palestinian orphans and whether H.M.Gov. would consider a "Kindertransport" type scheme for these poor kids. It was a lengthy reply (2 pages) which basically informed me of what the U.K. is doing i.e. reminding Israel of it's responsibilities under International Law and also our country's part in providing humanitarian assistance to Gaza. The final sentence was very disappointing: "At present, we are not considering establishing a bespoke route for refugees from Gaza affected by the conflict".

I have written back to thank them for their response but that I was disappointed in that they have not addressed my specific concern i.e. orphans and not the Palestinian population as a whole, as clearly there is no way that we could accommodate potentially hundreds of thousands of people.

So meanwhile I will be sending the link to Change.org ( https://www.change.org/p/welcome-pal...-into-uk-homes ) to everyone I know and see if it is possible to reach the target figure whereby H.M. Gov. have to take notice and debate the issue in Parliament.
    Top Man keep up the fantastic work.

You are a good guy

There’s a poster on here who, ludicrously, asks what would you do about it to people who are critical of what the Netanyahu Government is doing in Gaza, well done to you for trying to do something about it

I’d also add that it’s a poor reflection on those charged with answering you that they miss your point so hopelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a good guy
    Not really, just a sinner like everybody else!

There’s a poster on here who, ludicrously, asks what would you do about it to people who are critical of what the Netanyahu Government is doing in Gaza, well done to you for trying to do something about it

I’d also add that it’s a poor reflection on those charged with answering you that they miss your point so hopelessly.
    Yes, I do hope others put in as much effort in trying to DO SOMETHING as they do pontificating on MB's!

I take some small crumb of comfort from the final sentence of the H.O. reply in that it starts with "At present..." Hopefully that means that the idea is not completely dead and buried!

It's gone rather quiet on here. I guess we (and the media) are beginning to suffer "Gaza fatigue" whilst the daily slaughter carries on as usual.

Even the petition has slowed down now, only up to 107,000 in total - just 2000 more than 2 weeks ago.

It's gone rather quiet on here. I guess we (and the media) are beginning to suffer "Gaza fatigue" whilst the daily slaughter carries on as usual.

Even the petition has slowed down now, only up to 107,000 in total - just 2000 more than 2 weeks ago.
    There will be Gaza fatigue - the news coming out is just more and more of the same. The shock value has gone, although hopefully the anger hasn't died down. There has also been a Christmas - New Year pause in most of the international protests. There have been constant local events in Europe and the USA (Jewish led bridge blockades in support of Palestine in several US cities in the past few days) with a co-ordinated UK Day Of Action on Saturday and the next big London demonstration on 13 January.

The latest Gaza death toll is close to 21,500 with nearly 60,000 injured and 7,500 missing (buried under rubble!). 85% of Gazans are displaced and homeless. Disease is rife. Food, clean water and electricity are scarce and famine is starting to show in some pockets. The aid trucks are trickling in but contain only a fraction of what is needed. Civilians continue to be maimed, dismembered, burnt and crushed on an hourly basis under IDF bombs and shells. Settlers are still killing and vandalising in the West Bank with IDF support, and the UN is producing reports that reference claims Israel has carried out murders and torture of prisoners.

Netanyahu is giving Biden the finger and settling in for the 'long genocide' in an attempt to stave off his fall from power and probable criminal conviction. Israel is fast losing the international struggle for hearts and minds - and seems not to care. 'Normalisation' of relations has ended. The Israeli public still seem to be behind Netanyahu - but that is fracturing. There is little or no enthusiasm amongst Palestinians for Abbas and the Fatah old guard (who are Biden's preferred Palestinain leadership) and although Hamas has gained support (in anger and desperation) there is still scope for a new, dynamic, secular Palestinian leadership to emerge. But Israel would have to let them out of prison (mostly administratively detained without charge) for that to become possible.