+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1388

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

I’d expect any country to act and respond to a terrorist attack made against them. The question is - do you think Israel’s level of response is proportionate and appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I’d expect any country to act and respond to a terrorist attack made against them. The question is - do you think Israel’s level of response is proportionate and appropriate?
    Proportionate - as reported, not entirely.
    Appropriate - absolutely, until the last hostage is released.

On 7 October 2023, 1,139 Israelis and foreign nationals, including 764 civilians, were killed, and 248 persons taken hostage during the initial attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip. Since then, over 26,637 Palestinians (the majority of whom were women and children) in the Gaza Strip have been killed according to the Gaza Health Ministry.

You think that’s appropriate? Not to mention the fact that over half of the Palestinian’s buildings have now been destroyed and left without power, water and access to medical aid.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Proportionate - as reported, not entirely.
    Appropriate - absolutely, until the last hostage is released.
    The saying is @n eye for an eye, not twenty plus eyes for an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The saying is @n eye for an eye, not twenty plus eyes for an eye.
    Fair point. What I don't understand though is why the protesters don't call on Hamas to release hostages. I would have so much more respect for them if that was a core part of the message

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Fair point. What I don't understand though is why the protesters don't call on Hamas to release hostages. I would have so much more respect for them if that was a core part of the message
    Many of them do - as do many of the platform speakers at the rallies at the end.

But the focus of the local and national (and international) demonstrations for Gaza is ‘ceasefire now’.

That is what the demonstrators are demanding via our government, the US government, European and other ‘western’ governments who have all refused to take that position or to use their influence on Israel (especially the US) to stop the slaughter in Gaza and the West Bank.

Protestors’ do not need to give equal prominence to calls for release of the hostages. All those governments are saying that anyway.

On 7 October 2023, 1,139 Israelis and foreign nationals, including 764 civilians, were killed, and 248 persons taken hostage during the initial attack on Israel from the Gaza Strip. Since then, over 26,637 Palestinians (the majority of whom were women and children) in the Gaza Strip have been killed according to the Gaza Health Ministry.

You think that’s appropriate? Not to mention the fact that over half of the Palestinian’s buildings have now been destroyed and left without power, water and access to medical aid.
    Did you feel the same way when Saddam placed women & children in equally strategic positions which would ensure they were killed or injured, producing similar outcry from the majority far and wide?

When we look at this conflct in isolation it will look disproportionate; when we look at the larger agenda of Iranian backed groups and the history of many nations all with the same aim - the extermination of all Jews worldwide, it will look very different, particularly to those who study history and know the complete history of that region, and not just recent decades.

Indeed, why would anyone who has no valid argument wish to engage anyone?
    Your world view is a familiar one, as is your attitude to anything related to Israel.

I am always open to dialogue and while we may never have the same foundation, I see no reason to dismiss you or anyone who shares your familiar take on life, the universe etc
    I have clearly established your deliberate twisting of other posters words and comments but perhaps you can fabricate some other comments I have made about Israel other that the one I reproduced a few messages ago. I'll wait......

Did you feel the same way when Saddam placed women & children in equally strategic positions which would ensure they were killed or injured, producing similar outcry from the majority far and wide?

When we look at this conflct in isolation it will look disproportionate; when we look at the larger agenda of Iranian backed groups and the history of many nations all with the same aim - the extermination of all Jews worldwide, it will look very different, particularly to those who study history and know the complete history of that region, and not just recent decades.
    It’s not about strategic placement of civilians though is it? Israel told Palestinians to move south and bombed the crap out of them anyway.

I did not support the war in Iraq either.

It’s not about strategic placement of civilians though is it? Israel told Palestinians to move south and bombed the crap out of them anyway.

I did not support the war in Iraq either.
    It's interesting how coordinated Islamic Countries can be in attacking Israel (1967/ 1973 for example), yet not so in evacuating their fellow Muslims caught up in the bloody scheming/ agenda of Hamas.
    As ever, people are not interested in considering the bigger picture re Israel and the land surrounding it's borders.
    Two dreadful wrongs will never make a right, but on this occasion who actually struck the match?

It's interesting how coordinated Islamic Countries can be in attacking Israel (1967/ 1973 for example), yet not so in evacuating their fellow Muslims caught up in the bloody scheming/ agenda of Hamas.
    As ever, people are not interested in considering the bigger picture re Israel and the land surrounding it's borders.
    Two dreadful wrongs will never make a right, but on this occasion who actually struck the match?
    Your 'bigger picture' is a fine old mix of distortion, invention and air brushing.

'Islamic countries' didn't co-ordinate in 1967 - they scrambled to respond to an Israeli pre-planned attack. They barely co-ordinated in 1948 or 1973 either.

Why should they 'evacuate' 'fellow Muslims' from Gaza - they should be doing everything possible to stop the war and allow the Palestinians of Gaza to live free and safely in their homes. Are they supposed to evacuate Palestinian Christians and non believers too?

Hamas had a bloody/scheming agenda, but it is dwarfed by the bloody/scheming agenda of the Israeli government and military!

A match was struck on 7 October - clearly - but the fires had been burning (and the corpses and injustices mounting up) for decades.

It is convenient to pretend that history began on 7 October - but it is not true. As the Secretary General of the UN explained (to Israeli outrage) in November - there was a long and bloody backstory of Israeli persecution, expropriation and apartheid before the Hamas attack.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Your 'bigger picture' is a fine old mix of distortion, invention and air brushing.

'Islamic countries' didn't co-ordinate in 1967 - they scrambled to respond to an Israeli pre-planned attack. They barely co-ordinated in 1948 or 1973 either.

Why should they 'evacuate' 'fellow Muslims' from Gaza - they should be doing everything possible to stop the war and allow the Palestinians of Gaza to live free and safely in their homes. Are they supposed to evacuate Palestinian Christians and non believers too?

Hamas had a bloody/scheming agenda, but it is dwarfed by the bloody/scheming agenda of the Israeli government and military!

A match was struck on 7 October - clearly - but the fires had been burning (and the corpses and injustices mounting up) for decades.

It is convenient to pretend that history began on 7 October - but it is not true. As the Secretary General of the UN explained (to Israeli outrage) in November - there was a long and bloody backstory of Israeli persecution, expropriation and apartheid before the Hamas attack.
    I'm sure the BBC would agree with you.
    It's no wonder the events of Ezekiel 38/39 & Psalm 83 will take place very soon with the narrative you and so many others have bought.
    For now, we can agree to disagree. Shalom.

I'm sure the BBC would agree with you.
    It's no wonder the events of Ezekiel 38/39 & Psalm 83 will take place very soon with the narrative you and so many others have bought.
    For now, we can agree to disagree. Shalom.
    I don’t know where to begin with either of these responses, so I’ll leave it at that.

36 Israeli children were killed in the Hamas attack on 7 October.

11,500 Palestinian children have been killed in the Israeli retribution (or genocide) since.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have clearly established your deliberate twisting of other posters words and comments but perhaps you can fabricate some other comments I have made about Israel other that the one I reproduced a few messages ago. I'll wait......
    Still waiting.

Still waiting.
    Direct quotes and not your twisted misinterpretations, please.

Is it me or has our government gone quiet on the matter?

Is it me or has our government gone quiet on the matter?
    So has untruthpaste regarding his imaginings.

So has untruthpaste regarding his imaginings.
    People have had their say, I'm sure with the Iranian and Iraq machinery in full swing, there will be more reasons to discuss this ongoing issue before too long.

People have had their say, I'm sure with the Iranian and Iraq machinery in full swing, there will be more reasons to discuss this ongoing issue before too long.
    Come on, come up with some quotes about other things I said about Israel. You've been caught out once already.

Come on, come up with some quotes about other things I said about Israel. You've been caught out once already.
    If you've got a beef then place the appropriate comments here and I'll address them, I am far to busy to look for comments that have irritated you a number of days ago.

If you've got a beef then place the appropriate comments here and I'll address them, I am far to busy to look for comments that have irritated you a number of days ago.
    You are far too busy to back up your own comment about other things I have supposedly said about Israel?

What a bullshitter yet again!

You are far too busy to back up your own comment about other things I have supposedly said about Israel?

What a bullshitter yet again!
    I've no idea what you are talking about, if it's still rattling around in your brain and it's bothering you and it's beyond your ability to post it, then give me the date and time of the post that's irritating you and I'll address it when I can.