+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1388

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I've no idea what you are talking about, if it's still rattling around in your brain and it's bothering you and it's beyond your ability to post it, then give me the date and time of the post that's irritating you and I'll address it when I can.
    How ironic! I posted verbatim exchanges regarding your other deliberate misinterpretations of mine and other posters' comments a few messages back and you avoided making a specific comment about it!

I therefore don't expect you to respond to this question but I'll give it a go. Regarding your post below, what other comments relate to my attitude to anything related to Israel? You made that comment so you should be able to back it up - unless you are making it up again. And do try not to deflect.

Indeed, why would anyone who has no valid argument wish to engage anyone?
    Your world view is a familiar one, as is your attitude to anything related to Israel.

I am always open to dialogue and while we may never have the same foundation, I see no reason to dismiss you or anyone who shares your familiar take on life, the universe etc

This might be a way forward to a two-state Israel-Palestine with Palestinian and international support - if there are leaders in Israel willing to engage (the biggest obstacle to future peace):

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...raeli-gaza-war

At leat the Israeli Supreme Court is willing to modify the level of state repression against anti war Israeli citizens - no wonder Bibi wants to gut it. Ahmad Khalefa out of prison after 4 months and into house arrest - but most are still being abused behind bars.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...after-110-days

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Neither Hamas nor the Israeli government are known for their humanitarianism and compassion for their fellow man of a different religious persuasion. No irony is involved.
    This is one example (and I can quote others next week if you wish when I have more time):-

To bracket Hamas with Israel is absurd. Israel is not part of a larger group that have made it clear that their key aim is the eradication of an entire race of people?
    As for the way they treat humanity. Are you saying that Arab's cannot work in Israel or set up businesses and live in peace?
    When I last visited Israel my guide was an Arab lady who had been running her business for many years and loved living in Israel.
    As for their attitude towards others of another religious persuasion, I suggest you watch this clip* and see how Christians and others travel to Israel to be involved in this Jewish business and receive such a welcome they go regularly for free.

This is one example (and I can quote others next week if you wish when I have more time):-

To bracket Hamas with Israel is absurd. Israel is not part of a larger group that have made it clear that their key aim is the eradication of an entire race of people?
    As for the way they treat humanity. Are you saying that Arab's cannot work in Israel or set up businesses and live in peace?
    When I last visited Israel my guide was an Arab lady who had been running her business for many years and loved living in Israel.
    As for their attitude towards others of another religious persuasion, I suggest you watch this clip* and see how Christians and others travel to Israel to be involved in this Jewish business and receive such a welcome they go regularly for free.
    there have been several people in Israel that have absolutely made it clear that their aim is to eradicate Palestinians from Gaza, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there have been several people in Israel that have absolutely made it clear that their aim is to eradicate Palestinians from Gaza, you clearly haven't been paying attention.
    It's literal Palestinian policy to see the eradication of Israel though, is it not? I do think people could be a bit more consistent in calling this out when (rightly) calling out some parts of Israeli policy or "some people in Israel" etc.

This blind spot on Hamas from the Left generally is weird. I'm not saying you personally there, I just mean generally. They run Palestine, like most Islamists run their states in a deeply, deeply regressive manner. Sure, they score points for the whole 'anti imperialist' element if that's your bag, but otherwise they are appalling in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Several people - wow!

Case closed

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's literal Palestinian policy to see the eradication of Israel though, is it not? I do think people could be a bit more consistent in calling this out when (rightly) calling out some parts of Israeli policy or "some people in Israel" etc.

This blind spot on Hamas from the Left generally is weird. I'm not saying you personally there, I just mean generally. They run Palestine, like most Islamists run their states in a deeply, deeply regressive manner. Sure, they score points for the whole 'anti imperialist' element if that's your bag, but otherwise they are appalling in almost every way.
    No it is not.

Hamas' original 1988 Charter called for the obliteration of the State of Israel and its' replacement with an Islamic Republic across the whole of Mandate Palestine - Israel, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza and (I may be wrong here) a part of modern Jordan.
    It also used language that was denounced as anti Semitic.

Hamas' 2017 Charter was quite different in language and political aspiration. It co-incided with peace approaches to Israel (ignored) and significant parts of the Hamas leadership accepting the idea of a two state solution to the conflict.

Fatah/PLO have also changed and evolved over the years. The present Fatah-led Palestinian Authority does not have a policy of the eradication of Israel.

Whilst the main Palestinian organisations have been moving in the direction of political compromise, the Israeli government has been hardening its Zionist objectives away from a vaguer form of Jewish nationalism towards explicitly seeking a Greater Israel that incorporates the West Bank, all of Jerusalem and Gaza - and is no longer shy of advocating apartheid and ethnic cleansing to get there.

At least you don't go all Truthpaste and equate a wish for the end of a racist colonial state with a wish for the death of Jewish people everywhere. There will be a small number of sick anti Semites who genuinely believe that Jews are their enemies - but the vast majority (including most of Islamist organisation like Hamas) distinguish between individuals who have an ethnic or religious identity with an oppressive and murderous state. Even there they are increasingly of the view that Israel as a state is a fixture and the objective is to create an autonomous Palestinian state that can co-exist with it in peace. That is not a full solution - but it is progress.

Several people - wow!

Case closed
    There have been dozens of prominent politicians who have publicly supported that aim, including from Netanyahu's Likud Party - so not just from the far right settler end of government (some of them fascists).

It is also a view with major support amongst Jewish Israelis (from The Times of Israel 17 December 2023):

Hebrew University survey finds only 33% of respondents support reoccupation of Palestinian enclave. More than half of Israelis oppose annexing the Gaza Strip and reestablishing settlements uprooted during Israel's 2005 Disengagement, according to a poll from the Hebrew University published Sunday.17 Dec 2023

Only 35% of Israelis now support a two state solution to the conflict - down from 44% in 2017.

Attitudes in Israel are hardening and moving in a rightward direction fast. Dissident voices are crushed.

Irrelevant response and deflection yet again.
    The above does not include a single quote from me and which you supposedly based your comment on. Are you really so stupid to realise that you have been caught out again? (I think I know the answer to that question though).

realise = not realise, of course.

Irrelevant response and deflection yet again.
    The above does not include a single quote from me and which you supposedly based your comment on. Are you really so stupid to realise that you have been caught out again? (I think I know the answer to that question though).
    This was NOT a quote from you? (above)

Neither Hamas nor the Israeli government are known for their humanitarianism and compassion for their fellow man of a different religious persuasion. No irony is involved.

Have you switched to decaff?

This was NOT a quote from you? (above)

Have you switched to decaff?
    I think you are deliberately obfuscating.

I produced conclusive evidence of your misquoting me in your responses to that very post, as well as your misquoting stevo.
    You didn't respond to that evidence and merely deflected.

You followed up with the later quote I reproduced a few messages ago and asked you to qualify that comment, whereupon you twisted and turned and didn't respond again.

You seem unable or unwilling to respond to things put to you succinctly and in direct quotations and you merely deflect, go off at tangents or pretend that you don't know what the points are about.

You have demostrated clearly what type of person you are on here and I suggest you double-check in future before you make unsubstatiated claims about other posters. You are incredibly dishonest and disingenuous.

I think you are deliberately obfuscating.

I produced conclusive evidence of your misquoting me in your responses to that very post, as well as your misquoting stevo.
    You didn't respond to that evidence and merely deflected.

You followed up with the later quote I reproduced a few messages ago and asked you to qualify that comment, whereupon you twisted and turned and didn't respond again.

You seem unable or unwilling to respond to things put to you succinctly and in direct quotations and you merely deflect, go off at tangents or pretend that you don't know what the points are about.

You have demostrated clearly what type of person you are on here and I suggest you double-check in future before you make unsubstatiated claims about other posters. You are incredibly dishonest and disingenuous.
    You've convinced yourself which will hopefully satisfy your itch.
    I've got no further time to waste, I gave you one example and I suspect if I gave you ten it wouldn't make any difference.
    Your rabbit holes would rival the underground efforts of Hamas. Enjoy your weekend.

You've convinced yourself which will hopefully satisfy your itch.
    I've got no further time to waste, I gave you one example and I suspect if I gave you ten it wouldn't make any difference.
    Your rabbit holes would rival the underground efforts of Hamas. Enjoy your weekend.
    No rabbit holes here. I have documented our exchanges verbatim and in chronological order.
    And your final comment about my actions being likened to Hamas is absolutely disgraceful.

Yes, folks.... this is exactly what truthpaste is made of.

Now that the IDF are homing in on Rafah, could my thinking about a mass exodus of Palestinian people into Egypt to escape the fighting come true? In all seriousness, what would the Egyptians be able to do if thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) stormed through the Rafah crossing in a single almighty crush?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Now that the IDF are homing in on Rafah, could my thinking about a mass exodus of Palestinian people into Egypt to escape the fighting come true? In all seriousness, what would the Egyptians be able to do if thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) stormed through the Rafah crossing in a single almighty crush?
    I certainly hope it comes true, Arabs from the Red Sea right across the region are united in their agenda v Israel; it would be good to see just two of those nations organise something positive and provide safety for these people away from the counterfeit protection and guidance they've experienced from Hamas.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

This blind spot on Hamas from the Left generally is weird.
    Why would you associate a call to stop the genocide in Gaza as a 'left' thing? Does that mean all pacifists lefties? I don't see any blind spot on Hamas either. I think we've all called them out as terrorists. It's just that we're also calling out the Israeli government on their response to those terrorist attacks.

Talking of pacifism, you'd expect your good Christian types to take that line. I find it strange when they don't and support genocide instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Why would you associate a call to stop the genocide in Gaza as a 'left' thing? Does that mean all pacifists lefties? I don't see any blind spot on Hamas either. I think we've all called them out as terrorists. It's just that we're also calling out the Israeli government on their response to those terrorist attacks.

Talking of pacifism, you'd expect your good Christian types to take that line. I find it strange when they don't and support genocide instead.
    Well said

I certainly hope it comes true, Arabs from the Red Sea right across the region are united in their agenda v Israel; it would be good to see just two of those nations organise something positive and provide safety for these people away from the counterfeit protection and guidance they've experienced from Hamas.
    Is it just possible that such a scenario is exactly what the Israeli's are hoping for i.e. a mass evacuation of Gaza so that they can occupy the land for Israeli settlers?

I think that’s what Truthpaste is hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Is it just possible that such a scenario is exactly what the Israeli's are hoping for i.e. a mass evacuation of Gaza so that they can occupy the land for Israeli settlers?
    That may be part of their vision, however guaranteeing the safety re attacks from that region would also be a major consideration. Are you familiar with the areas of that region Israel has occupied in the past and the fact that they have never once occupied all the land they were originally promised?
    Also do you know who the Palestinians were/ are historically?

Finally, Cameron raises concerns about Israel’s genocide.

That may be part of their vision, however guaranteeing the safety re attacks from that region would also be a major consideration. Are you familiar with the areas of that region Israel has occupied in the past and the fact that they have never once occupied all the land they were originally promised?
    Also do you know who the Palestinians were/ are historically?
    For the avoidance of doubt you are not speaking about a United Nations promise.

You are off again about a stone/bronze age myth about the invented pronouncement of a supernatural cloud dweller.

Which for you appears to justify the genocidal 'Amalek' fantasies of a corrupt, far right colonial-settler regime with a three generation history of ethnic cleansing, apartheid, torture, murder and imprisonment without trial. But if it's in the big book - all good with you!