+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1388

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt you are not speaking about a United Nations promise.

You are off again about a stone/bronze age myth about the invented pronouncement of a supernatural cloud dweller.

Which for you appears to justify the genocidal 'Amalek' fantasies of a corrupt, far right colonial-settler regime with a three generation history of ethnic cleansing, apartheid, torture, murder and imprisonment without trial. But if it's in the big book - all good with you!
    I know, the book that you think is full of contradictions, but in reality just points to your own.
    No wonder you want to dismiss it's claims including all it says re Israel.
    Ultimately, that's only a temporary understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    That may be part of their vision, however guaranteeing the safety re attacks from that region would also be a major consideration. Are you familiar with the areas of that region Israel has occupied in the past and the fact that they have never once occupied all the land they were originally promised?
    Also do you know who the Palestinians were/ are historically?
    I know that the whole area of that part of the Middle East has had different names and covered different areas since the earliest days of the Exodus/Canaan, then the 12 tribes classification, the kingdoms of David and Solomon, the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and the situation in the time of Jesus. I have maps in the back of the NIV Bible I have, which I refer to.

As I understand it, the name Palestine originally derives from the name Philistia, the land of the Philistine people, who lived along the coast where the Gaza strip is today.

A good summary can be found here:
    https://theconversation.com/the-hist...-claims-163156

There is no way that Egypt will voluntarily take refugees from Gaza. These articles make interesting reading:

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2...ls-war-on-gaza

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/...nian-neighbors

I know, the book that you think is full of contradictions, but in reality just points to your own.
    No wonder you want to dismiss it's claims including all it says re Israel.
    Ultimately, that's only a temporary understanding.

But you’re referring to a book that also says the Earth was made in 7 days and that the whole human race came from Adam and Eve. Not to mention that the whole animal kingdom was saved from a flood and happily coexisted on a big boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    But you’re referring to a book that also says the Earth was made in 7 days and that the whole human race came from Adam and Eve. Not to mention that the whole animal kingdom was saved from a flood and happily coexisted on a big boat.
    Well if you only refer to other people's opinion on it then you'll not even get the details right, it was completed in 6 days.
    Modern science (now unfortunately a mix of verified and speculative claims) now agrees that all women orginate in the following fashion:-

Did all humans descend from one woman?
    Mitochondrial Eve - Wikipedia
    In human genetics, the Mitochondrial Eve (more technically known as the Mitochondrial-Most Recent Common Ancestor, shortened to mt-Eve or mt-MRCA) is the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all living humans.

One man would also be involved in such a process. Now tell me how that is a million miles from Genesis chapter 1?

Cultures all over the world have an account of one family surviving a catastrophic flood; so without the aid of social media, e-mail, cnn, sky news or national geo, how did they all end up with the same unusual story?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know that the whole area of that part of the Middle East has had different names and covered different areas since the earliest days of the Exodus/Canaan, then the 12 tribes classification, the kingdoms of David and Solomon, the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, and the situation in the time of Jesus. I have maps in the back of the NIV Bible I have, which I refer to.

As I understand it, the name Palestine originally derives from the name Philistia, the land of the Philistine people, who lived along the coast where the Gaza strip is today.

A good summary can be found here:
    https://theconversation.com/the-hist...-claims-163156
    Thanks for the detail; in fact most people will have heard of David & Goliath, and not realise that this was the beginning of the history of Israel v Palestine. Israel today has no more than 20% of the land they were allocated, so even with Gaza, it would be way way short of it's actual title deed.

Thanks for the detail; in fact most people will have heard of David & Goliath, and not realise that this was the beginning of the history of Israel v Palestine. Israel today has no more than 20% of the land they were allocated, so even with Gaza, it would be way way short of it's actual title deed.
    ‘Actual title deed’!

Chuffin’ hell.

How many gay people have Hamas , Hezbollah and Houthis killed and persecuted recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    5000 people murdered I've heard including children. Disgusting.
    Shame on both thier houses then, or we naive to think nice Hamas didn't know what would happen . What Hamas did to innocent peace loving Israeli festival goes was both barbaric and deliberate, sadly Palestinians won't give Hamas up or if they did Hamas would kill them .

Hanas treat Palestinians as useful fodder, bit like Hilter and Putin have done sacrificed thier own for what??

Well if you only refer to other people's opinion on it then you'll not even get the details right, it was completed in 6 days.
    Modern science (now unfortunately a mix of verified and speculative claims) now agrees that all women orginate in the following fashion:-

Did all humans descend from one woman?
    Mitochondrial Eve - Wikipedia
    In human genetics, the Mitochondrial Eve (more technically known as the Mitochondrial-Most Recent Common Ancestor, shortened to mt-Eve or mt-MRCA) is the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all living humans.

One man would also be involved in such a process. Now tell me how that is a million miles from Genesis chapter 1?

Cultures all over the world have an account of one family surviving a catastrophic flood; so without the aid of social media, e-mail, cnn, sky news or national geo, how did they all end up with the same unusual story?
    Of course all primitive societies had their creation myths. But many Eves and many Adams producing the first generation of recognisable humans over 2 million years ago - with no apples and no talking snakes - is certainly a million miles from Genesis.

Of course all primitive societies had their creation myths. But many Eves and many Adams producing the first generation of recognisable humans over 2 million years ago - with no apples and no talking snakes - is certainly a million miles from Genesis.
    jon, you need to be educated by a talking snake. Or a talking donkey.

I see you avoided addressing the identical flood 'myth' found in remote parts of the world which were thousands of miles apart and a feature of each of these so called 'primitive societies' (??)

I see you avoided addressing the identical flood 'myth' found in remote parts of the world which were thousands of miles apart and a feature of each of these so called 'primitive societies' (??)
    No more than you avoided addressing how every species of animal managed to coexist on a big boat without eating each other let alone Noah being eaten himself. And how did all the herbivores manage?

There’s plenty of evidence that a big flood happened. I don’t think anyone’s denying that but not to the levels described in the bible and the story of Noah’s ark.

No more than you avoided addressing how every species of animal managed to coexist on a big boat without eating each other let alone Noah being eaten himself. And how did all the herbivores manage?

There’s plenty of evidence that a big flood happened. I don’t think anyone’s denying that but not to the levels described in the bible and the story of Noah’s ark.
    Don't underestimate Noah. He died at the ripe old age of 950.

I see, Noah being eaten himself. Are all the animals in London Zoo harmless then?
    That is a mystery?

European differences on Gaza getting clearer - although whole of Europe (and USA) moving away from unconditional, uncritical support for Netanyahu and all his works!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...te-on-gaza-war

European differences on Gaza getting clearer - although whole of Europe (and USA) moving away from unconditional, uncritical support for Netanyahu and all his works!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...te-on-gaza-war
    It's an interesting divide, and for those that are aware of the final end-game the countries due to be involved are all suitably placed within the equation.

‘Actual title deed’!

Chuffin’ hell.
    I place you mention but ultimately remain in denial about.

I place you mention but ultimately remain in denial about.
    More than denial.

Omar-Khayyam-There-Is-No-Hell-But-Here.jpg

truthpaste seems to not understand lingusitics. People use phrases that have been in currency for centuries and without necessarily buying into the origins. He probably thinks that every 'omg' typed on the internet reflects religiosity - and every reference to playing the devil's advocate being a recognition of Satan's powers.

I wonder if he uses the words Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.....

Explain to him Jon it's pretty much hell for the poor people of Gaza at the moment. We need not look to other dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    truthpaste seems to not understand lingusitics. People use phrases that have been in currency for centuries and without necessarily buying into the origins. He probably thinks that every 'omg' typed on the internet reflects religiosity - and every reference to playing the devil's advocate being a recognition of Satan's powers.

I wonder if he uses the words Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.....
    Only when he lies in bed dreaming of his endless horns of mead in Valhalla!

It could be heaven of a sorts here on earth but unfortunately us dear old humans have gone their own sweet way, so we end up with "hell on earth" for some and in the future possibly for every one of us of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It could be heaven of a sorts here on earth but unfortunately us dear old humans have gone their own sweet way, so we end up with "hell on earth" for some and in the future possibly for every one of us of course.
    Adam and Eve started all the evil malarkey. God messed up from the off. Misjudged the temptation of the tree of knowledge. Ignorance would have been bliss, obviously.

I see, Noah being eaten himself. Are all the animals in London Zoo harmless then?
    That is a mystery?
    Did they have tranquillisers in biblical times?

You’ve avoided the issue of the starving herbivores and what did the carnivores feed off if it wasn’t the other animals?